shady Andy from nerd strikes again - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-06-2006, 08:14 PM   #1
ericfire
Angry shady Andy from nerd strikes again

Here i thought i would be good dealing with new England reptile
i thought i would bypass classified sales with my hogg male

So ,i call down to nerd and talk to Andy about a trade with my hogg for a snake down at nerd
Andy says sure i have surinames and hypo's ,come on down and we can work something out no problem.so i say are you going to be there because its about a half an hour drive one way ,he says yup we'll be here come on down
So i drive down with the hogg and i talk to the guy in the reptile room ,he says Andy and mike aren't there they would be back soon
meanwhile my wife and kids are in the car waiting because Andy indicated there would be no problems
so after a half an hour i send my wife off to get her errands done while i wait
an hour goes by finally mike and Andy get back and access my snake and tell me they can do a swap/trade for a hypo female .the hypo wasn't a great one so with some hesitation i accept the deal for the female hypo and wait for the wife to get back and so i can go home.
finally i get home and I'm inspecting my prize
i notice the tail looks rather long and i suspect male ,so i pop it and sure enough its a male .
so i call Andy and explain what happen and he says sorry dude ,come on down and we will give you the female hypo that we have,which they weren't going to give me the first time because it was slightly larger than the one i received.
but i say are you sure there wont be a problem with that and are you going to assure that i can get her
he says ya ,just come down and we will take care of you
(mind you this is another hour trip both ways)
so i say fine ,i go down and the guy in the reptile room now says oh hi so you are here to pick up you snake and give ours back,
shocked , i say no i spoke to Andy one half our ago and he said to swap out the hypo's ,that was the deal .
i asked to speak to Andy and i keep getting someone else telling me the same bull about taking my snake back .
i asked again to speak to Andy and the word was he refused to come down and deal with this because he was doing something
by this time i was bullsh$%%T and i asked if that is how they dealt with all there clients and said it was horse pucky and walked out with my snake (the hogg)
pretty freaking dishonorable if you ask me
thanks Andy
hopfully you will catch hell from the posting and reconsider your offer and rectify the situation.
stop hiding upstairs and deal with your customers.

Old 12-06-2006, 08:37 PM   #2
Lucille
Eric, you are telling us:

This guy made you wait after teliing you to come on down.

Then he trades you a female that turns out to be mis-sexed

Then after all of this, knowing the distance and the driving time, he makes you wait again.

And then does not adhere to the deal you said he made on the phone to correct the error in sexing.

If this is the way it went down, this guy did not treat you the way a customer ought to be treated. Go on down the road and find someone else to trade with that doesn't do you this way.

Old 12-06-2006, 09:02 PM   #3
ericfire
that is exactly what happen to the T
sorry for the drawn out version
just a bad day all around i guess
thanks for the thoughts though
Eric

Old 12-06-2006, 09:13 PM   #4
hunterjackson
Geeze, that is NOT good customer service. I have been thinking of dealing with them on some stuff, knowing how high their rep was, but maybe not now.
Hunter Jackson

Old 12-07-2006, 04:40 AM   #5
liquidleaf
That is horrible, ESPECIALLY given the drive time. Gas and time both aren't cheap.

I know that NERD has users on Fauna, hopefully they'll fix this situation when they see the thread.

Old 12-07-2006, 08:59 AM   #6
ericfire
Wink

hopefully they will fix it ,but i doubt it
andy doesnt have enough integrity
and no one likes to take responsibility for there actions down there

Old 12-07-2006, 10:33 AM   #7
Andy
Eric,

You have to be kidding!?

You called Zoo Creatures, you traded with Zoo Creatures, I work for NERD.

First off, I originally talked on the phone with you and told you to come down, But the trade itself was done by another employee, not me. I talked to you on the phone when I was passing through the pet store, just to help out because the employees downstairs in the pet store were busy.

Second we never had a set time for you to be there so how would I know when to be there when you got there?? If you were so concerned with the wait it would have been very easy to set up a time when we could have expected you, which you did not.

Third, I told you multiple times on the phone after you left with the hypo to come back and it would be taken care of, you kept asking if you could get the other hypo female, I told you I didn't think that would be a problem, but it is up to the discretion of the people downstairs, because I don't work downstairs, someone else is in charge of the reptile room and any trades that will happen.

I told you it was up to their discretion multiple times on the phone Eric!!

You then asked if I would be around or if I was going to be in and out, I told you I would be in and out and there was a good chance I wouldn't be around.

Fourth, you need to learn how to sex snakes! The hypo female you traded for was absolutely a female! Multiple people sexed that snake after you brought it back. I sexed it personally after you brought it back, probed it and popped it.

I am more then willingly to sex that snake in front of you! The snake you traded for was 100% a female! When you called, I figured maybe a mistake was made on our part and we will make it right. But it was all YOUR mistake! You mis-sexed the snake. Then you through a temper tantrum downstairs saying that I am hiding upstairs?! Please....... What was I hiding from Eric? I was doing my job. I work for NERD. You were dealing with Zoo Creatures.

Your more then welcome to come back in and have any employee sex that boa for you and prove to you that you got what you traded for. I will do it personally if you want.

Let me know, just make sure we set up an appointment, so I can make sure I am there.

Why didn't you call me like you said you were going to when you were having your tantrum downstairs?? I would have been more then happy to explain this to you over the phone.

Long story short,

You came in because you wanted something different then the snake you had.

You left with a snake that was a good trade in your mind for the animal you brought it.

You wasted your time and gas coming back because you don't know how to sex a boa! That is certainly not my fault. If you don't know how to sex a snake maybe it would be best if you didn't pretend that you did....

Andy Deitz

I'm sorry that you wasted your day and that your unhappy but it wasn't because of a mistake made by us

Old 12-07-2006, 10:53 AM   #8
SPJ
Doesn't NERD own Zoo Creatures?

Old 12-07-2006, 11:19 AM   #9
Andy
Actually Steve, Kevin owns NERD and Zoo Creatures.

They are to separate companies in the same building. NERD is upstairs, Zoo Creatures is downstairs.

I work for NERD. I get paid by NERD. Other employees work for Zoo Creatures, and are paid by Zoo Creatures.

They have separate managers and are separate entities.

NERD breeds reptiles and does internet sales, and is open by appointment only.

Zoo Creatures is a retail pet store that is open to the general public.

Kevin owns both companies, but they are two different distinct companies that stand on their own.

Andy Deitz

Old 12-07-2006, 11:21 AM   #10
Chameleon Company
Thanks for taking the time to explain your take on all matters Andy. Certain aspects will never be resolved beyond the he-said he-said. Andy has offered the time to sex the animal himself in the presence of Eric to resolve the dispute of its true sex, which would seem to be the main crux of the dispute, as all other matters could be a misunderstanding. As to "ownership", Andy's version indicates that the decision-making was left in charge of those that manage Zoo Creatures. At worst, its a proper and plausible delegation of authority.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!