Things I hate... - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > SOUND OFF!!!

Notices

SOUND OFF!!! Ever have something REALLY bugging you and nowhere to vent about it? Well, this is the place. It does not have to be fauna oriented at all! Get it off your chest right here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-26-2022, 08:20 PM   #1
WebSlave
Things I hate...

I'll start this off with a letter I got yesterday. From the IRS.

Well, they are claiming they did not get a return from me for 2020. Curiously enough they are indicating that I have a tax account credit in exactly the amount of the check that was attached to that aforementioned return. We also have a copy of the cancelled check showing they certainly deposited that check attached to that return. Now how do you suppose they came to the conclusion that we did not SEND IN that return?

And this is also besides the point that we sent in our return via USPS CERTIFIED MAIL, and have a signed receipt for the return by the IRS.

Again, did we REALLY not send in that return, or do you think there is the tiniest little bit of chance that perhaps the IRS just LOST it?

So they want me to send them another copy. Yeah, I have to print it out, stuff it all in an envelope, attach explanations of why there is no check attached to this LATE return, pay for CERTIFIED MAIL AGAIN just knowing that this will get royally screwed up. Besides the fact that neither Connie nor I really want to have to run into the post office during their normal business hours with this omicron version of COVID running around.

Perhaps I will just send them copies of the cancelled check and the CERTIFIED MAIL receipt and as gently as I can, suggest that they just FIND that return of ours that they obviously LOST.

Anyway....... Is the whole damned world just going insane?