Bad Guy jungle bob - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-14-2010, 05:33 PM   #1
CLREPTILES
Wink jungle bob

Jungle Bob is a embarassment to the herpers' world.
While his motto that "reptiles don't need to eat more than once a week" is true in some cases, I found out that if an employee of his feeds out too much, they are docked pay. They feed five crickets a tank and even if there are 10 lizards, they still get 5 crickets, once a week. Every time I have visited the store, there are dead animals and it smells like dirty rodents. Also, the information that he gives to customers is very wrong and he scams customers, too. He told a customer that if they didn't buy a $250 light unit with a timer, their turtle could get shell cancer from over-exposure to the bulbs. He only is interested in making his pockets full and doesn't care about how he does it. Also, his store employees are very inappropriate with customers. The employees use foul language and speak condescendingly to customers. In addition, I recently found out that he sends his secretary into other stores to pose as a customer. He gets "dirt" on the other store so he can inform the DEC. Ironically, he has been fined by the DEC in the past. Recently, he started working with Reptile Guru and at the last show just had sickly-looking animals.
I don't make a habit out of bad-mouthing people, but if you, after years of calling yourself an expert, screw people time and time again, you should get screwed in return.

Old 05-14-2010, 06:06 PM   #2
Utta
Do you have any proof of these claims? Or is it just "hear-say"? Have you made him aware of this thread? What was the "final straw" that made you finally post this? Seems like you frequent this store often, any pics?

Old 05-14-2010, 06:20 PM   #3
crotalusadamanteus
Yeah, it's pretty customary around here to bring your proof to the table before making claims like that against a business. In this case, pictures would probably be best.

For all we know, you tried to rip something off, got caught, and are now here to smear him because you suffered a little embarrassment.

Not saying that's the case here, but things like this have happened before, so it's best to bring your proof when you make the claim.

Old 05-14-2010, 08:24 PM   #4
CLREPTILES
The only proof i have is I have a reputable name in new york. I was the one who caught his secratary spying in another store under a false name. I also purchased a 3 year old leachie from him at 42 grams cause i felt bad 6 months later it now ways 101. I have no reason to lie i do not steal. I have been in this industry for a long time. you can take what i said for what ever you want. Just putting it out on the table of what i know to be true.

Old 05-14-2010, 08:28 PM   #5
Southern Wolf
No offense meant... but this is not NY... and we dont know you... therefore we ask for proof.

Old 05-14-2010, 08:39 PM   #6
CLREPTILES
The proof you want is hard to prove a dirty store or bad employees or lying to people. Call his store and ask about shell cancer if you want. He will tell you to buy a 250$ light with a timmer. He was also kicked out of his last store in riverhead ny under the name fauna. Tickets for illegal turtles and snakes and alligators from the dec was the last thing i saw about 8 months ago maybe you could look up something on that.

Old 05-14-2010, 09:48 PM   #7
crotalusadamanteus
You don't have a camera phone?

See, we aren't the ones making the claims, you are. So the burden of proof lays on you. We encourage the heads up posts, but you need to back your claims. It's the way the BOI works.

Old 05-14-2010, 10:04 PM   #8
CLREPTILES
I will try to get some proof for you then.

Old 05-15-2010, 05:13 AM   #9
dturner100
I'm not trying to be rude, just trying to clarify something. The biggest reason proof is needed is because "hear say" really means nothing without knowing the actual situation. There's a good chance that you have a personal grudge with the own/operator of the pet shop you're referring to, and have now decided to trash his/her reputation.

Also something I'm wondering about this situation: Do you happen to work for, or own a competing pet shop in the area? Or maybe an ex-employee?

So far you've made reference to his business practices, animal husbandry, etc, but have not said whether or not you've done business with him. Are you the "customer" that he tried to convince to purchase the $250 lighting system? If not how do you know this?

Sorry if this is coming off as rude, but I'm just pointing out how vague the information is. If I tell you that I found a finger in my chili at "Wendy's", you'd want to see the finger, and the bowl of chili. Otherwise it's just a rumor.

A lot of this information would help.

Old 05-15-2010, 08:14 AM   #10
DAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by CLREPTILES View Post
The only proof i have is I have a reputable name in new york.
I'm not trying to bust your balls but the above would hold more water if the claim was being made by someone other than yourself.

Quote:
I was the one who caught his secratary spying in another store under a false name. I also purchased a 3 year old leachie from him at 42 grams cause i felt bad 6 months later it now ways 101. I have no reason to lie i do not steal. I have been in this industry for a long time. you can take what i said for what ever you want. Just putting it out on the table of what i know to be true.
Now if you had taken pictures when you purchased the animal 6 months ago you would have had a little more to go on then just telling us about it. You've been a member here for what looks like 6 months and this is the first you are saying anything about this.

And if he is running such a horrid store why do you continue to go there and purchase things from him? Every dime you would put into the hands of someone who is running a store in the condition you are claiming he has is just enabling him to remain in business.

You would have been better off taking pics of the sick animal(s) and reporting it and or posted the information here versus buying the animal and perpetuating the cycle. Being in the industry as long as you have claimed to have been you should know this already.

Quote:
The proof you want is hard to prove a dirty store or bad employees or lying to people. Call his store and ask about shell cancer if you want. He will tell you to buy a 250$ light with a timmer. He was also kicked out of his last store in riverhead ny under the name fauna. Tickets for illegal turtles and snakes and alligators from the dec was the last thing i saw about 8 months ago maybe you could look up something on that.

Or maybe you could (should) look up something on that.

Also, you may want to provide us more information, like his full name, the name of his store, the location (address) of the store, etc... The reason I am saying this is and what prompted me to reply is because "Jungle Bob" may mean something to you and those in your general location but to those of us who are not from your area have no idea who you are talking about.

I know of a Jungle Bob locally around here in my area and is one of the main reasons I even replied here today.

Also, you may want to inform him of this thread (if you haven't done so already) so he can respond to your allegations (sometimes that would provide more proof then you could ever hope to provide)

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
jungle