DHL Lousy Carrier - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shipping

Notices

Shipping Forum for all issues concerning shipping, shipping companies, and anything directly related to moving animals and products via commercial carriers.

Old 10-22-2004, 01:29 PM   #21
ldydrgn
Monitors are like garbage disposals... they'll eat anything and in any condition, LOL

Dang, John, sorry to hear that DHL did that to you. I know Kevin and Kelli are real busy right now. Poor Dean was late coming to my pickup point even though there was a big sign that said "Smith's order to be picked up today!" heh I'm sure they'll get back to you as soon as they get a moment. Their good people.

Old 10-22-2004, 01:35 PM   #22
John E Dove
Lady Dragon and All

Just recieved an email from Rodent Pro proving what a great company they are.
"WE WILL SEND A REPLACEMENT SHIPMENT ON 10-26.KEVIN BRYANT."
Thanks Rodent Pro for being the great supplier you are.

John E Dove

Old 10-22-2004, 04:16 PM   #23
lilroach56
Makes me glad i chose them as my rodent company.

Old 10-22-2004, 09:10 PM   #24
twh49801
AIR SHIPMENTS

FYI.....DHL is a chinese owned company,i choose brown or fedex for all air or ground shipments.have fun!

Old 10-23-2004, 08:01 AM   #25
Gargoyle420
Had horror stories with all shippers.And some good ones.

They all have stuck it to me at least once.The only thing i dont like about DHL is the fact if you live in an apartment they wont walk up to your door.I found my last delivery was delivered without me even knowing it.I checked on the shipping number and found it downstairs sitting upside down by all the mail boxes.I one time caught a fed ex driver shaking the living crap out of my box because he could feel movement.I tore him a new azzhole.
Sure wish more people here would have signed that petition.

Paul Yancick.

Old 10-25-2004, 02:07 PM   #26
turtlepimp
Every shiper has issues with people,weather,mechanical breakdown and the occaisonal deer/racoon.That being said,

Airborne/DHL is the best at:

1.Delivering a 10:30 Express package no later than 4pm.
2.Pointing the "this side up arrow"down.Afterall,thats the direction of hell.
3.Billing the "special handling fee" for anything marked"live harmless animal"

Look,Airborne/DHL is not the best,they just suck less than the rest.

Old 10-25-2004, 03:25 PM   #27
stickyfeet
I have had only 1 experience with dhl, and the shipper told me by 300 pm, the dhl website said by 1030 am, and the dhl phone customer service told me by 1200 pm. The only one that was correct was the shipper since it arrived at 130 in a dirty small van with 2 guys so crammed in there with boxes even in on the dash board. The snake arrived alive, but stressed. I dont see ups or fed ex getting worried like the commerical shows. I think they may even be laughing!
Shawn McVay

Old 10-25-2004, 04:48 PM   #28
Scott Nellis
DHL is a joke...

DHL is a joke!! From the commercials they air, they want you to believe that they're the biggest thing going. Well, maybe in Europe (by the way, I believe DHL is a German owned company, not Mexican...or what ever else a previous person said). I work for UPS....we OWN our own airplanes and airline (so does FedEx), so we don't have to depend on another airline moving the boxes for us. I've been ordering a bunch of baby snakes lately (tis the season...lol) and UPS has been the earliest for deliveries...before 10am!! FedEx is good also, but doesn't get to my house till after 10:30am. I got a DHL shipment ONCE.....came at 1pm....and yeah, the delivery guy was just kinda tossing the package around! When I opened the box, the 6 ball pythons inside were in good condition but pissed as Hell for the bumpy ride...lol! So far...so good...I don't have any horror stories to report about any of the carriers......yet. But, I'd rather use UPS or FedEx. They are MUCH better run companies than DHL. Just my opinion.....

Scott Nellis

Old 11-11-2004, 09:23 AM   #29
jnsreptiles
Thumbs down DHL SUCKS!!!

OK, I placed a mealworm order on Sunday. Monday my order was shipped out 2 day air via DHL. When it did not arrive yesterday, wednesday, I looked it up online. It said a delivery attempt was made at 10:20AM wednesday. OK, I was home all day, as I was expecting several different deliveries, all of which arrived fine, except DHL. Well, I decided to call them today, because there was no notice left on my door, as most carriers leave if you miss them. Well, as I went to the phone to place my call, it rang. It was there office calling me. They never made the delivery attempt yesterday. As the lady on the phone put it, "The driver could not find your house, even your street." and went on to verify my address. Everything was correct. I had to give her directions from the closest major intersection. Ok, come on. I do not live in the country, I live in the city, right in the middle of a neighborhood. No other carriers have had any trouble finding my house. Hell, even Dominos knows how to get here. Anyone with a mapsco can find my address. Anyone with mapquest can find me. Even yahoo maps will get you here. You would think that a driver that makes a living driving would know how to use a map and find their customers. Well, this is my last time using DHL. Luckily this was only a worm order and not a BP morph worth thousands, as it would have surely perished in the cold night temps. The heat pack would have already run out and the poor thing would have died, all do to the fact that DHL can't read maps!!! Anyways, I will spend the extra cash to ship with UPS or Fed Ex from now on. Atleast they have a nice track record with me for ontime deliveries. All I can say to DHL is

Jason Smith

Old 11-11-2004, 10:52 AM   #30
Bringerofdoom
i agree with you guys DHL does suck. i have had 2 computer cases that went through them both times they had came out dented or broke. i know the company who i had ordered through before they switched to dhl for shipping wasnt doing this. so i would assume its dhl slamming box's or tossing them. if they are this rough with computer cases upto 30 lbs, i would hate to see how they treat a 1-5lb package......

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!