Here is the new Albino Patternless Labyrinth - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 07-08-2009, 10:03 PM   #1
BenR
Here is the new Albino Patternless Labyrinth

Here is the new Albino Patternless Labyrinth. This is the only one I got out of the clutch of 37 eggs, but I knew the odds were against me. I'll certainly get some better pics once she sheds out but for now these will have to do.

The whole clutch shot. Can you see it in there?

An albino labyrinth, an albino patternless, and an albino patternless Labyrinth head shot.

Still in the egg

A pile of greens and albino greens along with a little bit of the albino patternless/Labyrinth

Albino green and the albino Patternless Labyrinth

Here it is all by its self

Old 07-08-2009, 10:50 PM   #2
Twizted Paths
Way to beat the odd

Old 07-08-2009, 11:44 PM   #3
Uroboros
I'm sure it means something you you guys (I don't do.... burms?).

BUT, doesn't the "Patternless" part kind of exclude the "Labrynth" part? hehe Like a Pied Lucy ball. :P

Old 07-09-2009, 12:47 AM   #4
Twizted Paths
I wish I could have a burm

Not until I own my own home & a chunk of land though, until then I only get to oogle & live vicariously through you guys.

Can't wait for post shed pics

Erik-
Is that real? I only admire BP morphs. When I learn I tend to acquire & I'm trying sooo hard to stay focused.

Old 07-09-2009, 06:43 PM   #5
BenR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uroboros View Post
I'm sure it means something you you guys (I don't do.... burms?).

BUT, doesn't the "Patternless" part kind of exclude the "Labrynth" part? hehe Like a Pied Lucy ball. :P
I can certainly see why this is confusing. I'll try to explain this a little bit. There are three common pattern mutations in burms at the moment. All of which are proven recessive mutations. You have the Green (also known as patternless) the labyrinth, and the granite. What I did that is so unique is I combined the labyrinth and the patternless(or green) into one snake. When I did this the two pattern mutations canceled each other out when they are combined. Because of this there is no pattern at all, and it really shows nothing that looks like the labyrinth. It looks a lot more like a regurlar patternless, although it is actually quite different from that as well as you can see.
To combine the two mutations into one snake you first have to breed an green and labyirnth together. In this case a Albino patternless female bred to a labyrinth het albino male. This resulted in normal and albino babies that were het for both green and labyrinth. So, you then have to raise a pair of those babies up. In this case I raised a normal het albino patternless labyrinth female, and an albino male het patternless labyrinth. When I bred those together I have a 1/16 shot of either getting a albino patternless labyrinth or a patternless labyrinth. Last year out of 28 eggs I produced 2 patternless labyrinths. This year out of 37 eggs I only got the one albino patternless labyrinth.
So since I know what the parent's genetics are, and because these babies looks so unique and different from the labs and patternless burms, and because of how so few of them I produced in each clutch, that tell you they must be homozygous for both labyrinth, and Patternless. Even though they really don't look anything like the labyirnth burm at all. Beleive me, it threw me for a loop last season. I really wasn't expecting them to look the way they look either. I'm very happy with it though. The patternless Labyrinths and albino patternless labyrinths are a truely patternless burm. I've even thought about calling them a true patternless or something like that, but since people already call normal green burms patternless burms, it would just make things too confusing.
As it so often happens someone names a mutation something, then later on a new mutation comes along that is more fitting of the name that something else already has.

Old 07-10-2009, 08:03 PM   #6
b.regensburg
Thumbs up

that is beautiful good work!!

Old 07-11-2009, 09:42 AM   #7
retic88
Wow sweet looking burm. Ben you always get these screaming burms. im jelous..lamo

Old 07-11-2009, 04:28 PM   #8
BenR
Thanks Paul! I just posted a second clutch as well.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!