Look What The Post Office Did To My Box - Page 6 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shipping

Notices

Shipping Forum for all issues concerning shipping, shipping companies, and anything directly related to moving animals and products via commercial carriers.

Old 08-23-2006, 10:11 PM   #51
crotalusadamanteus
I'll stick with DHL and Delta.

But I must say, even after reading this, I would still sooner use USPS than UPS to ship anything. I have had way more unpleasant experiences from the big brown eye than I have ever had with the post office. UPS has left frozen feeders sitting in the sun outside My gate, even though clearly marked "frozen feeders". On more than one occasion. My last thermostat order came on time, but CRUSHED like the package above. Good thing they aren't really squishable.

As pointed out, all carriers have their moments. I just see and here a lot more from UPS.

Did she make good yet? Just curious.

Rick

Old 08-23-2006, 10:16 PM   #52
crotalusadamanteus
Quote:
Originally Posted by killerpythons
I figured I won it through there and she garaunteed live arrival, so I would let her go with that if thats how she was comfortable, I personally use DHL. That would have been my carrier of choice. I also paid shipping, so it didnt save her money anyway, that is just how she wanted to do it.
You know, in the future, get the address of the sender, go to DHL's site, and schedule a pick up at the senders address, and have it delivered to you. Use your account, and cover the cost of shipping yourself. Of course, you'd have to work out the times and details with the sender, but I've done it that way before.

Old 08-23-2006, 10:17 PM   #53
crotalusadamanteus
Meant to say, "you could in the future"

Old 08-23-2006, 10:23 PM   #54
killerpythons

I didnt even think of that, and I wish I had, I dont have an account with them, but I prbably could have set up the pick up with them anyway and just paid. Too late now, but I guess I really learned from experience on this one.

Old 08-23-2006, 10:39 PM   #55
Chameleon Company
Well Sean, since this is now in the "Shipping Forum", there are so many things you can do pro-actively with shipping to minimize risk. Rich's examples are very good ones. With regard to problems where your local delivery person may pull stunts such as Rich described (leaving it at the gate), you may ask the shipper to ship to the local Service Center of the shipper as a "hold for pick-up", thereby eliminating the delivery person on your end (and hot truck) altogether. BTW, in my neck of the woods, UPS is great, and DHL sucks. But its not the companies, rather just the local end-delivery (or pick-up) person that makes all the difference. DHL leaves it 400 feet from the facility at the gate, for fear of the friendliest dog in the county, while UPS comes up and knows exactly where to leave any delivery, pick-up outgoing, and pet the dog ! When in doubt, contact some of us and ask what we would recommend as a solution before you just accept things as is.

Old 08-23-2006, 11:00 PM   #56
killerpythons

Yeah I will have to do that next time, and take all these suggestions and use them for the next time, because this sucks. At this point as long as I get my money back from this lady, Ill be happy, but Im beggining to wonder if I am going to get it. Anyways, I wanted to thank you guys and girls for the help on this, and thanks you for the support. Ill let you know the final outcome.

Old 08-25-2006, 08:34 PM   #57
INSANE CANES
Did you pay with a credit card? If so do a chargeback.

Always used a credit card for Paypal purchases. Because if there isn't any money in the account Paypal can't refund anything. At least this way you usually if not always get your money back.

Good luck

Old 08-25-2006, 09:02 PM   #58
killerpythons
I paid with a balance in my paypal account

Old 08-25-2006, 11:44 PM   #59
DThomas
No more about the deal itself please. If anyone wishes to discuss the deal itself, like I said before, a new thread needs to be started on the BOI. This started as a thread about USPS shipping practices and needs to stay that way. I will have no problem closing and possible deleting this thread if that simple request can not be followed.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!