Bug Eyed Leucistic Rat Snakes - should they be culled? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Genetics, Taxonomy, Hybridization

Notices

Genetics, Taxonomy, Hybridization General discussions about the science of genetics as well as the ever changing face of taxonomy. Issues concerning hybridization are welcome here as well.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-25-2006, 11:02 PM   #1
Art Klass
Bug Eyed Leucistic Rat Snakes - should they be culled?

Some genetic morphs come with undesirable traits. Bug eyes in leucistic rat snakes is one of them. I've seen this to varying degrees and I've seen some offered for sale. I don't think that these snakes should continue in breeding populations and should be culled at birth.

As far as people making these snakes only as pets and promising not to breed them... well some of them may never be bred but some may end up breeding anyway.

What are your thoughts on the subject?