Refunding shipping costs? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shipping

Notices

Shipping Forum for all issues concerning shipping, shipping companies, and anything directly related to moving animals and products via commercial carriers.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-09-2003, 04:05 AM   #1
Sexy Scales
Refunding shipping costs?

Well, I am in need of opinions... I shipped an animal out via USPS and (shock) it was late. This basically means that I get refunded the $30 (huge box, which is the reason it didn't go via UPS). Since the buyer paid for the gecko and $35 for shipping, should she get the money back?? She hasn't asked and has been quite wonderful about everything, but I just don't know what's fair. I spend more than the $35 between insulated box, heat packs, and I threw in some extra insulating materials since it was going very north. Point of that, if I just cover my costs, I'd be refunding like $20 or so... Just don't know what to do on this one. Like I said, the buyer hasn't asked for any money back and actually told me to make sure I get my money back from USPS, but the whole conscience thing... What would you all do?

Thanks guys,
Erin