UPS, FedEx, Airborne Express, USPS - bad guys. - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shipping

Notices

Shipping Forum for all issues concerning shipping, shipping companies, and anything directly related to moving animals and products via commercial carriers.

Old 02-01-2004, 11:35 AM   #31
Tom McKenna
Hope those help you all. If I print all my labels online and set up a online account which I did I recevie a 10% discount on shipping they will supply all the labels, label sleeves and supplies which you order online also. The more volume you send the more the discount.

Old 02-01-2004, 02:40 PM   #32
Brian Oakley
Wendy,
You are 100% correct. Like I stated in my post earler if you re-read it, the only thing that is deiffferent here is volume, you might ship more than the average 'Joe'. That all breaks down to $$ for them.

I sent a short and to the point letter of what I am looking for.
Here is what it said.......

I wanted to contact you in hopes that we could come to an agreement. I am a nonvenomous snake breeder in Arizona. I have been in this industry for 15 years and hope to be in it for years to come.
I am writing you because I am in need of a good sound relationship with a overnight delivery company.
When I ship nonvenomous snakes, I use the following techniques for shipping:
1. I get a standard cardboard box
2. I line the cardboard box with at laest 1' thick styrophome. This insures safety of the snake from extreme temperatures (both hot and cold).
3. I place the snake in a 'snake bag' and tie it shut to unsure that it cannot get out.
4. I placce crumbled up newspaper or shredded paper in the box surrounding the bad with the nonvenomous snake. This gives the snake some extra 'cushionin' if you will from being moved abruptly from side to side in the box.
5. The box is taped shut and I ship.

The above steps are followed when I ship each and every time. Not once have I had a snake die in shipping.

I know that there are individuals that are permitted to ship with your company, but I am unsure what you base your decisions on (who can and who can't).

I would be more than happy to open an acct. with your company in hopes of using your services when my shipping needs dictate so.
I am more than willing to answer any questions or concerns you might have, just email me and I can get back to you very quickly.
I look foward to a response from you all and hope that we can have a long term relationship that will benefit us both in the years to come.
Thank you for your time,
Brian Oakley
Phx., AZ
BrianOakley@cox.net

We will see what their response is.

Old 02-01-2004, 02:53 PM   #33
WebSlave
Thanks, Tom.

To be honest, item "J" would would kill the agreement for me. I ship MANY of my packages to residential addresses, so such an agreement would be useless to me. What difference does that stipulation make in the manner in which the package would be handled?

Dan, do you have that same stipulation in your agreement?

Old 02-01-2004, 03:02 PM   #34
dwedeking
Yes mine has that in there. I'll have to re-negotiate that portion or your right it is worthless.

Old 02-01-2004, 03:16 PM   #35
Tom McKenna
That is my original argreement the one I renegotiated I can ship to residence just have to have number to reach them just incase noone is home to receive package

Old 02-01-2004, 09:01 PM   #36
Steve M.
For me keeping and breeding snakes is just a hobby not a livelyhood, but I do agree the shipping problem does need to be addressed. So count me in on a class action suit just post the information when the time comes and the check will be in the mail!

Old 02-02-2004, 12:24 PM   #37
Pennebaker
The Fedex situation gives me hope at least.
Even if it is business to business shipping, you could always ship to an authorized fedex center for a customer to pick up.
I know that it is not perfect, but it is definitely a step. For Tom, how easy was it to re-negotiate?
Dana

Old 02-02-2004, 01:57 PM   #38
Tom McKenna
They prefer business to business but they will do residence as long as they have number to contact them and have someone there for package. I explained to them som eof the people I deliver to are residence and they just changed it. But can't be PO Boxes or Rural Routes

Old 02-02-2004, 05:09 PM   #39
Brian Oakley
Well I received a response today from FedEx. I have copied and psted the reply in full. You will notice that there is a link that they suggest I write to. I wanted to post that link here so that WE ALL can use it and write to them.
Like it has been mentioned, this may work better in greater numbers. Up to you, but I will post the response I get from this next email as well just for an update.

EMAIL REPLY BELOW-
We received your inquiry. Thank you for your interest in FedEx.

FedEx does not accept live animal shipments as part of its regularly
scheduled service. Animal shipments must be coordinated and approved
by the FedEx Live Animal Desk. Please go to the FedEx Web site for
more details:
http://www.fedex.com/us/services/ter...veanimals.html

We hope this information is helpful. Again, thank you for contacting
FedEx.
Denise Schenzel

Old 02-02-2004, 05:29 PM   #40
Tom McKenna
The link is where I started then a rep called back and talked to me had to do box test then sign papers was easy but took a week or so to do

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!