Albino Triumph & Tragedy - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 05-27-2009, 09:15 PM   #1
Boa4u
Albino Triumph & Tragedy

After years and years of trying to produce albinos I finally did it, that is the good news. The bad news is that it looks like a disastrous litter.

2 Live albinos(can't tell if they are sunglows yet)
1 Stillborn albino
1 Stillborn het sunglow
3 Slugs

Dame is a Kahl Albino and Sire is a Maximus line Het Sunglow.I'm not sure that the 2 live ones are gonna make it, they look really shaky. I removed the live babies and put momma back in her cage in the hopes that she has more stuff to drop. Seems to me with only 7 biologics discharged, she should have more to come be it babies or slugs or a combination of the two.

Anyway, here are two pics of the first albino babies I have ever produced.

Old 05-27-2009, 09:17 PM   #2
Boa4u
If they survive, I think I will name them Triumph and Tragedy, seems only fitting at this point.

Old 05-27-2009, 09:24 PM   #3
Miss Tuniwha
awwwww, sorry to hear..

good luck on those two.. they look quite nice!

Old 05-28-2009, 12:14 AM   #4
Randall Turner
Good luck with the survivors. That is definitely a bitter pill to swallow.

Old 05-28-2009, 06:49 AM   #5
crotalusadamanteus
Sorry to hear about your results Alex. That's a tough lick right there.

Curious about the two surviving Albinos though. What about them makes you think they won't make it? They both look to have absorbed their yolks, and that's actually a good sign. I've had more problems with the ones that didn't.

Anyway, keep them moist and warm, hopefully they'll pull through for you.

Good luck with them.

Old 05-28-2009, 09:21 AM   #6
TheFragginDragon
Sorry for your losses Alex, and best of luck with your two remaining babies....if I may ask, how old is the Dam?

Old 05-28-2009, 09:33 AM   #7
Boa4u
Thanks for the sentiments guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crotalusadamanteus View Post
Sorry to hear about your results Alex. That's a tough lick right there.

Curious about the two surviving Albinos though. What about them makes you think they won't make it? They both look to have absorbed their yolks, and that's actually a good sign. I've had more problems with the ones that didn't.

Anyway, keep them moist and warm, hopefully they'll pull through for you.

Good luck with them.
To answer you question Rick, they both seem a little weak. The one on the top has a funky eye and it (the snake) is not moving very much. The one on the bottom seems to be a little stronger at this point and so far as I can tell, no defects at all. The other albino and the het sunglow that didn't make it looked like they were sqashed by momma so they actually could have been still born or died from momma's weight. So I am thinking that momma might have been on top of the survivors at one point also. Basically, it is just an overall gut feeling I have regarding there chances. I misted them and put both of them in a rack right away to keep them warm. We will see what happens in the coming days.

Old 05-28-2009, 09:37 AM   #8
Boa4u
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFragginDragon View Post
Sorry for your losses Alex, and best of luck with your two remaining babies....if I may ask, how old is the Dam?
Thanks buddy. Momma is a 2002 model. She was in top form and eating like a champ going into the breeding season so I am not quite sure what happened. She was old enough, big enough, and healthy enough.

Old 05-28-2009, 11:22 AM   #9
Miss Tuniwha
was this her first time breeding? if so, is it common for the first time to.. not go well?

I ask because my boas first time was not pretty. out of 12 babies, only 1 survived. but the years after that were great! over 20 babies with no casualties..

Old 05-28-2009, 12:38 PM   #10
Boa4u
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Tuniwha View Post
was this her first time breeding? if so, is it common for the first time to.. not go well?

I ask because my boas first time was not pretty. out of 12 babies, only 1 survived. but the years after that were great! over 20 babies with no casualties..

It is actually her second time, her first time was a litter of het albinos a couple of years ago, and the babies were all perfect.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!