For those who went, how did u like NARBC? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 09-11-2005, 12:48 AM   #1
thesnakecharmer
For those who went, how did u like NARBC?

Hey everyone!
Just thought I would start a thread discussing the show.

I really enjoyed it. It was quite large and I got to hang out with some of the forum members, which made me happy . . I didn't get to go to the wedding because I had to study, but I spent 7 hours roaming around with Nancy, trying to refrain from buying more animals than I can handle. I ended up taking home two leos (1 Bell albino female from Reptile Industries and 1 beautiful high yellow that I got in a trade with Nancy). It was soooo difficult, but I prevented myself from taking home another boa and a cute little hognose. With the money I saved there, I got a Helix thermostat for my rack unit, another Vision cage, and I loaded up on feeders.

I would love to see pics of the wedding if any of you get a chance,,, and I want to hear all about it! I am so bummed I couldn't go . . .

Oh and btw, I was excited to see that ZooMed is coming out with some cool, natural-looking moist hides. No more plastic tubs in my display cages . . whoo hoo!

Nicole

Old 09-11-2005, 03:52 AM   #2
Herpcam
We had a GREAT time today. We got to meet some new (really cool) people, saw some awesome herps, and were lucky enough to watch Steve and Deb tie the 'newt'. Here are a couple of new additions we picked up from Steve and Marcia. Marcia is the BEST!!!!

If you're in the area, you gotta check out the show. It was awesome. I was tempted to get one of the Bells from the Bells, but we decided on these ones and a couple vipers instead. I must resist sometimes.

I didn't see the zoomed thing. How much did Helix want for their DBS-1000? I thought I saw them writing an invoice for $135! That's $5 more than what LLL sells them for.

Check out my other post for pics from the wedding.

Here's an awesome Giant Albino Male from Steve and Deb

And a beautiful Jungle Albino female from Marcia

Old 09-11-2005, 04:22 AM   #3
thesnakecharmer
Beautiful leos Rob! You really can't go wrong getting leos from Marcia.

Yup, Helix was charging $135 but I got mine from LLL. They really are the best deal for supplies. And my thermostat (an Alife) was just TERRIBLE. It was either too hot, or not hot enough. I have been wondering if it was my temps that have been causing my Urban girl to stunt. She is over a year old and doesn't seem to want to go over 47-50 grams. All of my other geckos have been purchased as adults, so she is the only one I can use for reference. Hopefully this will take care of my temp problems for good.

I will post pics of the new additions once I get back to LA . . .

Old 09-11-2005, 09:27 AM   #4
USAGECKOS
Beautiful Albinos you got there Rob. It must have been so cool to meet everyone, I am so jealous

Old 09-12-2005, 01:27 PM   #5
Golden Gate Geckos
Overall, I thought the show was great! I really enjoyed meeting so many of you!!!

Old 09-13-2005, 12:31 AM   #6
aliceinwl
I thought the show was awesome! I wasn't able to make it Saturday, but still got three awesome leos (a reverse stripe tremper, and a pair of blazings from the Bells). But, the best part was getting to meet several people face to face who I've been "talking" to online for quite awhile.

-Alice

Old 09-13-2005, 11:15 AM   #7
nwheat
I had a great time at the show! It was wonderful seeing friends and meeting more!! I swear there must be some kind of time accelerator inside that show - time just flies by as I wander around drooling over all those gorgeous animals!!! Steve & Debra's wedding was very nice as well, Marcia presided over a beautiful ceremony -Congratulations guys!!

Nancy

Old 09-15-2005, 07:11 PM   #8
Sunset Gecko
I got these two females from Marcia and they are doing great! I must admit I have to agree with you guys that you can't go wrong buying from Marcia.

Old 09-15-2005, 09:23 PM   #9
brucestephenson
Nice leos!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!