Bad Guy jungle bob - Page 6 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-17-2010, 03:16 AM   #51
dturner100
Wow aschnell. I've got to say that you sound WAY to emotionally involved for somebody that's literally all the way across the country from both the op, and the accused.

It's funny how you see an complaint thread on one site, and you refer him to here expecting some reaction, but when nothing explosive happens you come here to defend some actions that you yourself are in NO WAY witness to.

The op has still provided NO PROOF on this board or the repashy forums. He has some pics of a gecko that could have come from anywhere. He's shown no documents proving where he bought it, and no pictures backing his allegations of unhealthy animals AT Jungle Bob's store.

Also as mentioned by Dean "The burden of proof lies with the accuser". This means in this country you should know that when somebody is charged with wrong doing the accuser must prove that the wrong doing really happened. Otherwise it would be "Guilty until you can prove yourself innocent.". Nope, doesn't go that way.

Also what in the world does your experience, the ops experience, or Bob's stores experience level with that particular gecko have to do with the original allegations posted about Jungle Bob's store. Please tell me that that gecko isn't a turtle in disguise that has shell cancer. But wait could that "extremely rare", difficult to care for as you put it gecko require the expensive lighting that was allegedly recommended by Bob? Who knows because neither you or the op have made ANY BIT OF SENSE on this thread or the other. With every bad attitude post you two make you seem less and less credible. Maybe if you two acted a little more like adults with any of your posts they'd hold water.

As of yet I've never done business with Bob's Jungle so I can't label him a "Good Guy" yet, but I plan to take my 10% discount to his site this week, and purchase something so we can put this all to rest. I hope a dozen or more people will do the same. Then we'll see what kind of shop Bob really runs. Funny because typically even the goofiest bad guy threads ward me from business with a seller, but this one's seemed like a joke from the start.

Sorry if I've gotten a little hot with this one, but this is silly. Either post proof or don't bother coming here to offend people telling us our experience with reptiles. You live over 900 miles from me, and thousands of miles from the op so your side of the story is even MORE USELESS than the ops without some form of PROOF. Anybody getting sick of that word?

Old 05-17-2010, 03:20 AM   #52
aschnell
Re: Objectivity please

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrictlyExotics View Post
He should provide to proof for what? The OP stated his case and so did Jungle Bob. If there was actual evidence, I am sure you would see all of us asking Bob to provide his proof otherwise.

As for the verbal "defacing" I cant see where saying someones actions are like a 5 yr old is defacing anyone. Its insulting, but not defacing. What threats are you speaking of? The "accusation" as you take it was an open-ended assumption, not a direct accusation. The only accusation here is the fact that this thread was created.

As with any accusation, I am sure that Jungle Bob and the OP realize that there are consequences anytime a false accusation is made. If I made an accusation in the field I worked in, I had better have had proof or I would have been sued many many times.
It's defacing to Jungle Bob and insulting to Chris. You don't think people lose face by acting like a 5 year old?

And sure, it wasn't a threat, it was only an open-ended assumption, but it was a basically a threat phrased in a manner that made it appropriate for use on this site.

Old 05-17-2010, 03:29 AM   #53
aschnell
Quote:
Originally Posted by dturner100 View Post
Wow aschnell. I've got to say that you sound WAY to emotionally involved for somebody that's literally all the way across the country from both the op, and the accused.

It's funny how you see an complaint thread on one site, and you refer him to here expecting some reaction, but when nothing explosive happens you come here to defend some actions that you yourself are in NO WAY witness to.

The op has still provided NO PROOF on this board or the repashy forums. He has some pics of a gecko that could have come from anywhere. He's shown no documents proving where he bought it, and no pictures backing his allegations of unhealthy animals AT Jungle Bob's store.

Also as mentioned by Dean "The burden of proof lies with the accuser". This means in this country you should know that when somebody is charged with wrong doing the accuser must prove that the wrong doing really happened. Otherwise it would be "Guilty until you can prove yourself innocent.". Nope, doesn't go that way.
I agree with all of that. And I didn't post to defend anyone or to get a reaction, just to keep people and their opinions objective. That is why I'm here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dturner100 View Post
Also what in the world does your experience, the ops experience, or Bob's stores experience level with that particular gecko have to do with the original allegations posted about Jungle Bob's store. Please tell me that that gecko isn't a turtle in disguise that has shell cancer. But wait could that "extremely rare", difficult to care for as you put it gecko require the expensive lighting that was allegedly recommended by Bob? Who knows because neither you or the op have made ANY BIT OF SENSE on this thread or the other. With every bad attitude post you two make you seem less and less credible. Maybe if you two acted a little more like adults with any of your posts they'd hold water.

As of yet I've never done business with Bob's Jungle so I can't label him a "Good Guy" yet, but I plan to take my 10% discount to his site this week, and purchase something so we can put this all to rest. I hope a dozen or more people will do the same. Then we'll see what kind of shop Bob really runs. Funny because typically even the goofiest bad guy threads ward me from business with a seller, but this one's seemed like a joke from the start.

Sorry if I've gotten a little hot with this one, but this is silly. Either post proof or don't bother coming here to offend people telling us our experience with reptiles. You live over 900 miles from me, and thousands of miles from the op so your side of the story is even MORE USELESS than the ops without some form of PROOF. Anybody getting sick of that word?
Sure, go visit the store. It's not going to be the same as when Chris first went in, so you can come back and say the store is quite dandy now, but that says nothing about how it has been run in the past. Have fun.

I'm sorry you feel like I make no sense. I have stated my arguments and purpose in a very clear manner, but if you cannot understand either of those, please go back and re-read and try to "make sense" of what I say.

Have a nice night, you all have really tired me out, I'm going to bed.

Old 05-17-2010, 03:43 AM   #54
StrictlyExotics
You make no sense. Practice what you preach and be objective yourself. I am sorry but calling someone a 5yr old versus stating that a business outright lies, is in deplorable condition, cheats employees out of their pay, et al... truly is a tad different. One "could" be sued for their statements while the "other" comment would garner only laughter.

What is the definition of threat to you that making a comment would constitute a threat. Hell, he (Jungle Bob) didnt even outright accuse him of stealing the lizard. He simply asked if he had any ideas regarding the missing lizard.

The sad thing here is you think we are the ones biased yet, you have stated many cases in point as to how you are. I am sure if you look at this objectively, you can see the many points that have been made in this thread by EVERYONE other then the OP himself.

Old 05-17-2010, 03:45 AM   #55
StrictlyExotics
Quote:
Originally Posted by aschnell View Post
Sure, go visit the store. It's not going to be the same as when Chris first went in, so you can come back and say the store is quite dandy now, but that says nothing about how it has been run in the past.
Again, how would anyone know as there has been no evidence to prove otherwise.

Old 05-17-2010, 04:16 AM   #56
dturner100
As this is the BOI I can't go back, and delete my last post, but I'd like to apologize for being so obtuse.

I understand wanting to defend an online friend who's presented an emotion gathering story that could or could not be true.

I guess my point is pretty much like everybody else that it's just not alright to go on with allegations that just aren't backed with any evidence.

You're right. The op does have in his possession a gecko that wasn't in great shape, but now seems to be doing better since in his care. But before you can accuse a business of such wrong doings you should put together some kind of case. Otherwise the op just makes himself to look like as Jungle Bob stated a disgruntle ex-employee.

Anyway Andrew, I apologize for coming off the way I did. I could have found a nicer way to say what I had to say.

Old 05-17-2010, 06:51 AM   #57
CLREPTILES
His name is bob smith and his store is in centereach ny. He is the former awner of fauna magazine and the former owner of fauna reptiles of riverhead ny. All buisness were shut down.

Old 05-17-2010, 06:52 AM   #58
CLREPTILES
i will also go in and take pics this week on friday its my only day off.

Old 05-17-2010, 07:29 AM   #59
crotalusadamanteus
Try to understand Chris, that we've had many claims similar to yours, where an ex-employee had a grudge to settle, and brought their made up claims here, and we watched all the allegations turn out to be false in the end. That's why we're scrutinizing your story.

I should ask, did you in fact work for Bob? Was there a falling out of sorts? Can you see where that might lend a certain amount of skepticism to things? By leaving that info out of your original post, it makes it seem as if you're hiding something. You're not providing ALL the circumstances involved with the claim. You can't leave bits and pieces out of the story, or it'll make it look like you aren't being completely truthful.

Just get your proof and present it here. We'll expect the same from Bob. Not all of us are retards. Some of us are only partially retarded, but smart enough to know when someone is dodging, or not being completely truthful.

Think of it like this. If it was a court case, and you showed up with just the gecko as your proof...you think you'd win the case?

Old 05-17-2010, 07:53 AM   #60
kmurphy
Quote:
Originally Posted by CLREPTILES View Post
His name is bob smith and his store is in centereach ny. He is the former awner of fauna magazine and the former owner of fauna reptiles of riverhead ny. All buisness were shut down.
Chris if you're going to keep making accusations then you need to provide proof. Shut down by whom.

Did you mean these businesses are now closed? "Shut down" gives the impression that regulators came in and closed these businesses.

I doubt that they were shut down but I would for you to correct your statement.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
jungle