Looking for a buddy for my Leopard Tortoise with a chronic respiritory infection. - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Classifieds > Other For Sale/Wanteds Classifieds > Turtles/Tortoises

Notices

Old 04-14-2022, 07:50 PM   #1
ghrgb@yahoo.com
Red face Looking for a buddy for my Leopard Tortoise with a chronic respiritory infection.

My Leopard Tortoise, Toby, has been treated several times for his respiratory infection, that he came to us with, upon rescue. We have an outdoor enclosure for our tortoises, and I would like to build one for Toby and a buddy. I would like to find another tortoise that he can co-habitate with that is in a similar situation. I have 4 other tortoises, but I do not want them to get sick. 719-250-9401
  Contact User Check User
Old 04-14-2022, 10:26 PM   #2
Socratic Monologue
What pathogen(s) was diagnosed in your tortoise? This is necessary to know for finding a compatible animal.

Old 04-15-2022, 12:25 AM   #3
ghrgb@yahoo.com
I was told after multiple treatments that Toby’s infection is Mycoplasma.
  Contact User Check User
Old 04-15-2022, 08:56 AM   #4
Socratic Monologue
That helps. I was going to ask for the species -- presumably testing determined this -- but a quick search seems to indicate that coinfection with Mycoplasma species doesn't correlate with disease progression or symptoms.

Good luck with your search.

Old 04-15-2022, 11:47 AM   #5
ghrgb@yahoo.com
Thank you, I really want him to have a buddy. He is very social and always reacts to any movement, following whoever in in the room. He was a rescue from an older gentleman who rescued him from a home that was part of a land fire. unfortunately his only fed him canned veggies and never in the sun or heat. He was free to walk around his home and would sit over a heater vent to warm up. He gave him a soak once a month. Sad situation, but he has gained 6lbs with us and is thriving, even with his infection, and multiple attempts to treat. I would like to get him outside into an area of his own, instead of in a smaller/boring space. He is 6 years old and hopefully has a long life ahead of him, just not alone. My Sulcatas have a haven outside and I wish he could share it, but that is not an option.
  Contact User Check User

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
buddy, friend, respiritory infection, tortoise