Things I hate.... - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > SOUND OFF!!!

Notices

SOUND OFF!!! Ever have something REALLY bugging you and nowhere to vent about it? Well, this is the place. It does not have to be fauna oriented at all! Get it off your chest right here.

Old 12-26-2013, 07:06 PM   #1
WebSlave
Things I hate....

Today, it's Ebay. I'm trying to buy some tools off of Ebay from a single seller using the shopping cart. This dumb piece of software just totals up the shipping charge on all of these small items. Seven (7) items total and they are showing a shipping charge of $91.00. Yeah, right.... But wait! They have a button saying "Request a total price from seller"! Yeah, that should get them to combine shipping so it is more reasonable, shouldn't it?

Well, you would think. However, when you click on that button, you get a notice that says:
Quote:
You must commit to purchase these items before requesting a total price.

To request a total for this purchase, you must first commit to buy all the items included in this order.

You can still uncheck items if you do not want to commit to them or do not want to include them in this request.

Remember, you are already committed to buy items that you have won in auctions or through best offer.
Yeah, right...... Well suppose they just say that this is the shipping charge, and tough luck. I won't want to BUY these items with that shipping charge attached, but I have COMMITTED to buying them. So why even HAVE that button where it is located in the shopping cart page anyway?

Nuts, I tell you, just plain nuts.

Old 12-26-2013, 08:24 PM   #2
sschind
I haven't been on Ebay in a couple of years. I hate to think what I will find if I ever decide to go back.

Old 05-28-2014, 04:53 PM   #3
Hustle
That's nuts, Rich. I'd NEVER commit to a purchase before I saw the price. That seems fishy/scammy/and almost illegal?

Things I hate....

The last couple hours of work before vacation
Not having cash when you really want a candy bar at work
.. whelp .. that about sums it up.

Life really isn't too bad lol!

Old 05-28-2014, 05:57 PM   #4
WebSlave
Adding to the list of things I hate....

YELLOW FLIES!

Basically teeth on wings that will first aggravate you to death by buzzing all around your head before find the perfect spot (for them) to land and take a chunk out of you where you can't easily defend yourself from.

If I had a button to make them extinct....... <click>. Time elapsed: one heartbeat.

Old 06-02-2014, 12:37 AM   #5
WebSlave
Oh yeah, I really, really, REALLY hate yellow flies!

They've gotten WORSE!

They are biting the crap out of Connie and I whenever we venture outside. Got four Mosquito Magnets set up and they are doing a number on the population, but their are a LOT of them out there, apparently. Never seen them this bad before....

http://entnemdept.ufl.edu/creatures/...yellow_fly.htm
Attached Images

Old 06-02-2014, 12:52 AM   #6
RDLinATL
Hopefully they don't make their way up to north ga. The tick problem is huge this year. Already pulled 6 off me so far. Last thing I need are biting flies...

Old 06-02-2014, 09:56 PM   #7
JColt
I remember those when I lived in Florida. Back in late 60's and early 70's Orlando was infested with them.

Old 06-02-2014, 11:43 PM   #8
WebSlave
This is the worst year I've seen for them since I've been living here. This evening I was checking the mosquito magnet in front of the house and when I saw the number of yellow flies on and around the magnet, I just ran for the house. I jumped through the doorway and slammed the front door shut behind me and watched at least a dozen of them bounce off the window insert in the door trying to get inside at me.

Lord only knows how much worse it would be if those magnets weren't killing a BUNCH of those flies. I am NOT looking forward to changing out those filled catch bags in the traps! But dammit, it's going to have to be done.

Old 06-03-2014, 02:32 AM   #9
LauraB
OK, I can't speak to the yellow flies here where I am in GA, because I don't really know what bites/stings the hell out of me whenever I am outside my car, my house or in my yard. All I know is, it's really worse this spring & early summer, and it doesn't matter because I can stand right next to another person and I will be the one that the biting, stinging gnats, flies, mosquitoes will be attracted to. The person next to me will not be the bug magnet.

I had to wash my car this past weekend. It had to go to the shop for repair and I was embarrassed it was so dirty

While I was washing it, I kept getting bit/stung by miniscule flying insects. Nothing unusual about that, but then I got so annoyed, I actually started paying more attention to the 20-30 tiny little blood-suckers flocking like birds around me. I would bat them away, they would retreat exactly like a flock and then return. Only then did I notice they had red heads. I tried to snatch them repeatedly to look closer, but they were so fast, the 3 or 4 I did catch flew off when I opened my hand to take a closer look.

I've never seen red-headed blood-suckers here. Anybody have a clue what kind of gnat, fly, mosquito or whatever they might be? Everything else about them was black or dark gray, totally unremarkable. Only their heads were a pronounced red. I got no clue, but I am curious, especially since they hovered and moved exactly like a flock/swarm/school when disturbed.

Old 06-03-2014, 03:54 AM   #10
RDLinATL
The only thing I could think of would be fruit flies or small house flies. They swam, have pronounced red eyes and are attracted to co2. They don't suck blood but they could of been testing if your were a piece of fruit lol. I can't imagine they are very smart.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!