Problem after posting a message? - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 07-30-2022, 08:41 PM   #21
WebSlave
Trying another test....

edit (08:58pm): I am done fretting about this. Hopefully my programmer can figure it out. Otherwise..... well, just otherwise...

Old 07-31-2022, 10:52 AM   #22
WebSlave
Let's see if it cured itself over night.....

EDIT: Nope. Took 61 seconds for this to complete.

Old 07-31-2022, 11:02 AM   #23
WebSlave
FYI, replies and new threads ARE being posted to the site's database immediately after being submitted. It is just that the server is hanging up sending out the refreshed page back to the submitting client. To test this, you can submit a reply, then backpage out, then refresh your browser and you will see that your reply or thread has actually been accepted at the server and available to everyone else to view.

Old 07-31-2022, 11:18 AM   #24
WebSlave
I just posted the following announcement to show up in ALL forums.

Quote:
A problem with the server showed up yesterday whereby when you post a reply to a thread or create a new thread, after clicking the SUBMIT button, the site will apparently hang for sometimes 60 seconds or more before refreshing the screen to indicate that your reply or thread has been accepted at the server.

Replies and new threads ARE being posted to the site's database immediately after being submitted. It is just that the server is hanging up sending out the refreshed page back to the submitting client (you). To test this, you can submit a reply, then backpage out, then refresh your browser and you will see that your reply or thread has actually been accepted at the server and available to everyone else to view.

You DO NOT have to wait for the browser screen to refresh in order for your reply or new thread to have been posted successfully and available for viewing to the rest of the world. Just backpage, refresh the browser screen, then get on with other things you want to do.

Hopefully this will get fixed, but in the meantime, this is an effective workaround.

Old 07-31-2022, 01:00 PM   #25
WebSlave
testing testing....

EDIT: Hmm, this completed in two seconds!! Maybe Sinan fixed it!!!! YAY!!!

Old 07-31-2022, 01:11 PM   #26
WebSlave
Yeah, Sinan found the problem. Tapatalk was the culprit. Evidently they are having problems with their servers, so when the plugin on this site was trying to contact their server, it was just hanging this site up. So Sinan disabled that part of the Tapatalk routine temporarily. Tapatalk will still work, it is just that notices of new posts will not go to their server(s).

For those of you who don't realize it, if it weren't for all the help I have gotten from Sinan over the years, this site would not be here today.

Old 07-31-2022, 05:40 PM   #27
WebSlave
testing testing....

Old 07-31-2022, 05:50 PM   #28
WebSlave
Well, apparently a new problem cropped up. One of the members brought this to my attention.

Replies are working just fine. However, when creating a new thread, hitting the SUBMIT button just gets you an immediate blank screen on your browser.

Can some of you try this to confirm that everyone is experiencing this new problem?

I could just SCREAM!!!

Old 07-31-2022, 06:07 PM   #29
bcr229
This is what I get:
Attached Images

Old 07-31-2022, 06:38 PM   #30
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcr229 View Post
This is what I get:
I sent you a private message. Took 72 seconds to complete.

Apparently there are still millipedes in the spaghetti. I don't know what it means, it is the only thing I could think of at the moment while my brain is imploding. Where the hell is my valium!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!