Shipping Crested Gecko's? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shipping

Notices

Shipping Forum for all issues concerning shipping, shipping companies, and anything directly related to moving animals and products via commercial carriers.

Old 12-26-2011, 06:25 PM   #1
geckofan91
Shipping Crested Gecko's?

Hello, I have a few questions about shipping crested gecko's. I've shipped before in warm weather just not cold. The Crested gecko's will only be going 3 hours away by ups next day air by 10:30. These are the temperature for thursday/friday, here/there

49 hi 38 low / 53 hi 38 lo.................... 53 hi 38 lo / 57 hi 37 low

I plan on shipping thursday. It looks like the lowest temp would be 37. I plan on using a 7x7x7 insulated box with 3/4 foam, and 48 hr heat pack. I just need to know if it would be okay to ship with these temps? Thanks

Old 12-26-2011, 06:37 PM   #2
radera5
You should be fine temp wise, but I, personally would NOT be shipping on Thursday. I don't like shipping on a Thursday anytime during the year, but right now, just after Christmas...you couldn't pay me to ship on a Thursday. ALL carriers are extremely busy until after the Jan 1st.

Good luck with whatever you decide

Old 12-26-2011, 06:37 PM   #3
radera5
You should be fine temp wise, but I, personally would NOT be shipping on Thursday. I don't like shipping on a Thursday anytime during the year, but right now, just after Christmas...you couldn't pay me to ship on a Thursday. ALL carriers are extremely busy until after the Jan 1st.

Old 12-26-2011, 08:34 PM   #4
FireStorm
Keep in mind that even though the destination is only 3 hrs away, the package my still go o a hub and back and be in transit all night. I've had packages coming from 3hrs south of me go to the hub in Memhpis TN and back ( I'm in central Fl).

Old 12-26-2011, 09:15 PM   #5
robyn@Pro Exotics
Quote:
Originally Posted by radera5 View Post

Amanda believed in that recommendation so strongly she posted it twice : )

Now I have quoted it for a third time. And it is right on.

During this time of year, delays are MUCH more common. If anything happens during your shipment, it will get held over for the weekend. Not good.

At SYR we don't recommend shipping again until the week of Jan 2nd. At the very least, don't ship later than Wednesday of this week. That way if there is a delay, it is just one day, and not the whole weekend.

Still, wait until the holidays are done, give yourself the best chance of success.

Old 12-27-2011, 12:45 PM   #6
radera5
Quote:
Originally Posted by robyn@Pro Exotics View Post
Amanda believed in that recommendation so strongly she posted it twice : )

Now I have quoted it for a third time. And it is right on.

During this time of year, delays are MUCH more common. If anything happens during your shipment, it will get held over for the weekend. Not good.

At SYR we don't recommend shipping again until the week of Jan 2nd. At the very least, don't ship later than Wednesday of this week. That way if there is a delay, it is just one day, and not the whole weekend.

Still, wait until the holidays are done, give yourself the best chance of success.
Oops! I didn't even notice I did that I do feel strongly about this though...

Thanks Robyn! I hope all is coming along for you guys!

Good luck with the shipment Justin

Old 12-27-2011, 03:24 PM   #7
geckofan91
Thanks! But were just going to drive half way, so we know the gecko's get there safe.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!