Like to get to know everyone - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > Lonely Hearts Club Forum

Notices

Lonely Hearts Club Forum Looking for someone with a common interest? Why not go where they hang out? Have fun, but not TOO much fun in here. ONLY members over 18 are welcome here.

Old 04-17-2006, 03:44 PM   #11
ladyserpent7
yah.....the emerald boas arent really for play..just pretty to look at...but you should really look into snakes...theyre actually a great pet and friend to have....and theres so many types that you can choose any one you want that suits your personality....actually....i thought geckos were aggressive for the longest time...thats what i heard...i still havent ever handled one..but im sure you can tell me other wise

Old 04-17-2006, 06:46 PM   #12
lizardsister2
It depends on the gecko. Tokays, definitely very aggressive. Then there are several that are just timid and nervous enough that they're not really aggressive, but they will bite or jump or run readily out of fear. But leos, bandeds, cresteds, and to some degree gargoyls are pretty sweet. My favorites are the leos with cresteds being a very close second. My leos recognize my voice and come out of their rocks to see me when I enter the room. They crawl onto my hand when I reach in the tank. They sit happily in my lap and watch tv. They're pretty darling.

I'm thinking about cornsnakes. Do you have any of those?

Old 04-18-2006, 04:10 AM   #13
ladyserpent7
unfortunately not at my house..but i take care of them and let me tell you....AWESOME snake..although one time i was carrying a few in my hand at the same time and i was sitting next to a crate...and they all decided to go into the holes of the crate and get themselves stuck.....and everytime i got one out..the other would go in...took me forever to get them out of the holes..haha.....but they are a reallllly good beginner snake to have..and theyre scales are really smooth and shiny...my personal favorite type is the okeetee corn..cuz it has firey red and orange....but a lot of store i notice sale the albino and blizzard the most...the blizzards are pretty too...so..i definitely suggest cornsnakes.....AND...if youre thinking of starting off with a snake that doesnt grow that big...i would suggest a western hognose...they only grow up to about 3 ft. max....and believe me...they could be devouring a mouse,,and theyll still look cute...they have cute upturned noses and big round eyes...i have friends that are anti-snake...that ALWAYS admit my hog, giselle..is adorable....hope that was of help...tell me what you decide on

Old 04-18-2006, 09:34 AM   #14
lizardsister2
Are the hognoses pretty easy to handle? Unfortunately I won't be able to decide on anything for a while. I'd like to expand into some different geckos species, some snakes, and a couple of types of frog, but I don't have the space right now. I barely have space for my current collection and they offspring they'll produce (hopefully). Plus I'm sharing space with a snake-phobic, so that would be difficult. I'm definitely considering it for when my circumstances change though.

Old 04-18-2006, 01:51 PM   #15
scalesnstuff
Hognoses

Hognoses are really cool. The Eastern has the best display for the little hood they make. My personal favorite is the Madagscan Blonde Hognose. Since you will be new to hogs make sure that you get one that is already trained to pinkies, if not then you will be in for a world of trouble.

Old 04-18-2006, 02:01 PM   #16
handsomeRob
fake cobra hoods, purposely missed strikes, and faking their own death. oh yeah you'd love one. could almost sell tickets.

Old 04-18-2006, 04:05 PM   #17
lizardsister2
Aren't those the ones that are supposedly mildly venomous. I mean not deadly or anything, but I thought I read that if they manage to get you with the back teeth you swell up, develop blisters, etc. for a few days.

Old 04-19-2006, 03:41 AM   #18
ladyserpent7
um..yah but that never happens unless its your fault...meaning sticking your finger in their face during feeding time..that kinda situation...and theyd actually have to chew on you to release any venom..which takes a while...so its really a RARE chance of happening.....so, you said you have frogs...hm...well if youre breeding and willing to feed frogs..i would suggest the eastern hogs..cuz thats what theyre used to eating...but if you wanna feed mice....def. get a western cuz theyre alot easier to feed than easterns....hey, why dont you come visit the hognose forum...well be expecting you

Old 04-19-2006, 09:52 AM   #19
lizardsister2
Nope, no frogs yet. Looking into expanding into frogs though. I think this Friday I'm gonna get a couple of bluephase white's tree frogs. They are a simple beginner frog, and they're cute. It's going to take a lot more research before I can breed them though. Apparently, frog breeding is really rather complex with precise breeding cycles and rain chambers etc. Then there will be some article some guy wrote about how easy it is to build your own rain chamber. "You just...." And after about step 2, I'm lost. But that's the plan eventually. Hognoses are awfully cute, and I guess if you actually just sit there and let one chew on you you deserve what you get. I don't think I could ever feed one reptile or amphibian to another reptile or amphibian though. I can feed rodents and bugs with no quams at all. But I think it would be difficult to be really excited and attached to some frogs and then feed other to something else.

Old 04-21-2006, 01:46 AM   #20
ladyserpent7
yah..i know what you mean..i dont think i could ever feed anything frogs....especially since my name means frog in spanish ...so i def. suggest a western

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!