Stolen in PA - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Police Blotter

Notices

Police Blotter General notifications about thefts, breakins or and cases where animals or materials are stolen. Photos of the merchandise taken can be posted to help with recovery.

Old 05-17-2013, 02:09 PM   #1
Plethora Of Pythons LLC
Stolen in PA

Pictures are in the sidebar of the article:

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/lo...00_stolen.html

Old 05-17-2013, 08:46 PM   #2
Durante
Terrible... Everyone in PA keep your eyes open!

Old 05-17-2013, 09:20 PM   #3
bkline
Is that collector/breeder a fauna member?

Old 05-23-2013, 11:16 AM   #4
Herps Alive!
And now in Ohio, they want those of us with large constrictors and crcodilians to have signage that is so large it can be read from the street- an invitation to break in.

Old 06-08-2013, 09:57 PM   #5
Durante
So I went to the Hamburg reptile show today & on my way out noticed multiple police cars & some security in the parking lot. I figured someone was being a jerk & tried to steal something but then came across some other interesting information. I don't want to spread bad information but heard that these pythons turned up & were recognized at the show. I really hope it's true & the proper owner received there animals back but was curious if anyone here could verify the rumor?

Old 06-08-2013, 10:20 PM   #6
SERPENTS DEN
I was reading about this on facebook https://www.facebook.com/pages/Nothw...w/205205337714

Old 06-18-2013, 09:46 AM   #8
allreptiles1966
Glad to see someone caught this time.

Old 06-28-2013, 08:16 AM   #9
NIGRO51
Just in case that site takes it down..

HAMBURG, Pa. -
A Centre County man was arrested for trying to sell off stolen snakes at the Northwestern Berks Reptile Show over the weekend.

Nathan Flick admitted that the five snakes, worth about $7,100, were his but that he bought them from a man he didn't know for $800 on May 15.

According to police, Flick tried to sell the stolen python snakes at the reptile show at the Hamburg Field House on Saturday.

Quick Clicks
Brown, Utley homer but Phillies lose to Dodgers Mixed verdict in case of man who died after being tied to a...
Woman slashed twin sister's arm with broken glass over...
Police: 2 in custody after homemade bomb explodes
Investigators seek tips on church burglary, theft "They were about four feet in length, and were different types of python males and females," said Chief Pedro Rivera, Hamburg Police Dept.

Hamburg police said 13 ball pythons, worth more than $30,000, were stolen last month in Union Twp., Centre Co. Eight of the snakes taken were pregnant females, and five were males. The owner contacted police and posted information on social media to help track them down.

"The owner was able to provide that information into the internet and have them registered as being stolen," said Rivera.

The snakes were identified through photos in a database used by the expo staff. Flick was detained, and by the time police arrived he was standing at the front door with a security guard.

Flick and the five pythons were brought back to the police station, which is a first for the department.

"They do have the expo at the Hamburg Field House throughout the year. It's been here several times since my tenure, but I've never had any reptiles here," said Rivera.

The owner drove 2-1/2 hours to Hamburg to pick up the snakes, which were in generally good health. The other eight pythons were recovered in Centre County, said police.

Flick, 20, of Bellefonte, was charged with five counts of receiving stolen property. He was committed to the Berks County Prison in lieu of $75,000 bail.

Copyright 2013 WFMZ. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!