DHL Lousy Carrier - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shipping

Notices

Shipping Forum for all issues concerning shipping, shipping companies, and anything directly related to moving animals and products via commercial carriers.

Old 10-20-2004, 11:48 AM   #11
dwedeking
Matt,

Back To The Future was a movie (ie not real)

Time to put down the remote and get some sleep!!!!

Old 10-20-2004, 11:57 AM   #12
MGReptiles
HAHAH well i know what I ment...lol..Rodent pro ships here i get it a day earlier than the tracking number says it will be delivered....Would be nice though, just clich the pay button and somone knocks on your door with the stuff..lol..Goodnight..
-Matt Graybeal

Old 10-20-2004, 10:34 PM   #13
John E Dove
Up Date

Sent Rodent pro an email yesterday through their website explaining the situation and asking how we should proceed from here.
As of yet I have recieved no reply which suprises me but I realize they are likely quite busy. I will post further update if I hear from them.
As for the use of DHL as a carrier, as far as I have been able to determine their service is becoming known to be worth the low price you pay, very little.
I am going to stick with people who ship with UPS or Fed Ex from now on even if it means passing up a good deal on that snake I've been wanting. I'd rather not have a live animal end up like these rotted mice and so far I've never had this kind of delay with those carriers.
John E Dove

Old 10-21-2004, 11:52 AM   #14
Scott Nellis
rotten rodents

Just how rotten did those rodents get? Were they totally defrosted, or half and half? The reason I ask is because I have a couple of snakes (Pacific Gophers) that actually prefer to let their f/t mouse sit out for 24 hours before eating it!! I don't know, maybe they like their mice half decomposed....lol. I'm sure it's too late for you as you probably disposed of them.....but if it happens again and the rodents aren't totally putrid, you might try refreezing them. Some snakes like their rodents fresh and some like them gamey!!

Scott Nellis

Old 10-21-2004, 05:05 PM   #15
DAND
Re: DHL Lousy Carrier

Quote:
Originally posted by John E Dove
(Anyone know anything I can feed rotten mice to)
Gators will eat them.

Old 10-21-2004, 06:57 PM   #16
SpiralTailRanch
Bad experience with DHL as well

I didn't have animals shipped through DHL, it was a box with 12 bigbottles of Shed Ease it it. The box showed up with all the corners smashed and one of the sides was mooshed in. Upon opening the box, one of the bottles had gotten squished and leaked all over the other boxes. A lot of the boxes were crushed and too damaged for me to sell. They probably played football with this thing.

Not happy with DHL.

Old 10-21-2004, 08:09 PM   #17
lilroach56
WHAT!?!?!?

I just recieved my order from rodentpro.com (DHL service) and am EXTREMELY happy with the shipping. did you try to contact rodentpro and DHL to find out what happened?

Old 10-22-2004, 01:44 AM   #18
rcas
DHL delivered a snake due at 10:30am at 3:00pm; luckily snake was fine. Their excuse was I lived in a remoter area. I live 2 minutes outside a major city.

Old 10-22-2004, 03:06 AM   #19
John E Dove
Scott C. Nellis

They had completely thawed and were leaking bodily fluids. I did not dispose of them but put them immediately into the freezer in case Rodent Pro wants proof or wants them returned.
I have sent a second email to Rodent Pro today requesting advice on how to proceed. Still no reply and I am just a little concerned.
John E Dove

Old 10-22-2004, 11:09 AM   #20
Scott Nellis
oh

Oh, ok. Well, like someone else said in this thread, gators will eat them!! Know anyone with gators or caimans that needs some really gamey mice....lol?

Scott Nellis

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!