Chinese coronavirus - Page 84 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
 Sponsors   Breeders | Dealers |  Importers/Exporters | Caging | Feed | Supplies | Services | Events 
  Inside FaunaClassifieds  Product Reviews |  Classifieds!   | Photo Gallery   | Banner Advertising 

YES! You can option out of the Google and InfoLinks ads! Click here!

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > Preparedness & Self-Reliance Forum

Notices

Preparedness & Self-Reliance Forum Survivalism, Livestock, Preparedness, Self Reliant Homesteading, Individual Liberty

Old 06-15-2021, 03:09 PM   #831
JColt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Insomniac101 View Post
My husband had these symptoms after his second dose, as well. His were quite severe, and lasted about 36 hours. At one point, I was debating taking him to the ER, but figured that there wasn't much they would do, other than administer acetaminophen for the fever, and maybe an anti-anxiety drug.
I woke up on Wednesday morning feeling cruddy but not too bad. By noon I didn't think I'd make the 25 mile drive home. I slept a lot but by late Thursday morning I was fine. So mine lasted about 24 hours. Wasn't fun for sure. Glad your husband recovered.

Old 06-15-2021, 04:10 PM   #832
AbsoluteApril
I'm so sorry to hear about your mom Kathleen, I know you were doing what you could to be able to see her again.
Please accept my condolences.

Old 06-15-2021, 04:45 PM   #833
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by Insomniac101 View Post
My mom died between my first and second doses
I am sorry to hear about her passing.

Old 06-15-2021, 11:01 PM   #834
Helenthereef
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post
Glad to hear that there were no side effects.

Out of curiosity, now that you and yours have gotten the vaccine, do you now feel uncomfortable around unvaccinated people or avoid them when possible?
Not really.
We are still wearing masks and maintaining social distance as we were before, as being vaccinated does not mean we cannot contract or spread the virus, it just vastly reduces the likelihood of progressing towards the worst form of the disease and being hospitalised.
Consequently I'm still very aware of not wanting to spread it to others who are not vaccinated.

Old 06-15-2021, 11:05 PM   #835
Helenthereef
Kathleen, so sorry to hear about your mother. It must be even harder than normal to lose a loved one when travel and visitation is so limited.

Old 06-16-2021, 02:30 AM   #836
Helenthereef
Just for fun, this is what the vaccination programme looks like where I live...
(Note: first photo taken when the vaccination started but we didn't have any active cases, so there was no requirement for masking. We have since had an outbreak and currently have to wear masks any time out in public)
Attached Images

Old 06-16-2021, 11:33 AM   #837
Insomniac101
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsoluteApril View Post
I'm so sorry to hear about your mom Kathleen, I know you were doing what you could to be able to see her again.
Please accept my condolences.
Thank you April. I fully understand now, what many people went through, being unable to visit their family members in quarantined facilities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
I am sorry to hear about her passing.
Thanks Lucille.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helenthereef View Post
Kathleen, so sorry to hear about your mother. It must be even harder than normal to lose a loved one when travel and visitation is so limited.
Thanks Helen. Yes, it was much more stressful with all the Covid protocols in place.

Old 06-16-2021, 01:05 PM   #838
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post
Good article. I thought I had enough misery for the year when I got Covid, but the week before and after my recent diagnosis of diabetes was horrible. I am feeling better with prescribed medication, but it certainly wasn't a risk I expected. I wonder what else is in store.

Old 06-20-2021, 12:50 AM   #839
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
Good article. I thought I had enough misery for the year when I got Covid, but the week before and after my recent diagnosis of diabetes was horrible. I am feeling better with prescribed medication, but it certainly wasn't a risk I expected. I wonder what else is in store.
When did your symptoms of diabetes actually first show up?

Old 06-20-2021, 03:11 PM   #840
Lucille
It's hard to tell. Many symptoms aren't exclusive to diabetes- being tired, drinking more water, (in Texas in the summer, everyone drinks a lot of water)etc. But after the Covid and after the vax a few weeks later I started feeling bad and when I woke up at night just to get some water I knew that's what I had, I ordered a glucometer from Amazon and my high glucose confirmed it, and then the lab tests when I went in confirmed it.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!