DHL Lousy Carrier - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shipping

Notices

Shipping Forum for all issues concerning shipping, shipping companies, and anything directly related to moving animals and products via commercial carriers.

Old 11-11-2004, 01:43 PM   #31
weaf
I read somewhere recently "Most shipping companies do a pretty good job, it's that last mile that matters".

With that in mind, as many if not all of FaunaClassified's users would probably agree, you must train you delivery people or simply avoid them.

Most people seem to prefer FedEx and UPS for most over nights while many people like Delta Dash for large/expensive orders when it comes to reptiles.

Bugs seem to go through USPS.

DHL is just scary as many of my friends that work for both FedEx and UPS have told me that they have seen a lot of people who use to work for their companies. Basically you have 3 types of people working for DHL: New, Ex-Fedex & Ex-UPS Good Employees looking for greener pastures and then you have Ex-FedEx & Ex-UPS Employees that left or were fired because they SUCKED at their job. Its the last group that makes it so scary.

A great example of the last mile:
My USPS is lick clock work showing up at my door step everyday by 9:30am

UPS suprises me all the time showing up way before 8am on 10:30 am drops, all the time. (It did take a one time SCREAM when the guy threw a box of two Panther Chameleons on its side under his arm as he jumped off the truck like it was nothing, that had massive labels all over it stating "LIVE ANIMALS"x2 "HARMLESS"x2 "CHAMELEONS"x1 "FRAGILE"x8 "THIS SIDE UP (with arrows)"x4 Needless to say I think he is afraid of me now. I guess that is what is meant by training (military style).

FedEx (The company I use to trust with all my important stuff) has consitantly damaged packages, holes in my boxes and when it comes to AM drops they either show up really late or simply no show and list my address as "Incorrect" even though I have resorted to large Gold Numbers on my house which is 20 feet from the curb.

DHL...I have not tried, nor do I plan on trying them for anything unless I want it lost or released in to never never land.

If you find a good supplier of a product and they prefer to use a shipper that you have serious issue with, explain your issue and ask if they could use another. Most companies/people will, especially if you have no problem with any additional fees.

We Live...We Learn.
Good Luck

Old 11-11-2004, 06:09 PM   #32
jnsreptiles
Thumbs down The Saga continues!!!!!

Oh my god, I am going to lose it on DHL. Well, after the phone call I got today at 8:05 AM saying the driver could not find our house yesterday, I was told it would be here today. Well, 3:00PM came and still no order. At 8:33 AM, the online tracking said "with courier". Well, when I checked it at 3, it said scheduled for redelivery. I called the office and spoke with the same lady I spoke with earlier. (It is always good to get their name the first time you speak with them!!!) When I told her what was going on, she looked it up. Her exact words were, "Oh man, why are our guys soo stupid." She informed me that the package was still sitting at their office, and was scheduled to be delivered tomorrow. Before I could begin going off, she asked me to hold. A short minute later she came back on the line and told me that the supervisor was bringing it out himself and it would be here within the hour. Well, at 4:30 he finally showed up. No appologies, nothing but a disgusted look on his face, like I was putting him out by asking for my package to be delivered. It took everything I had in me not to hit him. If anyone out there is using DHL as their shipper, I urge you to reconsider. I will never use them again, nor will I order from anyone that ships with them. Like I said in my other post, I would rather pay a higher price to ensure quality service. PLEASE BOYCOTT DHL. THEIR SERVICE SUCKS!!!!!

Jason Smith

Old 11-11-2004, 08:38 PM   #33
serrasalmus
DHL delivered $3500 worth of MY computer parts to a bike store down the street. Apparantly, the driver assumed that since that was his normal drop on S. Beltline Blvd, that MY packages MUST have been going there......... I will never ever ever use any company that uses them again. I have since dealt with companies that use DHL, but have explicitly specified that if they want my money, they will send with either UPS or FEDEX. I've also had DHL leave a "signature required" package containing live fish in 15 degree weather on my front doorstep, without even bothering to ring the doorbell. These separate incidents occurred in different states, separated by 1000 miles. Avoid them like the plague.

Old 11-11-2004, 11:15 PM   #34
Lloyd Heilbrunn
Thumbs down

Yep,today they left my snake delivery on the front stoop despite a large note on the door to them to ring the bell loudly. Luckily it was shaded and I went out to walk the dog.....

Old 12-15-2004, 09:53 PM   #35
hhmoore
DHL recently delivered a package ("live harmless reptiles"), left it at the front door, on a 45 degree day, in the pouring rain. it took a bit to get the point across that I was here waiting for the package, and the driver had left it at somebody else's house (in a nearby town). once they finally grasped that concept, it took 2 1/2 hrs for them to get the box to me.

Old 12-21-2004, 11:48 PM   #36
MGReptiles
Well they really screwed the pooch with me last week. They sent my DH ghost from the breeder to the hub in OH..(im in WV) then sent it to freakin AZ.. Then back to OH and then to me... It was a day late and the poor boa was dead...Awsome looking snake.. IM outraged! Iwill never deal with a breeder that ships with them again!

Old 12-27-2004, 06:09 PM   #37
Ringneck_Man1
Everybody all has such horrible shipping stories, I've never had any of those problems with USPS Priority!!! I feel sorry for all of you people that lost animals through those companies that hire stupid employees.

Michael

http://www.freewebs.com/mikesnake

Old 12-27-2004, 06:15 PM   #38
DAND
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringneck_Man1
Everybody all has such horrible shipping stories, I've never had any of those problems with USPS Priority!!! I feel sorry for all of you people that lost animals through those companies that hire stupid employees.

Michael
You can't 'LEGALLY" ship snakes via USPS. Doing so and getting caught is a Federal Offense. Not to mention it will give the rest of the community a black eye just to save a buck. I would not suggest shipping snakes via USPS.

Old 12-27-2004, 06:19 PM   #39
Ringneck_Man1
I was just saying, shipping through USPS has never been a problem, never a delay or anything like that, I wasn't reccommending someone to go do that.

Michael

http://www.freewebs.com/mikesnake

Old 12-27-2004, 07:54 PM   #40
Ophis
Oh man

Here we go again!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!