Close call!!! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 11-17-2012, 11:56 AM   #1
phoenix-cry
Close call!!!

I have NO idea how it happened but the freezer where I keep my frozen rats and mice got UNPLUGGED!!! Ack!!! I have about 100 pounds of dead rat in there. I went down to get some rats to feed the snakes today and noticed that it was only about as cold as a refrigerator in there (which is why I think it happened last night). I hunted the cord down and found it unplugged. It's in the basement in a tough spot to get to so I'm not sure how it got unplugged. Needless to say if I had waited a few more days to feed the snakes (or sometimes it's a full week) I would have a VERY disgusting task on my hands!!

Ugh. This happened to a taxidermy friend of mine except it took him two weeks to figure out that the bad odor was coming from the rotting bobcat (which was liquid at that point) in the downstairs freezer. Puke.

Anyone out there have some 'crime scene' clean up stories?

Old 11-17-2012, 12:27 PM   #2
Pythonbreeder99
Last year I left on a 2 week vacation to SC and one week into it my stepmother came home and decided we didn't need the downstairs freezer to be plugged in (I have no idea why that thought came to her) but she unplugged it and went to her girlfriends house for the rest of the week until me and my father returned. We walked in and it smelled a tad funky upstairs but we couldnt pin it, I opened the basement door and got smacked in the face by the smell of death I would need to hold my breath, run downstairs, grab one bag of rats at a time and run upstairs throw them outside then breathe. I did that about 8 times then began the week long task of detoxifying the basement with a S**t-ton of Lysol and Fabreeze. That was by far the worst experience I've had, once in a blue moon I'll forget to put the rats back in the freezer but I usually remember before it's too late! But that whole incident was blamed on me by the fact "if you didn't have those damn rats in there this wouldn't have happened!"

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!