ididit... put your money where your mouth is - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > SOUND OFF!!!

Notices

SOUND OFF!!! Ever have something REALLY bugging you and nowhere to vent about it? Well, this is the place. It does not have to be fauna oriented at all! Get it off your chest right here.

Old 08-29-2010, 03:18 AM   #1
Southern Wolf
ididit... put your money where your mouth is

Ok MR "I have shot more images than you dream about and make a lot of money doing it."

To the staff.... please let this ride. I honestly want to see what Mr Big shot can do.

Time to nutt up or shut up. You wanna run your mouth in the BOI thread about things you know absolutely nothing about (ME). All you see is that I run a reptile breeding business. You know nothing about my photography background or my abilities. You ASSUMED you were better than me because you say your shooting professionally and that you have been shooting for 18 years.

I got my first 100% manual SLR at age 14 and I learned how to shoot with it.... back then we didnt have the dials on top of the camera to change apature... you used the apature ring on the lens. You either got it right... or you didnt get it... you weren't erasing the film and trying over. You developed it and learned from your mistakes. I am now 37 and by my calculations... Thats 23 years. Ummmmm isn't that longer than 18 years.

You wanna boast about your photography.... lets see it!!!! I'll put mine up against you any day! You wanna talk about me being the one with the ego problems.... I never once mentioned how much money I make at my photography and how Im supposed to be sooooooo great at it. Your the one pumping out your chest.

You wanna boast about your zoo shots.... I shoot almost exclusively wild (but I do have a few zoo shots). The only thing between me and my subject is air and the camera lens.

Here.... I'll start

Oh ... I know... you'll say I crop my photos to get that close. Think again!!!!

Once again.... .nothing but lens and air

Guess what.... I still haven't made it to the zoo shots. Still nothing between my subject but lens and air.... and on this morning... it was chilly air.

And aside from the border and the name at the bottom... there is ABSOLUTELY NO PROCESSING on this image. That was all done setting apature and shutter speed.

Do you know how hard it is to catch a hummingbird moth in mid flight? If you blink they have moved.

And I guess I'll throw in a zoo shots for ya.

So you wanna run your mouth.... lets see what you got.

Old 08-29-2010, 03:31 AM   #2
Jadenkisses
Kevin, your photographs are absolutly breathtaking! Beautiful work! And I really love the photo of that cobra with it's mouth open and it's Jacobsons organ gaping.
Of course I love the ones of the wolves.
And I commend you for your bravery - for getting that close to get those shots! I mist say they are well worth it!
I don't think "ididit" has got anything on you, but let's just see if he actually tries to post some pictures to compete with you.

Old 08-29-2010, 03:37 AM   #3
Southern Wolf
I sent him a link to this thread... .I really want to see what Mr. Big Shot has. In the BOI thread... he wanted to talk about how many photos he's taken... last time I had to upgrade photography drives... I had over 25,000 images to copy over.... and I still have a great majority of those that I need to process because I shoot in RAW... which I can only assume that he does as well. RAW files are like a digital negative. JPG's are processed & compressed by your camera.

Old 08-29-2010, 04:18 AM   #4
bigtiger
I am pretty much a newbie to fauna..but those pictures are stunning.You have a talent(and stones) to take those shots.

Very good work.

Old 08-29-2010, 05:03 AM   #5
Clay Davenport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadenkisses View Post
Kevin, your photographs are absolutly breathtaking! Beautiful work! And I really love the photo of that cobra with it's mouth open and it's Jacobsons organ gaping.
That is the glottis gaping, the cobra is inhaling. The Jacobson's (aka vomeronasal) organ is located in the roof of the mouth.

Amazing pictures Kevin. I've always admired skilled photographers because I am not one. Maybe one day I'll finally find the time to start improving my limited abilities in that area.

Old 08-29-2010, 07:53 AM   #6
deborahbroadus
1, 2, 3, 4...I declare a photo war!

Since it will bring out more of Kevins pictures, we will be the winners no matter who emerges triumph!

Old 08-29-2010, 08:44 AM   #7
crissabella
Your pictures are absolutely stunning!! I know that your photography is something that you take very seriously, but it's also something that is close to your heart.
You do not brag, in anyway, about your skills, how long you've been doing it, or if you make a ton of money doing it.

Lets see if Mr Ididit comes forward with some of his work and see if he can "put up, or shut up"

And a word of advice to Mr Ididit, be prepared to back up your words, because you never know when someone will ask for proof.

Old 08-29-2010, 11:26 AM   #8
Southern Wolf
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtiger View Post
I am pretty much a newbie to fauna..but those pictures are stunning.You have a talent(and stones) to take those shots.

Very good work.
Thank you. I have put in alot of years to get to where I am now.... and everytime I pick up the camera... I still try to improve or try new things.

Old 08-29-2010, 11:31 AM   #9
Southern Wolf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Davenport View Post
That is the glottis gaping, the cobra is inhaling. The Jacobson's (aka vomeronasal) organ is located in the roof of the mouth.

Amazing pictures Kevin. I've always admired skilled photographers because I am not one. Maybe one day I'll finally find the time to start improving my limited abilities in that area.
While I dont think the technical side of this photo is that great.... I cant toss it because of its composition. This was the ONLY shot of the shoot where I was able to catch the spit. And I had my cam on burst shooting at 4 frames per second.

Old 08-29-2010, 11:52 AM   #10
deborahbroadus
Quote:
Originally Posted by RidgeTop Reptiles View Post
While I dont think the technical side of this photo is that great.... I cant toss it because of its composition. This was the ONLY shot of the shoot where I was able to catch the spit. And I had my cam on burst shooting at 4 frames per second.

Harald taught me all he knows...I need a new teacher.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!