I need blue spots - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Classifieds > Other For Sale/Wanteds Classifieds > Amphibians

Notices

Old 02-18-2023, 01:32 PM   #1
cavpt
I need blue spots

I need 2 adult Blue spotted salamanders.
  Contact User Check User
Old 02-20-2023, 10:05 PM   #2
nvterrapene
Seeing as you are in Massachusetts, possession of this species is completely illegal. They're native and listed as special concern within the state.

Old 02-21-2023, 08:59 AM   #3
cavpt
Unless you have a permit from MA Division of Fisheries and Wildlife, which I do.
  Contact User Check User
Old 02-21-2023, 07:46 PM   #4
EdwardK
What institution are you affiliated with?

Old 02-21-2023, 08:14 PM   #5
cavpt
Cape Ann Vernal Pond Team. I have permits and a line on two blue spots.
  Contact User Check User
Old 02-22-2023, 09:53 AM   #6
Creek kid
Blue spot

Have you tried looking on caudata.org? Just curious. Do you plan on breeding? I will be adding these to my collection in the future, and do prefer CBB. I'm also looking so, if I come across these Ill let you know. If you pm me I can give personal contact info. Thanx and good luck!

Old 02-23-2023, 06:28 AM   #7
JaimeLannister
Ambystoma laterale are not captive bred here in the USA. Many states have laws preventing the keeping of this species so it is not worth the effort. Your options would be A) find a poached WC animal at a Reptile show/expo
B) find someones LTC they're willing to give up
or C) put some galoshes on and grab a flashlight and start going into the woods and finding one yourself.

Old 02-23-2023, 06:32 PM   #8
radbackedsalamander
@nvterrapene Rick Roth is the real deal and has permitting.

And to rick, not sure if you remembered me but I was the kid asking you a bunch of questions at your NEHS presentation last march(?) and I just wanted to say to not buy a Blue-spotted Salamander off here. They are all Wild Caught (all breeders are in Europe) and aren't sustainably harvested.

Old 02-23-2023, 06:43 PM   #9
Creek kid
If the only breeders are indeed in Europe, salamanders if not all amphibians have been banned from Europe to the U.S.. So that being said, how else would any potential breeders acquire blue spots. You got to start somewhere. Besides if one were to breed these here, it may help reduce wild harvest?

Old 02-24-2023, 03:36 AM   #10
nvterrapene
I apologize for the misinterpretation. There was some ambiguity and quite a few people do request things on here that are *typically* illegal. Best of luck on your search - hopefully something can be done to breed them in captivity.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!