Inquiry- Pacific Coast Reptiles - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-05-2003, 11:37 PM   #1
coma white
Inquiry- Pacific Coast Reptiles

I'm inquiring about Pacific Coast Reptiles. They have an ad on another site for a couple of b-grade blue tegus. These tegus have minor beauty flaws, and since I just want a pet and not a breeder, I was previously searching for an aesthetically(sp?) flawed tegu. Before I contact them, I would like to know their reputation. Thank you!

Kylie Ghim

Old 10-06-2003, 03:56 AM   #2
Mike Greathouse
I have not had any personal dealings with Pacific Coast Reptiles, but a search here on the BOI for them produced a couple of threads. Here is the most recent: Pacific Coast Reptiles

Make your own decision, but it looks a little risky to me.

Old 10-06-2003, 08:06 PM   #3
coma white
Whoa...okay thanks for that link. I didn't think to search for that name... I don't think I'll contact PCR. Thanks again.

-Kylie Ghim

Old 01-26-2005, 06:13 PM   #4
pch101
Hi, My name is James Wilson. I am responding to your inquiry. Apparently, you contacted me about some b-grade Blue-tongued Skinks, and posted an inquiry here on the BOI since you did not know me. It is just now that I am finding this. For about 6 years I kept, bred, and sold reptiles under the name Pacific Coast Reptiles (a name which I had a business license for). I did this in San Diego, and then Moved to Florida for a short time, and then back to San Diego, and then to Phoenix AZ (Using that name the whole time). During that time, I sold many Bluetongues, and wrote a pretty extensive article on them that was published in Reptiles Magazine in Nov of 2001. Just over a year ago, someone e-mailed me and informed me that some guy in California named Lloyd Putnam AKA Lloyd Rhea was ripping lots of people off on a very large scale, and that he was doing this under the name Pacific Coast Reptiles. As a result I had to change my name last year to Pacific Coast Herpetological. I bought the Domain name, as I am now working on a website for my business. I want you to know that I have never been associated with this criminal in my life, and the only thing we have in common is the name (Pacific Coast Reptiles) that he chose to use and destroy. I have never met him, or talked to him. I was approached in September of 2004 by some guy using the name Pacific Coast Herps in San Clement, CA. He was claiming it was his name. I do not know if he is Lloyd, or if he is associated with Lloyd or not. He seems to have disappeared. Anyway if you ever have any questions as to who I am, feel free to look up my name or my business name here on the BOI. I am now working with mostly Rosy Boas and Insular Giant Chuckwallas. Thanks for your time.

Old 03-31-2008, 10:19 PM   #5
Maki
And now introducing a NEW Pacific Coast Reptiles...

In early 2007, I decided to take the name Pacific Coast Reptiles. My research had not turned up anyone in business with that name, and the domain name was available. It had not occurred to me that the name could have been used in the past, abused, and then abandoned.

Please be assured that the current Pacific Coast Reptiles is not affiliated in any way with individuals or entities which may have used this name in the past. I take great pride in the quality of my animals, principally ball python morphs, and enjoy sharing my passion for them with my customers. With time, I hope to make this name synonymous with beautiful animals and content customers.

Maki Goskowicz
San Diego, CA
www.pacificcoastreptiles.com

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!