New "Feathered" Morph aquired the day before easter:) - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 03-29-2005, 10:31 PM   #1
Sunset Gecko
New "Feathered" Morph aquired the day before easter:)

I know these aren't geckos....but I just had to share them They are so cute! For those interested, they are a buff cochin(feathered feet), a barred rock, and a araucana. I still don't have a name for the barred rock, any suggesrions?

Old 03-29-2005, 10:32 PM   #2
Sunset Gecko
Opps

Sorry for the huge pics!

Old 03-29-2005, 10:40 PM   #3
dragonflyreptiles
Now I gotta fly to CA and kick your butt lolol

My 5 year old is begging for birds, geese, ducks and he is in here and said oh mommy I want those, lots of those.

Nice pics, gotta love all critters!

Old 03-29-2005, 10:53 PM   #4
Monte
You know . . . .

. . .Every time I see chickens, I'm reminded of my childhood. Every spring my parents would buy 125 chicks, and we would raise them for butchering in about 10 weeks. We had a chicken house - a little building that they could sleep in at night. I had the chores of watering, feeding, and letting them out to run outside during the day.

Well, chickens poop a lot - and one evening I was riding my motorcycle around the yard of our farm, and went by the chicken house (the chickens were inside at the time). I went through this short grass where the chickens ate and, well - pooped. I made a turn, fairly fast, and my tires slipped on the greasy chicken poop - and down I went - SLIDING through the grassy poop.

My parents just watched and laughed at me.

I hate chickens . . . LOL

Old 03-29-2005, 10:58 PM   #5
dragonflyreptiles
Monte that SUCKS, I think Id of had to block that from my memory bank lol

Old 03-29-2005, 11:50 PM   #6
StinaUIUC
Awe they're cute! ...I want a chicken or a duck or something...lol Monte...that is freaking hilarious....

Old 03-29-2005, 11:54 PM   #7
riverjop
Hmmmmm I wonder if Barney my tegu could down one of those? Probably a bit too big he would have to do the death roll and rip chunks off then he could gulp them down. He's only 38" long and five pounds ......so Maybe next year would be good! Send me a couple next year and I'll try it! he should be up to about twenty pounds by then and I'll take a video and we can all enjoy! And In a coupe of years Monte we can try a fainting goat when he is about thirty five pounds!.....now that would be fun...huh? Great home videos for all the family!

Old 03-29-2005, 11:58 PM   #8
StinaUIUC
That's horrible!!

Old 03-30-2005, 12:12 AM   #9
riverjop
LOL
I'm sorry! That did sound a little morbid! (Im still laughing)

But I have been raising chickens for most of my life, I am down to one hen she is a buff orfington, all her friends were killed by something (in the night) this last fall. I made a trap but whatever it was never came back. I started with 25 three years ago, all layers. Last year I shot a raccoon that was killing my chickens, as it was fighting with my dog, I must say one hell of a fight. But when I had a clear shot (one foot away) I ended it's killing spree. So Im down to one poor chicken who's only friend in the world is fluffy the Tennessee walker.

So you see I can be nice! BUT..... (I'm still laughing)
And Barney's looking at me with a glint in his eye!

Old 03-30-2005, 07:44 AM   #10
Gecko_Den
Should have named them "Fried, "Baked" and "Roasted"....

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!