Fauna Mentor Program? - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > General Business Discussions

Notices

General Business Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to business related topics concerning Reptiles and Amphibians that are neither appropriate for the Board of Inquiry, nor sales, purchase, or trade solicitations.

Old 03-27-2006, 11:49 AM   #11
Mike Greathouse
I'm in!

It might be easier to put this into some type of manageable form, if you knew where everyone had expertise.

I'll start it off:

I'm reasonably well versed in care and breeding of boas, colubrids, and tortoises (specifically Redfoots). Additionally, I've been doing online sales of animals since the early days of the World Wide Web - anybody remember Herpauction?

I have good skills with HTML and I'm about to launch a new version of Reptilian Dreams as a full-blown E-Commerce site utilizing PHP and MySQL. This will be a database-driven site with all the bells and whistles.

If I can offer any assistance in any of these areas, don't hesitate to ask.

Another great idea from Lucille.

Thanks,

Old 03-27-2006, 12:06 PM   #12
Lucille
Thank you Mike.
Any more mentors? Please list yourselves and hopefully the mentees will start asking questions and getting some great business insights!!

Old 03-27-2006, 06:53 PM   #13
Tim Cole
Good idea...

Lucille,
Put me down to mentor. Hots are my specialty but also have extensive knowledge of and have bred colubrids, boids, and bearded dragons. I have been keeping herps seriously since the mid 70's. I have built several rack systems and am well versed in lighting and thermostats.

I have an extensive herp library consisting of over 1000 books and papers that I can reference.

Old 03-27-2006, 11:32 PM   #14
Lucille
I am going to let people who wish to offer their help list themselves here for a couple days. Then probably this weekend I will cut and past all your intros into a separate mentor thread that those wanting advice may access.
I appreciate all our volunteers so far.

Old 03-28-2006, 03:14 AM   #15
PaulSage
I'd volunteer, but I'm not really sure for what. I have pretty decent grammar and communication skills, would that help?

Old 03-28-2006, 06:03 AM   #16
Lucille
Paul you would be wonderful as a mentor. Thank you.

Old 03-28-2006, 01:15 PM   #17
Tim Cole
Thumbs up Paul...

from what I have seen and TRIED to read, several people could use you! LOL

Old 03-28-2006, 02:12 PM   #18
scalesnstuff
How would this work

This is an awesome idea and I am all for it. I don't want this to stay an idea but rather become a reality. If you need any help with this let me know I would be more than happy to help you set this up. It would help beginners like me not make simpl and avoidable mistakes. I can do basic html and so forth.

Old 03-28-2006, 11:41 PM   #19
KathyLove
I have answered (and still do answer) lots of questions about corns and other colubrids (and a scattering of questions about other species as well), about shipping and exporting (non-CITES animals) and dealing with business issues in general, as well as proofing articles and doing a little writing myself. I enjoy helping people, although I am not a fast typist and can't commit to TOO much writing of long emails, etc. But phone rates are cheap these days and I am happy to help where I can.

Old 04-08-2006, 11:29 AM   #20
Lucille
Sigh. I need a computer mentor...

I wanted to have a little chart with mentors grouped in similar categories. It was my idea that each time a new volunteer posted, the post could be copied and pasted into the appropriate area on the chart, which could be stickied at the top of a forum somewhere perhaps. That way people who were looking to have a mentor to show them around a little would be able to easily locate the kind of help they sought.

I can't even get started. I am blonde and clueless when it comes to computer stuff, and now I'm mad at the dang computer because this is turning out to be so difficult.

Please, help!!..

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!