Quantity Colubrids (10 snake minimum) - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Classifieds > Snakes For Sale/Wanteds > Other Snakes

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 01-17-2007, 11:40 AM   #1
micah78
Quantity Colubrids (10 snake minimum)

Yellow Tail Cribo (D. Corais Corais) $375
African egg eaters $75
Albino Gopher $70
Trunk/Wart snake babies $110
Glossy $35
Hypo Sonoran Gopher $85
Patchnose $35
Racer $15
Ribbon $15
Western Hognose babies $70

Minimum order is any 10 snakes
Shipping is $40 overnight. Air Cargo can be arranged if you prefer.
  Contact User Check User
Old 01-17-2007, 12:25 PM   #2
christopher66
Anyone considering doing business with this person,should search the
Canadian board of inquiry under the name Micah Richardson.

Have a nice day

Old 01-17-2007, 01:25 PM   #3
micah78
you won't be disappointed

I am an importer/broker.
I do live in Canada, but have an office in New York.

I am seeking to appeal to those who want some animals in small bulk, but do not know any wholesalers.

To all interested parties, give me a chance. The animals are good quality. I've imported from this particular supplier before and they have always sent me good healthy stuff.

You won't be disappointed
  Contact User Check User
Old 01-17-2007, 02:19 PM   #4
Clay Davenport
Quote:
Originally Posted by micah78
I am an importer/broker.
According to many of your ads you're not an importer at all, you're just a drop shipper who never actually sees the animals you are selling. You're just tacking on a profit to someone else's work and playing middleman. I guess this is why you don't return any emails from people wanting to pick up their animals in person.
Do you actually have any reptiles in your possession for sale? I'm betting not.

Several of the animals you are offering can be obtained for the same price or less directly from a breeder. Why should we have to buy a minimum of 10 snakes and pay a premium to you to have them drop shipped to us, when we can buy a pair for the same price or less direct from a breeder?

This is all aside from the fact I have little to no respect for someone selling imported animals in quantity when they are commonly bred in captivity.
Unless I'm very wrong about your business practices, you fall under the category of what I refer to as a parasite on the hobby, someone trying to make money with no personal investment whatsoever.

As was mentioned, prospective buyers might want to check the Canadian BOI, here's a link:
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...ad.php?t=86896

Old 01-18-2007, 12:57 AM   #5
mcgrath5860
An oportunist?

You guys that oppose this person and what he is doing is not outside the guidelines of this forum. Although I don't support what he does, he falls within the guidelines of the forum. He is offering a product out there that some people maybe interested in. Although he doesn't have the snakes I need there maybe some pet stores or dealers that do. How quick we are to judge others. Mr. Davenport your comeents are to strong in your convictions. Why is what he is trying to do any different than pet stores or Walmart? I am sure you may have sold some of you snakes to pet stores or outlet not knowing the intended owners. We have never met but I do know you offer some quality snakes and I repect that. Capitalism allows people like Mr. Richardson to "capitalize" on. We can't stop things like that or the "mom and pop" store would not be run out of business by Walmart, Pet Co., etc. One piece of advice to Mr. Richardson though make sure you check the local laws before you ship. Western Hognose snakes are illegal in some parts and the authorities don't take to kindly to that.

Old 01-18-2007, 01:45 AM   #6
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgrath5860
You guys that oppose this person and what he is doing is not outside the guidelines of this forum. Although I don't support what he does, he falls within the guidelines of the forum. He is offering a product out there that some people maybe interested in. Although he doesn't have the snakes I need there maybe some pet stores or dealers that do. How quick we are to judge others. Mr. Davenport your comeents are to strong in your convictions. Why is what he is trying to do any different than pet stores or Walmart? I am sure you may have sold some of you snakes to pet stores or outlet not knowing the intended owners. We have never met but I do know you offer some quality snakes and I repect that. Capitalism allows people like Mr. Richardson to "capitalize" on. We can't stop things like that or the "mom and pop" store would not be run out of business by Walmart, Pet Co., etc. One piece of advice to Mr. Richardson though make sure you check the local laws before you ship. Western Hognose snakes are illegal in some parts and the authorities don't take to kindly to that.
Maybe so, but any future customers should know that he has buyers still waiting on his animals. At the very least he seems to have poor communication skills.
Quote:
I also paid for some goliath frogs and he keeps telling me that he will get them later next week, when it gets next week, he says next week and so on. I have his email, bank account info, phone no., and address. lets see if he is honest or not.
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...ad.php?t=86896

Old 01-18-2007, 02:29 AM   #7
mcgrath5860
Take Care of Business

Mr. Richardson I am not aware of the previous threads on you but I do support you in trying to push a product. Now my advice to you is to take care of old business before starting new. These people counted on you to produce a product that you stated you would do. Internet business is only as good as a person's word. Frankly I am not sure yours is to good right now. So take the time to make these people who you promised things to, happy. We all either purchase or sell products here. As a whole people believe there are to many scammers on the internet. That hurts everyone of us including me. SO MAKE THINGS RIGHT. Adding respect to this business is the point of this forum. If you want to continue to do business here you need to keep that in mind instead of the bottom line. OOps got to go. Got to get reaady for my sunday sermon on religious ethics. Maybe i mixed these two up. ( I am kidding of course I am no preacher and satan was no snake).

Old 01-18-2007, 03:19 AM   #8
Clay Davenport
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgrath5860
Why is what he is trying to do any different than pet stores or Walmart? I am sure you may have sold some of you snakes to pet stores or outlet not knowing the intended owners.
I really see no similarity between what he is doing and how a pet store does business.
If you went to a pet store and asked for a specific animal, then they in turn took your money and sent you to a completely different store not owned by them to pick it up, that would be a similar situation. Especially when you saw that that store had them priced 10% less than the store you "bought" them from.
He's trying to play middleman without ever having to lay eyes on the product. You place an order with him, and pay him, he in turn calls someone else who has the animal and has them ship it to you.
How can you feel comfortable about the quality of an animal you're buying when the person who's selling it to you hasn't seen it nor ever will see it.

If he were buying clutches of these animals himself, then reselling them, that's what a pet store does and that is just capitalization, and there would be no issue. If that was what he is doing, there would also be no issue with these people who are still waiting on what they have purchased, because he would have had it in his possession at the time of the sale.
All he is doing is basically charging the buyer a fee to set up the shipping of the animal to them.
You may feel my comments were to strongly worded, but I stand by them, this type of "business" practice is parasitic in nature and that's basically the role he is taking in the business.

As far as my selling animals to pet stores without knowing the intended owners, yes I have done that, but I don't see any relevance in that to this situation. I sold animals I had personally to a pet store. They were then the physical owners of those animals and in turn sold them directly to their customers. My not knowing who the eventual owner was has nothing to do with it since I am not selling that person a snake. The pet store was MY customer, not the eventual owner.

Old 01-19-2007, 01:20 AM   #9
mcgrath5860
agree and disagree

Clay I have great respect for your product and your website is one of the better ones around without a doubt. I also noted that it is sponsored by Petsmart. Well you and I both know that buying reptiles from these chains stores leads to a lesser product (snakes farms etc). Although you call Mr. Richardson a parasite how can you justify being sponsored by a store that most of us breeders frown upon. Then you stand on your high horse and question someone else's practices. I don't support Mr. Richardson in what he is doing. I have since learned some of his practices aren't the best but I can't jump down his throat either because what he is doing is within the guidelines of this forum. There is a population of buyers that need this just like the person who goes into Petsmart. I won't do that either but I won't criticize you for having their support. I don't agree with it but you are making ends meet just like the rest of us. I don't want to get into a pissing match with you because of differing opinions but I won't stand back and allow you or anyone else for hounding a person who has found a niche in our world. If you don't like his actions, don't support him. Has he wronged you in anyway????

Old 01-19-2007, 01:36 AM   #10
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
Clay I have great respect for your product and your website is one of the better ones around without a doubt. I also noted that it is sponsored by Petsmart.
I believe this statement is incorrect.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread