HerpHelper Tracking Software - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Consumer Reports

Notices

Consumer Reports Looking for, or want to leave feedback about a product? This is the place for that sort of info!

View Poll Results: Have you seen the HerpHelper ad and tried the software?
Yes, I saw the ad and tried it. 30 30.30%
Yes, I saw the ad, but I didn't try the software. 24 24.24%
No, I did not see the add and I have no idea what you are talking about. 45 45.45%
Voters: 99. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-27-2004, 10:41 PM   #11
Damon Theis
Tom. Funny you should mention field tracking.
I have a complete list (design work) for a field tracking module that will be added to the software soon. I'll get with you on that and see if you have anything to add.

Thanks to everyone for their support and comments.

-Damon Theis.

Old 05-27-2004, 10:43 PM   #12
yiman
Thumbs up herphelper

The program works great. It does not take long at all to input info about the animals. And the best part is that if I need a printout all it takes is a mouse click!

Old 05-28-2004, 06:32 PM   #13
Salmissra
Damon,

I too would love to try your software, but since I work on my machine so often I always have some new item slaved off of my machine.

I would hate to have to bother you to generate a new license every time I screwed up your proggy (and I will- believe me!). Maybe you could generate a "master-user" or "multi-user" type license for folks like Mike and me?

Just a thought. I am going to try it. Will let you know what I did to mess it up!

Old 05-28-2004, 06:57 PM   #14
NeoScales
I use it, I love it...

Really makes it easy to keep track of every aspect of husbandry from Retics to Cresteds!

Randy May

Old 05-28-2004, 09:49 PM   #15
redtailboas
I was wondering how you approach feeding an entire rack or racks, say 40 to 60 babies that are all fed on one day... Is there a way to automatically post feedings like that from a single entry? It would be functional to do that, and then adjust/delete the feeding from the possible 1 or 2 babies that may not have eaten.

I had tried various software in the past, being a computer guy myself, but single, one at a time, postings of feedings prevented me from using any herp tracking software.. I would spend more time with tracking software than with the snakes themselves...

Hence still using the index card tracking method.

I know a lot of us could use a feature like this. I will be a customer if this feature is available.

Old 05-28-2004, 10:26 PM   #16
Damon Theis
Very interesting point. That itself is not something I had considered.
However, I am planning on a hand held scanner input for feeding/tracking on a per animal basis. A barcode would be generated for an animal based on it's unique id and that would need to be afixed to the cage obviously.
I'm working on the design and input process for that. I'll give some thought to your comment this weekend.
Thanks for the input.
-Damon Theis

Old 05-29-2004, 05:54 PM   #17
INSANE CANES
Thumbs up

Big,

We love the software, and the great support that we are geting. Even had questions answered on a Sunday.
We recommend it to everyone we know, as it is a great asset to us for keeping track of all the reptiles that we keep. Love be able to type instead of writing everything down, can get a little hectic if you are feeding alot at one time.

Thanks for the great, affordable software and keep up the great work.

Old 05-29-2004, 10:16 PM   #18
Damon Theis
Thanks to everyone. Just wanted to let you know that I am going to drop the electronic keys for paid users. It's too much work on my end anyway...
The install is sort of jacked up right now because i've been making a bunch of changes and trying to complete requests, so please bare with me. I will have everything back to normal by the end of the weekend.
-Damon Theis

Old 05-31-2004, 12:13 PM   #19
Tom C
Thumbs up

Damon,
I know you worked hard on this software for months and w/ the price you are charging its obvious you are offering this more for the herp community than the money.Regardless of the reasoning
you should get paid for a good quality software.
I dont think its your problem that some people cant keep the same hardware in their computer long enough to warrant this software.
I used to be the same way as some of these people, i had a new MB and CPU every few months,however, i always had enough spare parts to keep a little solid server that i never changed out.How hard is it to set up an extra little comp in your snake room that is dedicated to your reptiles??I mean you change parts out so much, you should have enough to complete @least two extras @ will, i know i did.

If you decide to offer keys, i would charge $5 for extra keys.
Its to bad there isnt away to have the software sheck for Modem mac addresses, then keys wouldnt be an issue.

Anyways, good luck and excellant Job on your software..

Tom Coonan

Old 05-31-2004, 12:30 PM   #20
Salmissra
While I see your point, Tom...

I work on computers. Mine is the work-horse. If I need to slave another pc or parts into mine to check them out then I just changed my config (good reason why I can't use WinXP which I paid good money for- LOL!).

My pc is also the mainframe for all my pc test equipment. I could set up a small D/B pc just for my reptiles, but I have no place to put it, for one thing.

I'm going to buy Damon's software as I'm trying it right now and I LOVE it! If I have a prob, I know Damon and I can work something out.

You are right about the price. I'd pay ten times the price for the features you've made here, Damon!

Thanks!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!