Look What The Post Office Did To My Box - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shipping

Notices

Shipping Forum for all issues concerning shipping, shipping companies, and anything directly related to moving animals and products via commercial carriers.

Old 08-23-2006, 06:29 PM   #41
killerpythons

I didnt know about the screen shot thanks for doing that. I am also pretty new to this site, I dont post much at all. Just browse the for sale ads mostly.

Old 08-23-2006, 06:29 PM   #42
John E Dove
Quote:
Originally Posted by killerpythons
That was the only way the lady I bought them from would ship them. I asked her to ship a different way and she didnt want to.
That alone would have been a deal killer with me and she really would have no gripe to support her since anyone in the herping world knows you do not ship USPS.
John E Dove

Old 08-23-2006, 06:31 PM   #43
killerpythons

I figured I won it through there and she garaunteed live arrival, so I would let her go with that if thats how she was comfortable, I personally use DHL. That would have been my carrier of choice. I also paid shipping, so it didnt save her money anyway, that is just how she wanted to do it.

Old 08-23-2006, 06:43 PM   #44
Chameleon Company
John in CO (my old home state) says:
Quote:
That alone would have been a deal killer with me and she really would have no gripe to support her since anyone in the herping world knows you do not ship USPS.
I am not a big fan of USPS, but I've been in the herping world as a breeder for 37 years, and I don't know that !! Additionally, we have another poster in this thread that has had enormous success with USPS, and I know many who use it often and successfully! Rhetorical question, but what's with all these blanket statements by folks I never heard of before speaking for the greater herp community ??

Seems a few folks out there are disappointend it wasn't a different seller

Old 08-23-2006, 06:45 PM   #45
Chameleon Company
Screw the spelling .... I used spell-check too ..... Rich, I want a refund.

Old 08-23-2006, 06:56 PM   #46
christopher66
Why would a shipping company allow one species of reptile to be shipped and not another,ie:lizards ok to ship while snakes are not.
Could that be a cause to some of the confusion about shipping ,people working with different species?
I have not had to ship an animal yet {only receive} so i am unaware of ALL the rules and regulations.

Old 08-23-2006, 07:10 PM   #47
DThomas
Since this thread started out as a shipping issue with USPS destroying a box, this belongs in the shipping forum and as such, has been moved there. Any further discussion regarding the seller needs to take place in a seperate thread on the BOI.

Old 08-23-2006, 07:18 PM   #48
Chameleon Company
Christopher,
There are many reasons snakes are more feared (or worried about) than lizards, etc. For instance, the new movie is not "Lizards on a Plane". So all he phobias you can think of have much to do with it. From a more pragmatic view, snakes are traditionally better escape artists than lizards.

Old 08-23-2006, 07:53 PM   #49
christopher66
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chameleon Company
Christopher,
There are many reasons snakes are more feared (or worried about) than lizards, etc. For instance, the new movie is not "Lizards on a Plane". So all he phobias you can think of have much to do with it. From a more pragmatic view, snakes are traditionally better escape artists than lizards.

Jim, Unfortunately i believe it might just get worse now that that movie is out.I hope it goes to video soon that way its out of the theaters and not in the forfront of peoples minds.
As a shipper wouldn't it make a whole lot of sense to ship in a crush proof box.It may cost a little more to send ,but you'll have increased the odds of the package getting there unharmed.

O/T Jim, went to your web-site ,you have some amazing animals.How many cages are shown in those row banks of cages?
Looks like a top notch facility.With unbelievable production capability.
And with 37 years of experience ,i can understand your authority of knowledge on the reptile business .

chris

Old 08-23-2006, 08:04 PM   #50
Chameleon Company
Chris,
LOL ... forgive me, and thanks for the compliments ! Several mentioned earlier (as did I, naturally ..... LOL at myself), that the actual container could have been better. A link to Superior Enterprise was give for those who do not want to cut their own styrofoam insulation to fit their box. Insulation makes sense no matter the season, and strengthens the box as well.

As a potential seller, and this was pointed out by Exotic Wholesale (forgive me if I got the name wrong), it makes all the sense in the world to get it right the first time. Live animals, happy customers, no BOI thread, etc. That small investment in putting a smile on your customers face is worth the cost many times over. And even if you choose to pass the cost on to the customer, how many are going to blink at $5 spent for a quality shipping container designed to insure their animal's health?

There are still so many people in this business who are "penny wise and pound foolish", where penny and pound refer to British money. On the bright side, it means more opportunity for those who are not !

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!