Joe Lesh/SerpenXotics-fraud-sent dying snake to rob me. - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 02-06-2005, 01:49 PM   #1
Dan Scolaro
Thumbs down Joe Lesh/SerpenXotics-fraud-sent dying snake to rob me.

This post is to provide information to the consumer and interested reader that Joseph Lesh of Columbia, South Carolina, intentionally misrepresented a snake I purchased from him for the sole purposes to swindle me out of 150 dollars. Mr. Lesh not only misrepresented the snake he sold me, he is guilty of fraud, lying, conning, and animal cruelty.

I’ve kept this saga as short as possible as to not distract reader’s interest. However, I have many emails that substantiate much of the information below. If you would like to see them, I can place them on an additional post? Also, had it not been that Mr. Lesh was discovered taking numerous steps to fraud me, and further compounded to accomplish his scam by leaving his snake at the airport to die, I would not be making this post in the first place. Additionally, Mr. Lesh seems to behave like a child and pretends to not recognize any of his wrongdoings. Perhaps a little public humility may straighten him out and not leave him to pretend that he does not know what he did wrong, and further, this will perhaps halt his usage of sickened and dying snakes for personal profit.

Here is the short version if you want to avoid reading the entire saga: I sent Mr. Lesh a 150 dollar money order for a coral snake he promised was very healthy. Mr. Lesh sent blurry photos of a flattened snake when I did not even request photos. I was suspicious and concerned about the photos as they depicted a sick and flattened snake, which was contrary to Mr. Leshe's verbal and written description of the snake. I further requested clear photos depicting the snake, at rest, to determine if was indeed flattened and even provided expert advice on how to obtain such photos in a timely fashion. Mr. Lesh promised to eventually send good photos, and based on our references in common, Mr. Lesh also promised to not cash my money order until I was satisfied with viewing the snake in person. Mr. Lesh also extended the shipping date without informing me in advance or providing any reasonable excuse, and remained to leave me anticipating a trip to the airport the following day. I discovered later that the reason for his delay was that he cashed my money order and was waiting for it to clear which was against his word to hold it until I viewed the snake. Then for some odd reason (fraud of course), two days before Mr. Lesh shipped, he emailed a doctored and staged photo of the snake engorged while it fed on another snake, thus intentionally misrepresenting the snake when I never really actually questioned if it fed or not. When my money order cleared (without my knowledge), Mr. Lesh shipped a dying snake to me in an unlawful crate that violated the Lacy Act in every possible way. I rejected to accept the shipment as the snake was dying and Delta Airlines verified is dying condition and accepted my rejection of the snake. Mr. Lesh refused to answer his phone and futher refused to ship the snake back and left it to die at the airport. I sought to help the snake, but it died shortly afterward as I predicted. Mr. Lesh will not refund my money.

Here is the long version: Last month Mr. Lesh advertised a Central American Coral Snake on a reptile website. And please allow me to say for myself, that when I viewed his asking price of 100 dollar or so, I gathered the idea that this snake must be an established adult simply based on the high price tag on the animal since imports cost about 50 dollars, and I can get an import from a wholesaler just down the road from where I reside. I telephoned Mr. Lesh and we spoke in detail about the snake on several occasions and I clearly informed Mr. Lesh that I was NOT the least bit interested in an import and ONLY wanted an established adult. Mr. Lesh was firm on his asking price plus shipping, and voiced that the snake was worth the extra expense as it was in excellent health, and further voiced that the snake was a long-term captive that he acquired from his friend (Mr. Lesh later wrote that it was a recent import). Since I was only interested in a long-term captive and established adult, and was familiar with Mr. Leshe’s references, we made a deal, and I mailed Mr. Lesh a US Postal Money Order for 150 dollars to include Delta Dash shipping and I agreed to send some rat snakes to him to make up some of the expense of his shipping.

Since we knew each other’s references, I personally was not going to even ask for photos, but Mr. Lesh offered, and emailed photos. His photos were blurry, and the snake appeared flattened (and as you will learn, his initial photos were just another part of his master scam). I was very concerned, as this snake appeared quite the contrary to his verbal and written descriptions. Like I said, I was not even going to ask for photos, but based on the photos he did send, I requested an additional photo depicting the snake in a rested coil, and provided professional advice so he can quickly and safely take such photos. Mr. Lesh assumed a defensive posture, thwarting to send additional photos. We spoke a few additional times, and Mr. Lesh promised several times to send clear photos, but nothing ever arrived. However, during one conversation after Mr. Lesh received my US Postal Money order, and I again expressed a dire concern for verification of the animal, Mr. Lesh assured that the snake was in excellent shape, and since we both had references in common, he guaranteed and promised to not cash my money order until I received the snake as he assured I would be satisfied. That was not a bad offer since we both had numerous friends and associates in common, much less I had an opportunity to look at the snake, and if it was flat, I expected to get my money back. If the guy wanted to offer that option verses taking 3 minutes for a decent photo like I asked, then that is his great customer service I thought. Actually it was all apart of his scam.

It is important to note that Mr. Lesh tricked and failed to ship the snake on our initial mutually agreed date, and Mr. Lesh remained to leave me anticipating an airline shipment the next day. When I telephoned Mr. Lesh very late the evening before, he did not provide any responsible excuse. I later discovered that his delay in shipping was maliciously calculated as he had lied to me and had already cashed my money order, and in retrospect, he was obviously waiting for my money order to clear to prevent me from canceling it, as he knew I would do so once I viewed his dying snake. And later when I did see the dying snake, I tried to cancel it, and I was informed that Mr. Lesh cashed it and it cleared.

Two-days before Mr. Lesh shipped, and for some unknown reason (his scam at the time of course), Mr. Lesh emailed a photo of the coral snake while it fed on another snake, and wrote that it was feeding that very night. This photo not only was received as a surprise, the photo was the EXACT OPPOSITE of what I requested. I requested a photo that would clearly change my suspicion that the snake was flattened, and I receive a second photo depicted the snake engorged while feeding on a snake. That second photo was obviously doctored and staged for the sole intentions of fraud, no other way to see it. Much less, I never even doubted him of questioned him about it feeding, so what was his point to send a picture of the snake feeding? Fraud, nothing else. Also, the photo depicted the snake housed on dry shavings indicating that the snake was improperly maintained. And why would anyone feed a snake two-days before shipping? Only a crook or a mistake could cause that. And even in that photo, the snake is positioned to be staged as feeding as the snake is not stretched out like a normal healthy coral snake does when feeding.

A few days later, without even one-days notice, Mr. Lesh emailed that he was shipping the snake that day (after he verified that my money order cleared behind my back). I replied and asked him if the snake was bagged or in a container indicating that I wanted to inspect the snake at the airport before accepting the snake (my right and privilege to do according to Delta Cargo policy). Mr. Lesh did not respond or acknowledge my email informing him about my intent to inspect the snake.

With tools and camera in hand, I traveled to the airport and informed Delta Cargo that I was present to pickup a crate with a venomous snake, and I desired to inspect it as I was suspicious that I was being robbed. I was handed something smaller than a shoebox, a tiny wooden crate, and I dissembled it on Delta’s loading dock. The crate violated the Lacy Act in every manner; the crate was too small, its wood type was wrong, there was not one metal bracket supporting any corners, and the snake was not contained in two labeled bags per regulations, instead the snake was in one in one unlabeled bag holding a plastic container which the snake was contained on very dry wood shavings.

The snake’s condition was deplorable and unforgivable. It was quite flattened, however when I rocked the container, the snake inhaled and bloated outwardly, indicating a terminal disease. The snake’s head was eyes were shrunk. There was a ridge of raised skin on its spine extending all the way from behind head to its tail. I took the snake out and turned the snake over and it took several seconds to right itself. When prodded, the snake moved a few inches, but immediately stopped and rested and flattened out again. It was slowly dying from a deadly disease, no doubt. I obtained photos of the snake.

I stepped back into Delta’s office, informed the Delta supervisor that I was rejecting to accept the cargo in the crate. The supervisor inspected the snake with me. The supervisor immediately confirmed my assessment of the snake, that it was indeed very sick and dying as it could barely move. The supervisor accepted my rejection of the snake (per Delta’s policy) and informed me that the shipper, Mr. Lesh, was responsible for the disposition of the crate and its contents. The supervisor attempted several times to phone Mr. Lesh, however Mr. Lesh refused to answer his phone (as expected) or was irresponsible to make himself available. The supervisor apologized for my inconveniences that morning, as she knew confided to me that I must be getting swindled out of my money. I departed the airport and hurried straight to the post office. I was right. I was informed that Mr. Lesh cashed my money order several days earlier and he obviously broke his promise to hold it until I saw the snake.

Mr. Lesh maintained to avoid answering his phone (common amongst crooks). I emailed Mr. Lesh and informed Mr. Lesh what he already knew about the snake, that it was dying, and told him that I rejected to accept shipment of his snake at the airport, and demanded a refund. Mr. Lesh responded, and never once denied the condition of the snake, and further, never even expressed any inquiry as to how the snake could arrive in such a deplorable condition. Now even if Mr. Lesh doubted my word and the assessment of the Delta supervisor, and the snake cooked in some place that December day, it would be expected that an honest person would in the least inquire for one nano-second as to how or what happen to his or her snake to have arrived in such a horrible condition. Mr. Lesh did not inquiry one bit. Of course he did not inquire. He knew it was sick. Mr. Lesh attempted to pull the usual criminal defenses and tactics that most unscrupulous reptile dealers do. Mr. Lesh first attempted to con me to waste more of my time to go back to the airport and retrieve his snake and provide it medical attention. His criminal intent was that the longer I held the snake in my possession, the less likely he would be responsible for it. Not according to the law and courts Mr. Lesh. I refused that part of his scam. The Mr. Lesh projected insults and wrote that he had no guarantee. His reactions and demeanor were calculated and predicted, however, not appreciated. Then Mr. Lesh asked me to spend 75 dollars of my money and ship the snake back to him, utilizing his unlawful crate. And of course I was not in such a cheerful mood to cut plywood myself and make a crate for him the right way, much less, I did not have a Delta Account to ship, so no option there. And Mr. Leshe’s scam was based on his “word” to refund me only 100 dollars, which would only actually only be a net refund of 25 dollars, even if I were willing to risk and break the law and use his crate for shipment. Obviously, I refused. Mr. Lesh did not know that I was already informed that he already cashed my check against his solemn “words.” Then Mr. Lesh attacked again. He said that I viewed his blurry and doctored photos, hence I was an experienced reptile hobbyist, and should have known better, and he told me to “suck it up.” I guess that was Mr. Leshe’s tactful method to tell his customer how well he spent his mother’s Christmas present money. Then Mr. Lesh blithered to write that he had no responsibility or accountability in the matter for the snake and conned to dodge responsibility and place blame on my signature on a shipping receipt at Delta. I reaffirmed to Mr. Lesh that his criminal tactics were kidding no one and Delta gladly accepted my rejection of the shipment, and he can verify that information if he ever picks up his phone and contacts Delta.

Mr. Lesh ran out of excuses and cons at the time and proceeded to offer no refund, no credit, no replacement snake, no lizard, no frog, no chicken, no cricket, not even a superworm in the big screwing he just gave me with the dying snake and having to drive two hours to see it. Much less, I wasted valuable time trying to convince this crook that he was very wrong and he could care less. And Mr. Lesh was so stubborn to stand proud and tall over his accomplishments to steal my 150 dollars, that he even refused to ask Delta to ship the snake back to himself, because as we all now know, Mr. Lesh was knew his snake was dying when he shipped it, and it had no further retail value for him. I mean, if Mr. Lesh actually believed his own lies that the snake was very healthy, and it was worth to sell it again for 125 dollars, then why would he not ship it back to himself and make another 50-dollar profit? And as for icing on the cake; Mr. Lesh remained to leave the snake at the airport to die a slow horrible death (animal cruelty) in his unlawful crate, and did not arrange or attempt to arrange any alternative preparations to at least contact anyone, a zoo, vet, or another hobbyist to aid the dying snake.

At the time, I immediately sought relief from the website owner that allowed Mr. Lesh free access to advertise the snake. The owner forwarded the photos taken at the airport to obtain a non-basis medical opinion. The opinion of the expert was that the snake was “dehydrated, malnourished, and with sign of parasites.” Mr. Lesh received this information and remained offer nothing and responded with additional insults and expressed a further lack of concern for the poor snake.

I took the initiative to contact the expert who I did not know at the time and we discussed the snake and she had many very valuable recommendations. I felt bad for the snake already, and at the time, I was more so upset that Mr. Lesh place me in a compromising position to either contemplate that the snake would go back to him for a sure death in dry wood shavings, or should I help it myself even though I knew and everyone knew he was ripping me off. And Mr. Lesh, I did not wake that day anticipating the problem you laid on my shoulders and you will get payment for that much later for sure. And after speaking to the FBI about you, I am sure I will get my refund.

I contacted Mr. Lesh again hoping he would pursue healthcare for the snake. Mr. Lesh remained to let it sit for days and die in his unlawful crate at the airport. I knew I would get my refund one-way or the other. Although I rejected the contents of the crate, and perhaps I could not gain access to it again, I though it best for the sake of the snake to at least contact Delta at the airport to see if they would at least let me provide emergency aid and hydration. I spoke to the Delta Cargo Manager. The Delta Manager voiced that the snake was logged into their computer as rejected by Daniel T. Scolaro and it was no longer my option to pick it up, and it was sent elsewhere in any case but they would not tell me where. I contacted Mr. Lesh. He informed that days after he left it there, he told Delta he would not pay to have it shipped back to himself, and they told him they sent it to a local wholesaler. Now Mr. Lesh knew where his animal was. And Mr. Lesh orders snakes from that wholesaler. Well, if Mr. Lesh makes an order he can get his “VERY HEALTHY” coral snake back for nothing and include it with the other snakes he orders. I mean would not a responsible reptile dealer seek that option and make him customer happy? Not Joe Lesh, he knew it was going it die. I even suggested that Mr. Lesh get it back from the wholesaler, but he refused. Mr. Lesh deserves a fast hard kick right in his ass and he is going to get it one day when he is not looking. If it makes him never forget to not rob or fraud another customer again, much less neglect another animal so it dies on him, then I will make sure I have my size 12 shoe on when he gets it. If anyone doubts that Mr. Lesh places orders from the wholesaler, or he can lie and say he does, not, I already checked with them as they knew he sent me the dying snake and Mr. Lesh ordered from them three weeks ago just after the coral snake died. If he lies about it, check the BOI, he made a comment about them recently indicating he made an order two weeks ago. And what was the wholesaler’s assessment of the snake? They all looked at it and with their combined 300 years of reptile experience, they all said it was very sick and dying. They actually could not believe that Mr. Lesh even tried to fraud with such a sickened snake.

As mentioned, I drove to the wholesaler and picked up the snake. Several hours after arriving home, the snake vomited the feeder snake that Mr. Lesh fed it a week earlier. Note closely the picture of the vomited snake placed on Mr. Leshe’s unlawful crate. The feeder snake was supposed to be digesting in the coral snake’s stomach for an entire week (seven days), however the coral snake did not even digest the feeders snake’s skin, which would be the first thing expected to be digested in a healthy snake. This coral snake was such a very healthy snake according to Mr. Lesh that it could not even digest a skinny snake. I housed the snake expertly, provided a moist substrate, a big easy to drink from water bowl, moss, proper lighting, proper temperature regulation, medication, fed it tiny feeder ringneck snakes, and provided the snake loads of tender loving care. The coral snake vomited the small snakes, and sadly, died as I predicted it would.

When Mr. Lesh was notified of the snakes death and contemplated the obvious efforts I had incurred to save it, he continued to refuse any refund, credit, exchange, another coral snake, and offered nothing but fake concern for the snake. If he actually cared one inkling for the snake before, why did he not have it shipped back to him for free???????????????????? Please keep in mind now that I wasted two long car trips for this snake, was out 150 dollars of my money and put through his scam, wasted countless hours sending him emails, risked exposing the snake’s disease to my collection, was burdened with its care, and now Mr. Lesh stood fast to offer nothing but phony apologies, additional insults. All of which only confirms and substantiates Mr. Leshe’s horrible and criminal customer service.

Mr. Lesh recently defended his actions and his dead snake and emailed that he is “well prepared” to defend himself on the Board of Inquiry based only on the “fact” that he has already “lined up” several customers that were witnesses to the coral snake feeding? I did not argue that the snake fed anyway, so he can “line up” a thousand people around his block and they can all hold-hands and chant “we saw it eat” for all I care. I will never lie and always tell the truth and I will never contradict that, as its feeding is not only irrelevant, what is relevant, is that it could not digest food as a result of it having a deadly disease. Mr. Leshe’s email about a “line up” only substantiates that he is a master conman and fraud. His email said explained that Mr. Lesh was feeding the snake during the evening. How many “customers” were “lined up” in his house that “evening” to watch it feed? Who out there is brave and bold enough to stand up for that insidious scenario, and who further thinks that crazy defense has anything to do with his snake dying from a deadly disease? And following Mr. Leshe’s threat with a “line up” of characters willing to testify on his behalf, this conman and thief wrote in an email that the coral snake was a recent import. Mr. Lesh told me it was long-term established captive he obtained from his friend. Heck, I can get an import a down the road at a rock’s throw for 40 bucks. The more the guy writes, the deeper the hole he digs.

Mr. Lesh may have several hundred “customers” all “lined up” that will say he is the best thing since we found Sadam in a hole, and I will concede that perhaps he has completed dozens of wonderful and loving and exemplary transactions worthy of knighthood by the Queen of England herself, and perhaps his customers are so joyed that they have their eye’s watered about him so as to even carry Mr. Lesh on their shoulders to the mountain to take home Moses’s ten commandments. However, nothing of what he or anyone can produce should or will ever excuse him that he most assuredly intentional misrepresentation this coral snake on purpose for the sole intention of robbery, and in the process of his scheme, he presented misleading, false, misrepresented photos as evidence of his criminal intentions. And further, Mr. Lesh willfully neglected and inflicted animal cruelty to the poor snake by leaving it to die.

And as you may determine for yourself, Mr. Lesh is quite the skilled criminal to use all of those pretentious and typical criminal defenses in his emails to avoid responsibility. Mr. Lesh utilized most, if not all, of the commonly known criminal tactics to rob his customer; bad blurry photos, held the check and cashed it, tried to make me go back and get the snake and care for it, bidding to lessen his responsibility for it, or placing me in a position to render care vice see it die, attack and insult, pointing a finger at a receipt, and the rest of which, most of you already know for yourself. And please be advised, I am just a hobbyist who only bought three snakes in my entire 40-year-old life over the Internet, and two reptile dealers, including Mr. Lesh, were proven to be criminals. I never will purchase another snake, sight-unseen again unless from a reputable dealer.

Mr. Lesh is only a calculating and methodical thief and has no business ethics and has no customer service, and further has no right to even be pretending to know how or provide any advice on how to maintain and keep snakes in captivity.

And God forbid, but one day, one of his unlawful and shoddy crates may mistakenly break open in an accident and someone may be killed or maimed. Those shipping are supposed to be constructed according to specific regulations in case of such an accident. Is Mr. Lesh going to continue to save a few dimes and pack his venomous snake within regulations, or be cheap and risk other people’s lives to rob them? Mr. Lesh stands to pose a real threat to the public. All consumers, hobbyists, and reptile dealer should avoid him at all costs.

I do have assocates that have viewed this dying snake, and if necessary, they will register to post and verify that they viewed the snake and were informed of all of the information above during the time it happened and transacted.
Attached Images

Old 02-06-2005, 02:44 PM   #2
Dan Scolaro
Emails to support statements

During our conversation and without my request, Mr. Lesh offered photographs of the snake and sent them via email.

Subj: Re: CORAL SNAKE
Date: 11/28/2004 12:57:56 PM Eastern Standard Time
To: Danscolaro
File: DSC01068.ZIP (763002 bytes) DL Time (49333 bps): < 4 minutes
here are PICS of the coral snake let me know what you think

The photos Mr. Lesh sent were rather blurry and they did not depict the snake’s entire body length, and the snake appeared skinny and flattened. I requested additional photos:

Date: 11/28/2004
To: SerpenXotics1
Joe, those pics are a bit blurry and it would be nice to see a pic of the snake in its entirety. And in one pic the snake looks a bit flattened but it is hard to tell if it is flattened from not enough food or blurry or as a defense posture? In any case, see if you can get a pic of the snake in a coil including its head and tail. Thanks. Dan

His following email interpreted to me at the time that Mr. Lesh was offended in some way as a result for asking for a clear photo. In retrospect, I now know that he was just thwarting to take the photo to continue to deceive me about the snake.
Further, he make a false statement in his email. And as any reader can determine from those photos attached, you can easily can see that the snake is flattened.
Date: 11/28/2004 1:26:19 PM Eastern Standard Time
I apologize that my PICS are not up to your par but unfortunately it is not easy to get a 30" coral snake to sit still long enough to take a full body shot I sent you a close up of the tail and a body shot that might have excluded 1/2" of the tail also this snake is not flattened at all never not in any of the PICS so I really don't know what to tell you!!!!

I ignored his immature snide remarks about “par” and his numerous “exclamation points” and his denial of the obvious blurs in those photos depicting a flattened snake, and rather was very polite and apologized and further went to the extent to provided expert advice on how to quickly and safely take the photos I requested.
Date: 11/28/2004
Joe, I did not mean to anger you and perhaps I did not word my sentence correctly but I figured you had a digital camera and could easily get a close up of the snake, but perhaps your camera does not have that function? I am not into cameras but I got one from a friend and it has this close up feature that is just wonderful for clear pics. And please bear with me, I worked for a well known reptile dealer for several years and seen too many bad transactions so I am over worried about it, and I do not mean to offend you. What I learned from XXX is to take a water bowl and turn it upside down and permit the snake to crawl under it and then wait a few minutes for it to settle, then lift the bowl up and take the shot. I forwarded the pics to XXX a minute ago and he is presently identifying the species of coral snake and he should respond shortly. But if you do not have the close up feature for your camera, then it would not be worth it as it would be a far shot. I think its tail is fine although the pic is blurry it looks OK to me. My false coral flattens it body every time I look at it and it reminded me of the pose that snake had. In any case, I still want the snake and will speak to XXX soon to see how to make the arrangements. Dan

Mr. Lesh implied that he would take the photos I requested and email them the next day. Mr. Lesh lied again. He never sent any photos as I requested, even after I spoke to him about it twice. The remainder of his statement is a joke. He sent a very skinny and dying snake. However, the remainder of his statement is evidence that he did communicate to me that the snake was in perfect health. A mistake made by the anxious criminal.
Date: 11/28/2004 2:01:33 PM Eastern Standard Time
I can try to take PICS in that way tonight when I get to the house will send em tomorrow to ya it is in perfect health and shape though and I take great pride in selling only the highest quality animals to my customers I will not even put something on the market if I have the slightest worries about it's condition so I guess that is why I am so sensitive to peoples input my camera is ok but by far not the best LOL Thank you

As I stated earlier, Mr. Lesh never sent another photo depicting the snake as I requested. I telephoned Mr. Lesh and we spoke about it. Mr. Lesh continued to assert that the snake was in excellent health. He said he would send more photos, and since he provided familiar references, I was not reluctant to send him a money order. Later, when I questioned him again about the photos I desired, he said he would not cash my money order until after I was satisfied with the snake. However I must point out again, I never did receive the photos I requested.

After Mr. Lesh and I spoke about the requested photos and again, he mentioned that he would not cash my money order until I viewed the snake. Afterward, he sent the below email which indicated something quite the contrary, and states something odd about waiting for a delivery date based on the clearance of a US Postal Money Order? This email from him not only seemed odd, and it was the first thing that actually made me suspicious. Mr. Lesh knew my references, and did not question them, so why would he innuendo or even mention anything about waiting for a US Postal Money Order to clear? Further, he already knows that there are few if any problems with cashing a US Postal Money Order. If he pretends to be ignorant to that fact, then it is more evidence this guy is a crook for ignoring the obvious on purpose.
Subj: Re: HAMBURG
Date: 12/1/2004 7:43:59 PM Eastern Standard Time
yeah I will send it as soon as I receive $150.00 money order will ship that day or the next depending on when the money order clears Thanks

Based on his suspicious email above, that evening, I telephone Mr. Lesh again. I informed him again that I wanted the photos depicting the snake as I indicated in my email. Mr. Lesh said time and time again that the snake was in excellent health and he assured me and promised to send the photos the next day. Also, Mr. Lesh assured me that based on my speculation; he voiced again that he WOULD NOT cash my money order until after I received the snake and was satisfied with the snake. Again he displayed another fraud tactic commonly used by professional criminals in this industry.

It is also important and throw into this saga that Mr. Lesh also provide shoddy customer service. Not only did he thwart to send clear photos as I requested, he also failed to ship the snake on our initially agreed date. And it had nothing to do with cashing the money order as far as I knew at the time because he said he would hold it. Further, he did not even have the courtesy to even inform me of his cancelled shipment date, and remained to leave me anticipating and planning to go to the airport the following day. And he asks me for an airport code? What code? Does he want me to do his work for him?
Subj: payment confirmation
Date: 12/6/2004 3:52:23 PM Eastern Standard Time
Hey Dan, I just wanted to let you know I recieved your money order today and as we discussed before I will be shipping your snake wednesday you woulden't happen to have your airports code would you I belive I can get it right at the delta office but thought we could possible make it easier this way also I was hoping you would send me your phone # as I have lost track of it and may need it in the next couple of days also what airport wil I be shipping to Thank you

Note above how he states he received my money order on the 6th and how he further states that he will ship the snake two-days later which substantiates that I did speak with him, and his email no longer expresses any delay to cash my money order.

So based on his above email, I am planning to anticipate that he will ship the snake in a two days when out of the blue I receive an email from Mr. Lesh on the 8th. Mr. Lesh informs that he is feeding the snake two-days before he plans to ship it?
Subj: Re: BABIES
Date: 12/8/2004 7:54:41 PM Eastern Standard Time
here is a PIC I took of your baby tonight feasting on baby beauty's F/T

There are a million things wrong and fraud with this 15 word email. Now I did not ask Mr. Lesh for a photo of the snake feeding, so why in world would he send one? You guessed it. For the sole purposes of intentionally misleading me to believe that the snake was not flattened. And what in the world was he doing feeding a snake two-days before he was supposed to ship it? Has anyone in the reptile industry even ever heard of doing that on purpose except for the exception to fraud? I even previously informed Mr. Lesh that I had feeder snakes so that was a clear implication that I was well prepared to feed the snake when it arrived. And feeding it a snake is not like providing a snake a pinky. A snake is a big meal, especially for a coral snake. And I should mention, that the coral snake vomited ONE beauty snake. And speaking of vomit and Mr. Lesh, I closely observed the coral snake when it vomited that beauty snake, and it only vomited ONE beauty snake, however Mr. Leshe’s email above puts an apostrophe after beauty implying more than one feeder snake. Did Mr. Lesh lie again by stating it fed on more than one beauty snake? Yep. And I have a picture of that vomit and you can clearly see it is a beauty snake that was regurgitated. And lets examine something else here? Why would anyone, including this fraud, Mr. Lesh feed an expensive beauty snake to a coral snake when anyone can get a baby corn or rat snake for a few bucks? Or a baby racer for a few bucks? Mr. Leshe’s email states the beauty snake was defrosted. Well if it was defrosted, how did the beauty snake die? Did he find a dead and diseased beauty snake and freeze it, and then use it as a feeder to the coral snake that he intended to sell, or did he hatch a clutch of beauty snakes and ignore their retail value at 50 bucks and decide to freeze them for the snake of a feeder snake? I bet this Mr. Lesh character found several dead and diseased beauty snakes and froze them. Personally, if he wants to take the risk of feeding a defrosted but perhaps diseased snake to his personal collection, then that is his risk. However, to sell a snake to someone and then feed it something that might have been diseased is something else. And as to the pine shavings; I do not know what Mr. Lesh was thinking. Anyone with a lick of sense can tell you that tropical coral snakes MUST have a moist substrate such as mulch, soil, or moss. They WILL dehydrate and die easily without it as that pine crap absorbs moisture away from snakes, and a coral snake MUST have the reverse. A coral snake must be absorbing moisture from its environment. I mean, some people ought to have to take a test or something before they hang a sign and claim to be a reptile dealer. And by the way, I did phone Mr. Lesh and DID inquiry into the snakes he was offering the coral snake and he dodged my questions. And I did respond to this email Mr. Lesh indicating that I hoped the coral snake held the feeder snake down, however the email did not really ask for a reply. At that point, I was exhausted with this bum.

As to what happened next: Based on Mr. Leshe’s email that he would ship on Wednesday I anticipated receiving a another email tracking information that day. I arrived home late that Wednesday and checked my email and found no email from Mr. Lesh. I checked the phone answering machine and there were no messages from Mr. Lesh. Well, it was late, almost 11:00 PM and I did not know if the guy had a legitimate job and was leaving early the next day or not, so I decided to call Mr. Lesh to ensure he shipped the snake. Mr. Lesh answered and immediately voiced that he meant to call me soon? I asked him when was he going to call, midnight? I asked Mr. Lesh for the tracking information and he interrupted my sentence and said he did not ship it that day. Mr. Lesh responded oddly and his voice was different. Mr. Lesh said he did not send the shipment on that day because it had something to do with him not getting to his computer or he had computer problems and could not get online with Delta’s website to determine if his account was activated. Seemed just a bit too fishy to me as he was sitting on my money order and I just received this disguising and obscured photo. When I asked why didn’t he just simply telephone Delta and inquire about his problem, he just staggered on the phone and said nothing useful. When I then asked him why he did not at least have the courtesy to telephone or email me the delay as I was planning on leaving early in the morning for the airport, again he staggered and said nothing useful. I mean, if I did not call him, I quite possibly would have went to the airport and discovered that he shipped nothing the day before. What service Mr. Lesh offers. In retrospect, I now know he pulled that scam and excuse. It was only to delay the shipment so he could cash my money order and have it clear before I received the dying coral snake. Again, the scam artist was at work. It was only Mr. Leshe’s criminal intent to rob my money and prevent me to from canceling payment on the money order. Want to know how I am sure about that? The Saturday when I did view the dying snake, I immediately drove straight to the same post office where I obtained the money order to cancel it, and they informed me a Mr. Joe Lesh already cashed it on December 2004. Yep, again Mr. Lesh lied and proved to be a fraud. Was his pretentious delay another criminal and sinister tactic by Mr. Lesh? Yep, and skillful at that.

Just per chance my statements are going to be discredited by Mr. Lesh or one of his cohort supporters or the speculative inquirers that have nothing better than to do than further bother a victim of a crime, I will save Mr. Lesh time and energy a provide a bit of verification of my honest words. Here is an email I sent to a friend on that same Wednesday night that substantiates some of my above statements.
Subj: ODD NIGHT
Date: 12/9/2004
To: FRIEND
XXXX I came home expecting to find the shipping information emailed to me from the guy with the coral, but found no emails from him. I called him and he said his account with Delta did not get active and he did not get to the computer or something today. Strike one for that bastard. Dan

By this time, I had given up on ever receiving a photo depicting the snake as I requested, and since Mr. Lesh said he WOULD HOLD my money order UNTIL I viewed the snake, and further that he did not even know when his account would be activated with Delta, it was not as vital anymore and I was personally sick and tired of asking him for something that took 2 minutes and had already decided that I would never buy another reptile from him again. Was it Mr. Leshe’s criminal intent and strategy to wear me out on the issue? Yep, its another strategy commonly practiced by expert criminals in this industry.

And two-days later, without even one days notification, Mr. Lesh emailed that he was shipping the snake that very day.
Date: 12/10/2004 12:08:47 PM Eastern Standard Time
Dan good news Delta finally E-mailed I can ship I will get em out today sorry again for the delay

Further, he proved to be forgetful or sloppy as he lost the shipping information that I sent him earlier.
Date: 12/10/2004 2:44:46 PM Eastern Standard Time
sure will can I get all your INFO again so I know what to put on the box and also which airport am I sending to again Thanks

Date: 12/10/2004
Joe, Daniel T. Scolaro XXXXXXXXXX Deerfield Beach, FL 33442 Phone: 954-426-8268
Will they call me when it arrives? Or what time is it expected to arrive or any number for me to call to track it? It is going to Fort Lauderdale International Airport. Dan

Date: 12/10/2004 3:10:02 PM Eastern Standard Time
I am leaving to ship in about 15 minutes will have all of your information for you around 6:00 could be a little later but not much I should have an arrival time for your flight an and will definitely have your tracking number then all you have to do is call your locale delta dash to track the package Thanks again

VERY IMPORTANT HERE:
Notice how below I inform Mr. Lesh that I desire to inspect the snake at the airport and Mr. Lesh DOES NOT respond.
Subj: Re: tracking #
Joe, OK thanks. Is the coral in a pillowcase so I can look at it at the airport or is it in a deli cup?
Dan

This was his NEXT email a few hours later and the only response to my inquiry about inspection was that he sent only tracking information, but did not inform as to whether the snake was bagged or in a deli cup.
Subj: tracking #
Date: 12/10/2004 8:44:36 PM Eastern Standard Time
1943 1495
Plane should already be in Atlanta I believe it will be in FL before midnight you can probably Pick it up early in the morning

Since Mr. Lesh did not respond, and ignored other inquiries that evening by email (oh, and isn’t is odd how when some dealer gets your money, they seemingly avoid or disappear away from their email or telephone one second after they send your package or you depart with the snake you purchased) I inquired to other venomous keepers that same evening, as I was not informed nor experienced with receiving a snake via Delta Dash. I learned from them that I had an opportunity to inspect the cargo and reject the contents if the snake was sick or dead. And just to save time for Mr. Lesh to contradict this statement, I will provide a copy of what I sent before I knew anything was the matter with this transaction. This following email will verify some of my statements above.
Subj: Re: ODD NIGHT
To: FRIEND
XXX yea, he said he was a delta shipper before but let his account expire and had a re-inspection a bit ago and his account was to be activated on Wednesday but the main headquarters did not get the report from the inspector or something. In either case, he should not be selling stuff that he cannot ship. Or, he should know someone with an account that he can utilize to ship if this crap happens and I am sure he does know someone but is too lazy to use them. Yep, its strike one that he sold stuff without being a shipper, its strike two that he did not ship when he said he would, its strike three when he did not take the initiative to email or call me that he did not ship as I told him that I was making arrangements to be out of town on Thursday, so he could then and I could pick it up on Friday as my weekend was busy with Christmas shopping. In either case, the guy is on my XXX list already. Bastard said he did not cash my money order just in case there are any problems with him getting his account established. It is criminal to take someone's money and not hold true on your end of the bargain. Much less I had to drive to the post office, wait an hour in that hellish line to get the money order in the first place. Yep, he is on my XXX list. Dan

Back to the inspection bit. I wanted to confirm I had this option. As such, I proceeded to telephone Delta Airlines the evening before I was to pickup the snake. I informed Delta my name and that I was anticipating receiving a shipment of a venomous snake the following day and was very interested to inspect the snake before accepting its delivery. Delta voiced that it was their policy to permit customers the privilege to inspect any shipment before they accept delivery, and after further discussions, informed that I had the right and opportunity to reject the shipment if its contents were damaged or sub substandard regardless if it was a snake or a rocking chair. Does Mr. Lesh want to contradict that statement and research my phone records to verify that telephone call? I bet not.

After I rejected the snake at the airport, I went home and telephoned Mr. Lesh several times and he continued to avoid answering his telephone. Since he was irresponsible to either answer his phone or make himself available to answer his phone, I emailed Mr. Lesh. Bear in mind, I was very angry at this point and maintained to keep cool about this situation. Also, bear in mind, I have viewed thousands of ill and sick snakes, and I knew that poor coral snake DID NOT simply dehydrate in the few hour flight from Mr. Lesh to my airport. Regardless, I’d driven two hours to view a dying snake and wasted a Saturday and figured since Mr. Lesh did not pickup his phone or be available by phone, and my money order was cashed against his solemn word, I figured he was robbing me of my money, and MUCH MORE, he misrepresented a dying snake for financial profit and I was unwillingly placed in a position to help the snake or let it die or get my money back. I did not wake that Saturday morning to be inundated with that kind of a problem. Here is my email to him:

Subj: SICK CORAL SNAKE
Date: 12/11/2004
Joe, how dare you send such an emaciated and deflated flaccid snake! You said the snake was healthy and strong and this snake looked like it was weeks away from dying. I opened the crate and viewed the snake at the Delta Cargo office. Amy the supervisor at the Delta Cargo was witness to this and witness to the sickened condition of the snake. I also took pictures of the snake clearly outlining its spine raised and Amy saw how spongy the snake felt and it did not move in its container unless I prodded it. I turned the snake over and it did not right itself for a few seconds. I demand that to send my $150.00 back immediately. If you do not respond to my phone calls or emails, then I will take action to ensure that you will not be able to deceive another customer again. Dan

Now, I would think a concerted reptile dealer who just shipped a snake could interpret that I was pissed and had viewed something other than what I expected and at least inquire as to what happened to the snake and offer an immediate refund and apology for my inconvenience. Nope. This crook Joe Lesh has a STEP-BY-STEP memorized process to dodge responsibility and screw his customers out of their money and time. Notice below Mr. Leshe’s LACK OF CONCERN OR ANY INQUIRY into the fact that I just informed him that the snake he sent was almost dead. Notice then his CON tactic to ask me to go back and pickup the snake. Notice how he attempts to twist things around and states that I am a good judge of animals suggesting I should have been able to tell from his photos the snake’s BAD condition. If he was ever right about anything in his life, that was it; I did notice the snakes’ bad condition and that is the only reason why I asked for additional photos. And based on his promise to not cash my money order, I trusted his word that I would be permitted to view the snake and be satisfied, implying a refund if not satisfied. I want to know where in his email below are the words from his previous email of November 28, 2004 where he states “it is in perfect health and shape though and I take great pride in selling only the highest quality animals to my customers I will not even put something on the market if I have the slightest worries about it's condition.” Where are those words now Mr. Lesh?

Subj: Re: SICK CORAL SNAKE
Date: 12/11/2004 12:20:25 PM Eastern Standard Time
Dan, I assure you that snake is healthy I sent you a PIC of the snake eating on Wednesday take it home and set it up I told you the snake was laid back and he's probably a little stressed from shipping but have a little faith in someone I know that snake left here in perfect apparent condition and eating PLEASE take it home set it up and feed it it is fine and active at night I mean no offense here and I trust you are a good judge of a healthy animal but I just want you to take the snake home see how it is and maybe you will see what I am talking about and I am sorry if you felt the snake was skinny but I sent you PICS of it on 2 occasions and I would think if it were that bad off you would have been able to tell and decide then if you didn't want it Thank you

As you perhaps can guess, I began to further my suspicion that Mr. Lesh was dodging his responsibilities and attempting to rob me, so I had to further bothered and waste my time to write and explain the condition of the snake and inform him of the legal action pending if he did not refund my money.
Joe, I am not going to argue the point OK, the snake had it spine showing above its skin, it felt like a soft sponge, and it did not turn over quickly and respond like a healthy snake.
I am not in the position to take in a sick snake and potentially expose its disease to my collection. Had you told me the snake was lethargic, skinny, and emaciated, I would not have been interested in the first place? And your PICS are blurry and no one including XXX could make a determination of its health from those pictures. Look, I have been doing reptiles for over 30 years. I have worked in reptile warehouses and have been responsible for the healthcare of thousands of reptiles under my supervision and direction and I have more knowledge than most reptile vets about the healthcare of snakes. That snake is not skinny because of lack of food. That snake has a parasite problem or a regurg problem, or a viral problem. None of which I plan to spend money on at this point during the Christmas season. And even the lady who worked at the Delta Cargo office felt the snake. It was like a limp like a piece of over cooked noodle in my hand and it was soft and very very dehydrated. Call her at that office, she tried to call you with me present but you did not answer the phone. Her name is Amy, and she has no experience with snakes, but she said that snake was sick according to her. Now I wasted my Saturday morning to drive an hour to the airport and an hour back, much less money on phone calls and time spent on emails and the such. You should offer to reimburse me for my phone calls, time and money for gasoline. I am not willing to consider picking that snake back up because that money was from my mother for my Christmas gift and I am not going to tell her I got a sick snake for her hard work. Please send my money back today in the mail and I will use my mother's Christmas money for a healthy snake. I do not wish to be bothered with the pursuit of my monies through filing complaints through Delta and the Post Office, the Board of Inquiry and the other agencies that investigate these matters of dissatisfaction. Dan

Below is a fine example of Mr. Leshe’s expertise with managing dissatisfied customers. Also notice how he still has yet, and NEVER has for one second, ever inquired about the condition of the snake, or what might have happened to the snake to make it not turn over or flaccid like a noodle or anything. And also notice how he never actually contradicts my assessment of the snake beyond a simple blurt that he sent a healthy snake. I mean if you send what you think is an apparently healthy snake, and the customer states it was skinny, sick, and dying, don’t you think a normal person with good intentions would inquire at least one bit about the snakes condition, temperature of the crate, anything? Or even express any concern about how to care for this dying snake if indeed was a surprise to the seller. Not this Joe Lesh fraud. And at this point, instead of him apologizing and informing that he will ship the snake back to himself and refund my money, he goes on the attack. He does not offer an exchange, credit, a different coral snake, nothing. He assumes the role of an attacker and attacks me and attempts to tell me that some irrelevant blither that I CHANGED MY MIND. Then he LIES again and states the snake is NOT SICK. He he has the gall to state he was SO NICE enough to hold the dying snake for me, and he was BURDENED to send me pictures when he was the crook who offered to send pictures in the FIRST PLACE and I never request them in the first place, and when he did send photos they intentionally were doctored to obscure the actual condition of the snakes flattened condition. What does he want for sending blurry photos, a medal? Oh, and now he does not want to be my FRIEND? Heartbreak is tough. How am I going to handle that?

Date: 12/11/2004 1:20:39 PM Eastern Standard Time
I am sorry no refund I sent the snake in healthy condition because you changed your mind for whatever reason the snake is not sick I will tell you that much I held that snake for you when others wanted it and I also went out of my way to send you PICS when it last ate so you could see it eat don't try to jerk me around man i thought you were a guy I could be friends with but it seems to me you don't obtain the type of temper I can deal with on a normal basis

My response at this point was to inform him again that he is going to face prosecution and inform him of the consequences if he did not know them already? At this point I was not actually sure I would carry through on my promises to report him, but I was angry as Mr. Lesh also did not know yet that I had earlier visited the post office and been notified he cashed my money order. I was waiting for him to respond otherwise but he did not.
Joe, you better be very careful who you try to scam in this business. I know a lot of people and every one of your references will be contacted and informed of your fraud. You better send me my money back today or I will work VERY hard to make sure you will be forever banned from selling reptiles and I WILL file a small claim against you requesting reimbursement of legal fees, travel, and other expenses. I have pictures of the sick snake, witnesses to it being sick, and you email that the snake was healthy. Now you better do what is right or else you will regret your attempt at thievery forever. Venomousreptiles.org has already been notified of your criminal acts and the post office has also, so you will not be able to cash another money order. Utilizing the internet to fraud people is a harsh crime and there are people out there that make a living off catching people like you. Send me my money or else I will be up there next week to file the small claims against you. Dan

Again, below, Mr. Lesh thwarts and ignores his responsibility and his response is now to point the finger and place blame on some signature? What a guy. Joe Lesh has no responsibility for sending a dying snake because he thinks he has a “legal leg” to stand on based on a signature that would stand up in court and relieve him of his responsibility and fraud. I gotta know? Who out there reading this mess is Mr. Leshe’s mentor? I bet I know who told him this bogus line of unlawful crap. The same guy who is nationally recognized for doing that same thing to many people as well as conning his customers out of money in his typical and routine fraudulent scam. I will not mention him now. Back to the issue, and then Mr. Lesh offers me a 25 dollars refund. He bids to further harass and bothered me to spend 75 dollars out-of-my- pocket to hope he sends a 100 dollar refund. That is a net refund of 25 dollars for me. Whoopee. I get 25 dollars for two trips to the airport, a wasted Saturday, and all this aggravation so far. And then he is so professional to follow offer of a refund with insults by inferring that I am scamming him? What a pleasant reptile dealer. This bum is sitting hundreds of miles away with my 150 dollars and I have nothing to show for it, and this bum states that I am scamming him? Mr. Lesh is also lying in his email below. I never for one second departed the airport and inspected the snake on their premises a few feet away from Delta’s dockworker and he already know that by now. And below he asks me to use his unlawful crate to ship his snake back to him? Entrap me in his sinister tactics? Not again.
Date: 12/11/2004 2:15:18 PM Eastern Standard Time
unfortunatly for you you purchased a animal that you are not happy with but you signed for it and got pictures of a healthy animal and recieved the same healthy animal I will not refund you your $150.00 you are the one here trying to scam someone if anything and to think you asked me to cover some of the shipping which I did I should have never done it and then you Picked the animal up from the airport signed for it and left then came back with the box and left a living creature at a airport shipping is part of your cost if you no longer want the animal you need to ship it back to me at your cost and I will refund the money for the snake ONLY $100.00 and that is all

Again, I catch wind of his criminal tactics and waste time to inform him about it.
Joe, I sense your trying to pull the "old well you signed for it crap" like I have seen a thousand other con artists do. Listen very very very very clearly my friend; I have been involved in the reptile trade for 30 years. I have seen your type of scam not dozens of times, but hundreds of times. I know your tactics and know where your aiming from the more you talk and the more you write. You think that all because you can get someone to sign for something that the act of a signature alleviates you from all responsibility. And you go away laughing with some victim's money? Since you though of that, have you though that if the person who handed me the airway bill was questioned in court, would he or she state that they watched me and were witness to me reading the airway bill before signing it about the condition of the item being in good order, that they would say yes, that he read that information before signing it? No, no one reads that crap and that is why these receipts NEVER hold up in court. Ever watch Judge Judy? You should.
Well, I do not know what information you have tried to regurg or mistranslate, but I will tell you this. This morning I took with me three different size screwdrivers and made sure to get my digital camera just in case you sent a sick snake. I drove right up to the Delta Cargo loading dock and I approached the Delta Cargo office and signed a delta air waybill and a man handed me a box. I told him that I was going to open the box in my vehicle and inspect the health of the venomous snake. He said OK. I went to my vehicle took out the screwdriver and opened the box on the dock of Delta Cargo only feet from their door. Upon seeing the snakes’ spine, I took off the tape on the container. I opened the container and picked up the snake and it was limp in my hand. I placed it back into the tupperware and took a series of pictures of the snake, to include shots of its flattened appearance and skinny spine. I then poked the snake and it did not move like a snake should. I was very disappointed in the condition of the snake. Not only was is a rare and beautiful animal, someone used its sickened and dying body for financial gain. Within one minute of signing the airway bill and receiving the snake, I went back to the man and told him that I did not want to accept the snake, as it was sick. He told me to see Amy the supervisor inside the office. I went to the office and informed Amy that I was not going to accept the snake. I explained to her that the snake looked sick and was weak and not the product that I was told it would be. Amy said that she would help me but I already signed for the snake. I told her that I don't care, I was not going to accept the shipment as I was not signing to receive a healthy snake and I was fraud to send 150.00 dollars for a healthy snake and this one was sick. I asked Amy if she would verify that the snake was sick and she said would view it and verify my determination. I took the coral snake out with my hand and held it in my hand as if was a limp noodle and the snake did not move. I poked it and at the same time asked her to see if the snake would move and it did not move. I asked Amy to watch my finger as I pointed to show her the detail of the skinny spine area. And then I asked her to watch closely as I pressed lightly with my fingers on its side to show her in detail how the impressions did not go firm again and I showed her how limp the snake was and put it on the counter upside down and it did not move for a minute and then it slowly turned over. After Amy saw how sick the snake was, she picked up the telephoned and called your telephone number. No answer. I called your number with my cell phone, no answer. Amy then telephoned her supervisor and I listened as she informed the supervisor of the issue. As Amy was speaking and explaining the situation, I was putting in the screws into the crate and Amy informed her supervisor that I had placed the snake back in the crate and it was screwed shut. Amy put down the phone and told me that she was sorry what happened to me and Delta would accept the crate back and ship the snake back to you and bill your account. And I am sure Amy will provide a letter stating these facts that she witnessed so I could use it in court. Be sure of it. I know dozens of people who deal with Delta Cargo and their staff, so be sure that I will get a factual letter of events that took place at that office this morning. Now again, I do not want to argue the point any further. I have done 20 years in the military and I apologize if I am a bit inpatient with people who send something other than what they ordered and then the seller tried to duck and negotiate a deal. Do you know that you wasted my day with this crap, not only that, you could have been medicating that snake in your care and hopefully it might pull through. And if your serious about being in the reptile business in the future as a hobby or as a business, you should know better that if a customer does not get what they expect, you either refund their money or send a healthy specimen, cut and dry, no excuse, no blaming the he signed this or he signed that crap, just do what is right and your business with prosper and if you do not do what is right, someone might make it impossible for you to never do business again. Or even worse, set you up in the future or damage your business five years from now. But please do not take that as a threat, it is only what I have seen done to other people in the business and I do not wish you to think I would do that. Now you have made me waste half an hour to write this letter and recapture moments that are pissing me off instead of spending time with my family. Again, I ask you to send the $150.00 and I will leave you alone. If you are so confident in the health of the snake, then I cannot see your resistance with receiving it back, so your resistance makes no sense? If you have the time and luck you might be able to save it and fatten it up and sell it for more money, but since I have a ton of experience with snakes, I can tell you that if I though for ONE second that the coral snake was skinny from lack of food, then I would have taken it. Its skinny appearance plus a flaccid flat appearance with a soft body tells and weak nature tells me that there is more to this snake then just lack of food. And believe me, I am a big softy when it comes to taking care of other people’s pets and I often spend a lot of my time helping hundreds of people with the healthcare of their pets. However I am not confident that the snake is going to ever live. And let just say for ****s and kicks that the snake somehow was dehydrated in the shipping container and the heat or cold injured the snake. In either case, it was received in a skinny dehydrated condition and that condition was verified by the shipper of all people, and you should refund the money or send another replacement. However such, I am not willing to accept a replacement because whatever disease that coral snake has, it had an opportunity to be near your collection, so I do not want to risk that. Again, please send me my $150.00 dollars today. I do not want to have to be burdened with this problem any further. Dan

This sage started to change from a refund to a more interesting situation where I could not understand how Mr. Lesh could not see his fault in the matter. I began to think this kid either is stupid or an expert criminal or was somehow misinformed by his reptile lawyers regarding the law. Read below how he takes my “fatherly” and concerned advice and then he bids to respond to further tell lies and tell his customer (me) who feels bad about a dying snake to “suck it up.”
Date: 12/11/2004 3:39:48 PM Eastern Standard Time
I told you if you pay the shipping I would refund you $100.00 FOR THE SNAKE but I talked to a few of the other distributors and they all laughed when I mentioned your name and said they wouldn't do business with you in the first place as you are to anal about the quality of your animals also I checked into what I would be held responsible for and nothing really as we never made any kind of garuntee the snake was shipped to you in good quality and was seen by more then one person who felt it was in good health you need to just suck it up and go get your new snake or ship it back to me at your cost and I will refund you $100.00

Please keep in mind, at this point, I wanted to do more than hug him for his false accusations. I tried to keep as cool as possible.
Joe, see you in court. Wear a tie. It might help convince the judge your more than a fraud. Have not experienced any bad dealings with anyone so do not know what you are talking about. Only had one bad experience with some guy and that is all and I learned he is a fraud like you, so perhaps you should move in together. Do not email me again. Again, wear a tie in court. Dan

Again, I cannot envision someone like Mr. Lesh in the business of reptiles and have the responsibility of caretaker of reptiles with his obvious pointing the finger attitude. Either he fell on his head as a child or he did not see the light and this sage became less of a quest for a refund and more of an understanding of how this kid thinks he can operate a reptile business. As such, I thought if he viewed the evidence I had against him, he would wake up. I send him the photo of the snake depicting its fold of skin down its back hoping he will not waste my time any further emails or email efforts on my part.
Subj: EVIDENCE-PICS
File: C:\My Documents\My Pictures\Coral snake sick1 (312472 bytes) DL Time (49333 bps): < 2 minutes
Joe, look at this PIC. The fold of skin that starts behind his head and runs down its back. How dare you send a snake in this condition! How dare you try to profit from this poor dying snake. You ought to be ashamed of yourself much less imprisoned for fraud. Look at its sickening wide spread curl. This PIC is going to be distributed EVERYWHERE soon if you do not send my $150.00 dollars back right away, like today. And I mean EVERYWHERE AND TO EVERYBODY. To people you know that you don't even know I know. I have more pics, want to see them? Snake upside down pic is a good one. Dan

Again, I contact him about some help I sought to assist me.

Subj: GIVE ME BACK MY MONEY!
Date: 12/13/2004
Joe, I contacted XXXXX of the XXX and asked him to help me get the refund of the 150 dollars you owe me. I believe that XXX sent the photo of that coral snake for an independent evaluation to a person named Tanith Tyrr of Snake Getters www.snakegetters.com. I did not know who this Tanith Tyrr person is but apparently she is a vet technician or someone who knows a lot about the healthcare of a snake, much less I learned today that she is a well-known venomous reptile hobbyist. Remember, I did not know this person before, so here is her non-basis opinion. Here are written words and evaluation from the picture: "the snake is dehydrated as well as malnourished"
Now look at that photo I sent you of that coral snake and zoom in on its back and neck region. See that line of folded skin there? That is a sick animal my boy - no bones about it. Now here are your words about the snake.

”I can try to take PICS in that way tonight when I get to the house will send em tomorrow to ya it is in perfect health and shape though and I take great pride in selling only the highest quality animals to my customers I will not even put something on the market if I have the slightest worries on its condition so I guess that is why I am so sensitive to peoples input my camera is ok but by far not the best LOL Thank you”

Did I not make it clear to you via email and on the phone that I wanted a healthy animal and you knew I had a large collection of animals and I did not want to mix something even potentially sick or suffering from dehydration or of malnutrition in my collection. If you are serious about this snake business and being in the business in the future, then what the heck were you thinking to send me this snake in this condition? I told you over and over that I did not want something even appearing to the slightest degree not healthy. How long have you kept snakes? Hot keepers typically have a ton of experience with snakes. Am I too assume that you are so inexperienced to not know that this snake is ill, dehydrated and malnourished? And what about that substrate you had it on in the deli cup? Pine or aspen shavings? Corals stay on mulch or moss or dry out and die. Your picture of it feeding had it on shavings? Did you keep it on that stuff? Well now we all know why it was so dehydrated because of your husbandry practices. Now if you were smart, you should have offered the snake as a skinny specimen with some work to be done on it for 50 bucks and see who would help you with that deal and buy the snake. Or better, keep it yourself and fatten it up and sell it the right way. I contacted the Delta Cargo Office today to file a complaint today however they said that they cannot do anything about you and informed me to contact USDA and your Wildlife Agency. They also CONFIRMED my rejection of the shipment of that snake in their computer and also informed me that you (Joe Lesh) made arrangements to pick up the sick coral snake. Who did you have pick it up? Keep in mind that I do not want a rehabilitated snake, I wanted the long-term captive that was as healthy as we agreed in the terms of my purchase.
NOW THAT YOU HAVE THE SNAKE BACK IN YOUR CUSTODY OR THE CUSTODY OF YOUR REPRESENTATIVE, I WANT MY MONEY BACK. And to your blabbing email refusing to refund my money was funny to say the least. I have an impeccable record of snake purchases and never complained to anyone about a snake’s condition and I am not picky as you translated words from XXXXX. I pay for the animal based on its condition, period. And on that note, be very careful what you decide in this situation. All who you think are your friends are going to simply give you advice to see you fail as you are their competition, much less it is human nature to see and create problems for other people to watch them struggle harder than themselves, so expect the advice you get to lead you further down the hill if you ask the wrong person. And that person can be someone very close to you, as human nature has no boundaries. Tomorrow I am sending out numerous letters of complaint requesting a detailed and in-depth investigation about your advertising a snake, fraud for misrepresenting it condition in the terms of the sale, and then shipping a dehydrated and sickened snake for financial gain. Along with those letters will accompany copies of your emails describing the snake healthy in the terms of your sale, pictures of the sickened snake, and your emails refusing to refund my money. Among the dozen letters I will send will be to Mr. Frampton of the South Carolina Department of Natural Resources, the Director of the Florida Fish and Wildlife Game Commission, the Post Office General since you cashed my Postal Money Order using fraud, and the Federal Communication Commission to investigate your Internet fraud for misrepresenting the snake you sold. That is just a few of them. I am also going to the Court House and have to fork out monies to file a small claim against you. And of course you will be found liable in this case, and since you will be found liable for your misrepresentation of the snake, you will be required to reimburse me for the filing fee and any travel expenses I have to incur to proceed with this small claim. AGAIN, SEND ME MY MONEY NOW. If you wait any longer and bother me to proceed with the arduous task of reporting you, then that will not be nice, and I may not respond nicely. And I will proceed with the Court case even if it is to gather the court cost fees and anything less then the 150 dollars you owe me even if it is a dime and I get it the day before court. Dan

Again, read how Mr. Lesh lies in the post below and how he makes a false statement that I informed the airport to throw away the snake. That is not true. What is factual is that when I was examining the snake with the Delta supervisor, I turned the snake over on the counter and when it could not simply turn itself over and jerked in a sickening manner to to right itself, I made the remark to Delta that the snake is so near death that it needs to be frozen or thrown in the garbage as it was going to die no matter what anyone could do with it. Further, when Mr. Lesh refused to answer his phone after Delta tried numerous times, the Supervisor asked me what she was going to do with the crate and snake, as Mr. Lesh refused to answer his phone, and even the Delta supervisor knew I was being robbed and she knew that Mr. Lesh would not want to pay 75 dollars to send that dying snake back to himself. I told her to throw it away unless she can find someone who can care for it, and that was all I said. And I did not mean it, but considering I figured I was out 150 bucks and drove to the airport, I was quite calm actually. And Mr. Lesh states below that he is telling me that he “told” the airport that the snake was in my possession? Who is he kidding? At the time and date of his email below the snake was at Delta. What does he mean? The airport personnel are sitting there with the snake at this point in his email and he knows that. Who does he think he is kidding? He knows that Delta’s official records recorded my rejection of the snake. Is he trying to ignore my email that I told him I was going to inspect the snake? Yep, ignorance is the criminals’ best defense, however does not hold up in the court. Mr. Lesh also tells another lie. He never offered me a refund. He only offered me a partial refund of 25 dollars.
Subj: Re: GIVE ME BACK MY MONEY!
Date: 12/13/2004 8:33:04 PM Eastern Standard Time
sorry no way I talked to the airport who "he said just throw the snake away we thought we better call you before we sent it to XXX and I said the snake was your possession and so the airport gave the snake to XXX I did not retake possession on this animal it was in your possession when you told the airport to throw it away and I offered you a refund of the money for the snake if you shipped it back which is by all means fair Thank you

Again, I waste my time to affirm my position against this criminals blither and try to paint a picture that he is guilty as sin but he does not get it or criminally does not care..
Subj: Re: GIVE ME BACK MY MONEY!
Date: 12/13/2004
Joe, You’re going to let your greed and dissatisfaction over 150 bucks and the loss of that snake take you all the way down my son. I think I can figure out what happened here. You refused to permit them to send the snake back to you, so either you recommended XXX to them or they contacted XXX and XXX picked up the snake. You better check with Delta again. I spoke with Kathy the Manager of Delta Cargo at the Fort Lauderdale Airport this afternoon at 4:30 PM and took down complete details of this incident. Kathy informed me that the snake was logged into their computer as inspected and rejected by the receiver (me) as accomplished that Saturday morning despite that I mistakenly signed the form as received because the supervisor on duty, Amy knew I signed the form without reading the small print first. And Amy knew that I opened the box with a screwdriver on their dock at their warehouse and the snake was given back to them within 3 minutes of me being handed the box. Did you know that their warehouse worker was witness to me opening the box with a screwdriver? Further, did you know that I presented myself at first to that same warehouse worker, not at the office where the form was? Do you know that I asked that same warehouse worker for the box and informed him that I wanted to inspect the contents of the box despite it was a venomous snake and would do it outside so he had to not be concerned? Did you know that? He told me to see Amy before he could give me the box. This was all before I signed that form. And did you know that Amy and I had a discussion about that particular subject? About how she should have informed me to inspect the contents before permitting me to sign the form? Do you know that it is against any regulations to allow anyone to sign a form they did not read and then holding try to hold them to it? What do you know? That is why they accepted my rejection of the shipment. They did what was legal. And are you nuts to think you can hide the facts that you misrepresented the condition of the snake to fraud someone to send you 150 dollars for your product? Are you that ill? You either are blind or need to take a long nap and wake up. I mean are you so bent up and bent that you are willing to fraud me about the condition of a snake and then refuse to give me back the money my mother gave me for a Christmas present to buy that snake? Are you nuts? Don't you recall my email the night before you shipped when I asked if you put the snake in a pillowcase so I could inspect at the airport? Now how can you from where you are sitting be able to reach into my computer and change my email of December 10, 2004, when I informed you that I was going to inspect the snake at the airport.

Subj: Re: tracking #
Date: 12/10/2004 8:56:23 PM Eastern Standard Time
Joe, OK thanks. Is the coral in a pillowcase so I can look at it at the airport or is it in a deli cup? Dan

Below is my notification to Mr. Lesh that his snake died.
Subj: GIVE ME MY MONEY
Date: 1/14/2005
Joe, your coral snake died today. You better send me my 150 bucks back or you will regret it for the rest of your life. Dan

Below, Mr. Lesh continues to thwart and assumes no responsibility and/or customer service and has the gall to infer it picked up a disease at my house or the airport.
Subj: Re: GIVE ME MY MONEY
Date: 1/14/2005 1:35:31 PM Eastern Standard Time
Dan, Please I feel terrible for the whole situation but the snake left my house eating fine and everything else was fine you claimed it was skinny I admit it may have been a little dehydrated from shipping but I cannot account for how it has been for the last month now that you have had it in your possession you have not kept me up to date you apperently went to XXX and picked the animal up which being that I have not heard from you in the last few weeks I was not aware of any conditions it may have had or could have contracted over this time period even from being left at the airport in south florida for hours

Again, I try to reason with and educate this ignorant criminal.
File: C:\My Documents\My Pictures\Coral Snake Dead 2 (406518 bytes) DL Time (49333 bps): < 2 minutes
Joe, I do not know if you’re either money hungry or stupid. Don't you realize that if I complain to the proper authorities, they will shut you down and not permit you to make any further Internet advertisements? Are you that blind or naive? Don't you know that I will meet you one day and drag the money out of your pockets? Are you a bad ass that thinks you’re invincible? Better live another 20 years and rethink that. Think because you’re a 10-hour drive from me that you’re untouchable? Or are your so-called buddies and cohorts patting you on the back only to see you fail? What is wrong with you? You would rather keep 150 dollars and loose thousands of dollars in the future and get a bad name in the business over a few bucks? Like I said, I know you knew the snake was sick, Tanith and XXXX verified that it was sick. I have the entire crew at XXXX that said it was sick and dying, and dozens of friends and very well known associates in the business have viewed the snake in person and said it was sick and dying. You want their testimonies on the Board of Inquiry? You want this dead snake to be sent to the proper authorities? You stole my money and sent a sick and dying snake, plain and simple, and your misleads to thwart the facts about the transaction only further support and provide evidence that you are a crook that does not stand behind your product. You have a choice, either refund my money or face the FBI and the other proper authorities that will shut you down. And its not a maybe situation, you will be shut down. Not this month, but within six months. Are you blind? And if your hoping they won't shut your down or you are naive to believe that you can skirt the charges. If so, then you’re only kidding yourself. Do you know that the box you sent violates the Lacy Act in a dozen ways? Do you know that when I send that crate box to Delta with a complaint, they will terminate your account the same day? I mean are you ignoring this or are you so used to screwing people out of their money that it does not phase you. Perhaps your warped but you better wake up and smell the coffee. I mean, your asking for it? What the heck is wrong with you? Personally, the money is not the issue. You should not be permitted to have access to fraud other customers, and I will work for months if not years to follow you to make sure you do not steal another person's money. And believe me, you will pay in one way or the other for the time and effort you have situated me to waste my time and take care of you. Dan

Joe, I forgot, I will still owe you a good one for exposing my collection to a deadly disease. And all the wholesalers will get a picture of your dead snake so they know what to do with you when you call for an order. Good luck with your future you stinking criminal. See you at the Columbia show soon. Dan

Note below how he mistakenly ADMITS that the snake was an import vice a long-term captive as he said it was earlier.
Date: 1/14/2005 2:42:48 PM Eastern Standard Time
Dan, I am sorry that you feel I did you wrong but I sold you a IMPORT and you were completely aware of this and the risk at hand I sold you a animal that was doing very well for me and I have heard you keep your animals very well and I have to say I believe it but as I have said in the past and I am saying again I offered you a $100.00 refund if you shipped the "sick" animal back to me and you refused so now you have no chance it has been a month and I only guarantee live arrival now as far as threatening me goes what are you going to beat me up is that what you are trying to say I will see you I guess at the columbia show and you will still receive no refund oh and if you give me a hard time I will have the security for the show ask you to leave I am not a crook and have no intention to be one you are the only customer I have ever had a hard time with and really all my other customers have been quite satisfied I am asking you nicely to please leave me alone

Joe, wow, you continue to lie. You said the snake was a long term captive from someone you knew. Now you say it was an import. Interesting. Better get your story straight for the federal investigators as I still have all your emails, especially the one where you refuse to take the snake back and said yourself that you have no guarantees. I think the public should know you have no guarantees. Was not sure, but glad to know you will be at the show. See you there. Oh, and my friend will have that coral snake with your name on his table at the Daytona Show, so come and see it in person. Dan

Joe, and what drives me and make me mad is not that you wasted my time with phone calls and emails, not that you shipped a sick snake in a crate that violates the Lacy Act, not that you refused to take back the snake, not that you misrepresented the snake and used fraud to steal my money, not that you refused to give a refund. It's THAT you utilized the body of a poor and defenseless and sickened creature for financial gain and profit, and THAT you should have either frozen the snake and put it out of its misery, or brought it to a vet, or medicated it yourself, and/or at least should have done the best you could for the sake of that poor animals life. Now that pisses me off. And you made a big mistake pissing off someone who cares about animals like I do. I will do it for the simple sake to ensure that you cannot do that again to another creature, then that will fuel my engine to stop you. Ever hear or know about the role of USDA in these issues? You will learn soon enough. Dan

Date: 1/14/2005 3:01:48 PM Eastern Standard Time
wow maybe you should learn what abbreviations mean L.T.C means Long Term Captive been in captivity since it was imported at least a few months before I received it and was definatly feeding and doing apperantly well not a perfect C.B. specimen I also had the animal in my facility for about 2 weeks before I shipped it to you both weeks it fed for me on F/T snakes and I have PICS to prove it I have asked you once and will ask again please leave me alone I don't need to play childish games with you

Joe, leave you alone? You must be nuts you criminal. Give me my money back and I will consider leaving you alone. Delete my emails if you do not want to open them. I will not leave you alone. You going to be contacted by the FBI next week, so tell them to leave you alone. And what are you saying about abbreviations? I said that you told me the snake was a long term captive and now you tell me it was an import and then you email that LTC means long term captive? What is your point? Has nothing to do with fraud and misrepresenting a snake does it? I think I will attach your email about how healthy the snake when it is displayed in Daytona. Oh, and your non-guarantee for your products. Dan

Now he attempts to deny that his box in the photo does not violate the Lacy Act.
Date: 1/14/2005 3:03:06 PM Eastern Standard Time
my box was fine leave me alone before I press harassment charges against you

Date: 1/14/2005 3:21:47 PM Eastern Standard Time
no I am telling you that long term captives are imports and I will be glad to talk to the FBI next week no problem I did nothing wrong now please do not respond to this just call the FBI tell them to give me a call whatever you feel you need to do your petty threats hold no value with me I have heard about your threats before

Joe, I do not have to speak to the FBI. What makes me pissed and what will be your demise is that I now have to waste my time and file an official complaint to them and five other agencies and the FBI and those agencies will investigate the matter and they will call me and they will also contact you. I am not threatening you, I am just telling you what is going to be done. And it will be done, no threats. If you perceive it as a threat, then perhaps I should not have informed you of it but it is advisable to warn vendors that you will take action if your a dissatisfied customer, and I am. And if your satisfied that your right about the subject, then that is your misconception, not mine nor the reality of everyone who viewed that sick snake. And I have not threatened anyone before so I do not know what you talking about, although I have had another criminal like you under surveillance by fish and game officers inspecting shipments and perhaps setting him up for a sting because he did send hots via UPS. By the way, I am not an informer to fish and game, however I do have good long-term friends and relations with their top officers as I did help them on several investigations into stolen snakes and people who were bitten by venomous snakes. Dan

Subj: FBI
http://www.ifccfbi.gov/index.asp
Wow, it is more convenient then I thought. Perhaps you should attach this link to the rest of the snakes you sell. They are going to need it.

Subj: YOUR NEXT ON THE BOI
Date: 1/22/2005
YOUR NEXT ON THE BOI MY FRIEND.

Subj: Re: YOUR NEXT ON THE BOI
Date: 1/22/2005 2:37:29 PM Eastern Standard Time
go for it

I will but need to gather statements from people who saw the dying snake. FBI contacted you yet?

Date: 1/22/2005 2:51:37 PM Eastern Standard Time
no FBI and I already have a lineup of customers who seen the animal eat 2 days before I shipped

Who gives a crap that it ate? What does that have to do with the snake dying? Heck, it will only prove that you obtained a witness to see it eat because you knew it was sick and was going to try this "well it ate" crap later. Who do you think your going to fool with that excuse. Oh, XXX who runs those shows knows about the deal also. That snake ate for me also, so who cares? You sent a dying animal, refused to take it back, offered no guarantee, and robbed me of my 150 bucks, and made me waste time sending letters to the FBI, Post Office, Delta, and other agencies on you. I mean, you gotta be blind. I have Tanith's vet assessment of the snake. I have several reputable witness that saw the snake and will testify that it was dying, I have many photos of the snake the day I received it, I have photos and the box that you shipped it in which violates the Lacy Act. Heck, I have the dead snake. Are you willing to open your mouth so wide and pay for a necropsy and have me place the report under your name on the BOI? Just look at that SERPENTBOY post who sent that guy a sick snake and it died days later. Do you think your case or you are any different from him? Nope. Are you that blind to want your entire future reputation tarnished over 150 bucks? I guess so.

Oh, and by the way, I am going to get the results of the several agencies investigations and then make the BOI post and watch you bicker with excuses and then afterward post the findings of the reports. Its going to be fun if anything.

Mr. Lesh either is deft to thwart any responsibility or perhaps the dumbest reptile businessman I met. Perhaps he is so used to criminal methods and mannerisms that he does not give a rat’s ass who he hurts or robs? Not only is he a menace to society and a threat to the public and shipping personnel, as he will indeed misrepresent and fraud another customer and utilize these same criminal techniques that he has not mastered yet to either scam other customers out of their money, or aggravate other customer to settle of something less than what they spent money on. Mr. Lesh will continue to risk people’s health with his unlawful packing methods. And in addition, he will continue to house snakes on inappropriate substrates and therefore risk and further harm the animals under his care.

Mr. Leshe’s resistance to provide a refund, credit, another snake, and his skirting responsibility of his snakes based on a signature on a receipt is only further evidence that his industry has to wash itself before lawmaker read this type of complaint and do it for us. In spite that I warned Mr. Lesh and the owner of the website that I will complain to lawmaker, they did not care one bit and bid to ignore this problem bidding further to pressure me to do so, and I have done so. There is no room in this hobby for Mr. Lesh and he needs to be ousted from the business before he continues to fraud and rob people and/or he kills or maims someone with his unlawful packing methods.

Old 02-06-2005, 09:30 PM   #3
BryonsBoas
I don't see

that animal being healthy when it was put in that box. I know regurging can take quite a bit out of an animal but that just doesn't look right. I hope you get your refund but it could be considered a civil matter. The issue of how the animal was shipped could be another matter all together.

Was that the only insulation in the box?

Old 02-06-2005, 09:52 PM   #4
Dan Scolaro
Byron: Wow, someone actually had the guts to read all of that above stuff and not turn it off. Congrats.

I also have a picture of the snake when I inspected it at the airport and will attach it soon. I just want to see how far Joe Lesh will go to tell further lies about its condition or thward to con the interested readers that he did not know better before I attach that picture which clearly outlines the ridge of folded skin on the snakes backbone. I even sent it to Mr. Lesh and said "look at the line of skin on its back, do not pull this crap." He did and had no reservations about it and only wanted my money to open his own reptile store, that is all.

As to the insulation, that was it, but when he shipped, it was a warm week in December, so the temperatures were not an issue at the time. There was some paper and a pillowcase and the snake was not rocking around in the crate if that is what your asking. And the only issue about shipping is that the poor snake needed a vet vice an airline trip at the time.

Old 02-06-2005, 10:17 PM   #5
BryonsBoas
What I meant was..

If he followed all the guidelines required for shipping venomous. I've recieved animals via Delta Dash but none were " hots " so a simple plywood box with ventilation and screwed together was fine. A thrown together box for a hot is not fine. At least he didn't send it USPS.

Old 02-06-2005, 10:23 PM   #6
hunterjackson
This really upsets me. I hate seeing snakes in horrible shipping condition shipped! I live in Columbia, SC ...is there anything i can do?

Old 02-06-2005, 10:39 PM   #7
Dan Scolaro
Bryon: Mr. Lesh violated evey specific regulation when it came to shipping venomous via airlines as mentioned in one of the many pages in my post.

And I am not making this post on any basis he violated the law about shipping as that was a side issue actually. What was more important is that Mr. Lesh said he had a prize specimen, and he sent a dying snake, and then ran away with my money and told me to suck it up.

Personally, even the money is not important as I do not even want a dime from him.

What is important is that future customers have access to this information before making a purchase from him.

Old 02-06-2005, 10:43 PM   #8
Dan Scolaro
Hunter, thanks for the offer, but I guess the only thing you can do is keep this in mind and extend yourself when you can to help another animal that is neglected and needs your assistance and help prevent this from happening to someone else.

Dan

Old 02-06-2005, 10:53 PM   #9
SPZOOLOGICAL
Have you phoned or e-mailed Joe to let him know about this thread?

Old 02-06-2005, 11:02 PM   #10
Dan Scolaro
Sean: Yes, I have emailed Mr. Lesh a link to the post just minutes after it was presented on the this forum. He needs much time to gather and "line up" his friends to say they saw the snake eat and then they will all attack me like he did.

Dan

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!