vita-bugs® ? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Feed, Caging, Supplies & Services

Notices

Feed, Caging, Supplies & Services Discussions concerning the feeding requirements of any of our critters, the cages they need to live in while in our care, and all of the supplies and services needed to do this right.

Old 03-14-2016, 12:19 PM   #1
JButera
vita-bugs® ?

Anyone have any experience using vita-bugs® feeders? BHB did a nice write up on the subject but curious what others think. https://www.timberlinefisheries.com/...s.asp?cat=1942

Old 03-14-2016, 06:43 PM   #2
Reptiles 101
Iv used them before my lizards loved them but there expensive compared to regular crickets so i dont use them any more

Old 03-14-2016, 08:45 PM   #3
JButera
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reptiles 101 View Post
Iv used them before my lizards loved them but there expensive compared to regular crickets so i dont use them any more
Thanks for the input but did you notice any noticeable changes while feeding vita-bugs® crickets i.e. color, behavior etc?

Old 03-15-2016, 12:47 AM   #4
Reptiles 101
No not realy. I have started using red runner roaches and i have had a lot better feeding response. I was feeding the vitabugs to bearded dragons and they eat everything. I talked with the one of the guys that works for timberline and he told me you dont even need to vitamin dust the crickets so if you dont want to dust your crickets it sounds Like the thing to get

Old 08-26-2016, 05:48 AM   #5
_Lucian_
I've used them. Really expensive for the amount you get. Can't mail in bugs where I live though so I bought all mine from a petstore and then just started breeding them.

Old 08-26-2016, 10:04 AM   #6
JButera
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Lucian_ View Post
I've used them. Really expensive for the amount you get. Can't mail in bugs where I live though so I bought all mine from a pet store and then just started breeding them.
What makes a vita-bug a vita-bug is what it ate while being reared. I'm thinking a vita-bugs' offspring fed regular feed would be a garden-variety pet store feeder.

Old 08-26-2016, 12:47 PM   #7
Reptiles 101
Here is a link on them. http://timberlinefresh.com/learn/ins...is-a-vita-bug/

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!