your opinion needed - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 11-16-2007, 02:29 PM   #1
futureherpbreeder
your opinion needed

i have a male common ground boa thats around 8 ft and 35-40 pounds and 5 years old. i need to no how much i should ask for him. your comments are appreciated.

thanks, josh

Old 11-16-2007, 05:21 PM   #2
BryonsBoas
I'm assuming you mean a common Red Tail , unless you you have a Dummerils (SP?)

To be honest , its harder to move a male that size than a female. The average would probably be only a couple hundred bucks.

Old 11-16-2007, 05:40 PM   #3
crotalusadamanteus
I agree, not likely to get much unless he has some outstanding quality to him. Large males are fairly cheap, and easy to find.

Sure about the size? Males aren't usually as thick as females, and that would be a heavy female for that length. I have 2 females around that length, but more like 25 lbs.

Rick

Old 11-16-2007, 05:44 PM   #4
hhmoore
Quote:
Originally Posted by futureherpbreeder
i have a male common ground boa thats around 8 ft and 35-40 pounds and 5 years old.
Sounds like he is a little overweight (hey, you asked for opinons, lol).

The first part of preparing to sell something is accurately describing it...common boa and ground boa bring to mind very different animals, as Bryon inferred.

I also agree that it is more difficult to sell a large male than a large female, and that the prices tend to run lower as a result. It also depends on how quickly you want it gone. If you don't mind keeping it around for a while, you can ask (and hold out for) a slightly higher price. Also, sometimes, with adult males, it is easier/more productive to advertise them for sale locally. Hit up the local classifieds, some pet stores have bulletin boards for such things, etc.

Old 11-16-2007, 07:41 PM   #5
Metachrosis
It would cost more to ship a 25 lb male then it would ever be "worth"
The average for clean proven normal females (20-30 lbs) this year was $250-$275

Old 11-17-2007, 02:18 PM   #6
futureherpbreeder
hey thanks everyone. and sorry bout the confusion, it is a redtail. and it is huge! ill try to get some pics up. and ill probably get another person to probe it because it is thick!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!