What do I do with it? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Amphibian Discussion Forum

Notices

Amphibian Discussion Forum General talk about amphibians of any type.

Old 06-01-2006, 06:44 PM   #1
cowboyman13
Question What do I do with it?

This one came climbing out of my bathroom sink drain earlier today. I think it is This
If thats the case than what should i do with it. If its an invasive species I shouldn't release it. I know nothing of caring for a Frog as a pet. Please confirm ID if you can and offer up any suggestions on what you think I should do with it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg frog03.JPG (187.9 KB, 92 views)

Old 06-01-2006, 06:46 PM   #2
cowboyman13
Right now it is temporally housed in one of my feeding containers with some damp Sphagnum, and a cocoanut hide.

Old 06-01-2006, 07:44 PM   #3
detrick105
Looks like a Cuban Tree Frog and if you want to dispose of it I believe you can put Oral Gel on it a that should kill it humanely or you could try giving it to a pet shop.
Hope that helps
Steve

Old 06-01-2006, 07:52 PM   #4
nicolai
It does look like a cuban tree frog. they are great in terrariums and vivariums. Keep it as a pet rather then killing it!!!

Old 06-01-2006, 08:07 PM   #5
cowboyman13
Any one know where i can find a caresheet.

Old 06-01-2006, 08:21 PM   #6
cowboyman13
While searching for a caresheet i found This.

Maybe the euthanizing of it is the best way to go?

Old 06-01-2006, 08:36 PM   #7
cowboyman13
Found a caresheet

Caresheet Here.

Feed it crickets, dont have to supply heat, keep moist sounds pretty simple maybe i will give it a try.

Old 06-01-2006, 08:40 PM   #8
Cat_72
Well, it would be your personal decision. If you have no desire to keep him as a pet, perhaps euthanizing him would be best. I know my son would be thrilled to keep him, he's become fascinated with frogs since we created a terrarium for the gray tree frog he caught.....but then the Cuban frog wouldn't pose any problems if he were to escape here in Iowa, as he would never survive the winters here as opposed to Florida. Too bad Florida is so far, or we'd come pick the little guy up.

Old 06-01-2006, 08:41 PM   #9
Cat_72
LOL, that's what happens when I begin a post then walk away.....you posted again before I got mine up. I'm glad you've decided to let him "hang out" for awhile.

Old 06-01-2006, 08:51 PM   #10
cowboyman13
Alltough my wife wont be happy about it, i figure why not. I got a 4 year old and 8 year old that would get a kick out of it. I allready have everything i need to house it and crickets are pretty cheap.

I will see how it goes. I still want to know how it made the trip from the city sewer and up thru my drain on the sink.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!