Lost Aldabra 27-29" 150-200lbs---Now Found update! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Classifieds > Other For Sale/Wanteds Classifieds > Turtles/Tortoises

Notices

Old 10-28-2020, 09:58 AM   #1
navyblu
Lost Aldabra 27-29" 150-200lbs---Now Found update!

Hi everyone, my name is Sean Meyer, I won't be long winded here, I had 2 Aldabras that broke out 4 months ago, I really thought I would find them easily on my farm, and one was found quickly. Unfortunately, the other was not found...I reached out slowly to some of my tortoise friends who deal with these beautiful giants to no avail. Yesterday one was found that matched her size down towards Ft Myers Florida. This info was relayed by concerned citizens to a good friend Aldabra keeper who reached out to me. I am attaching a picture of the tortoise that was taken yesterday and asking the neighbors that took her in to reach out to me. I am offering a reward of either cash or radiated baby. This tortoise is very important to me and have raised her since 2013 as a 4" baby. Please I just want to confirm if this tortoise that was found was or wasn't the tortoise I am missing, I am not wanting something that was not mine. My phone number is 504 274 9795, I can also be found on Facebook or email seanmmeyer@yahoo.com. Again the picture was taken yesterday in Ft Myers Florida, anyone with info please reach out. Thx for your time.
Attached Images

Contact User Check User
Old 10-28-2020, 12:43 PM   #2
Jason Abels
I will totally keep my eyes and ears on the look out. Really hope you recover this amazing animal. Sending Vibes!

Jason

Old 10-28-2020, 12:47 PM   #3
Mighty J
I am in Fort Myers, short of searching for it, do not hesitate to contact me if you need help with an ID or someone local to check something out. text is 630 696 1006

Old 10-28-2020, 01:53 PM   #4
navyblu
Tortoise ID'd not mine

Hey everyone, just wanted to say thanks to everyone that has reached out and that is keeping a lookout for this tortoise . The one that was found in North fort Myers yesterday, unfortunately is not mine but I'm so glad that it was returned to its rightful owner who has had this amazing animal for over 40 years. He had a wonderful neighbor that recognized the tortoise, and brought it home to him. Unfortunately is still missing there is still a reward cash or baby radiated, for the safe return of my aldabra. Any help or information is so appreciated, I held back from letting everyone know because I thought it would be easy to find them; she's so big. I have found every tortoise that has gone missing from my farm and they were way smaller than 200 lb. Hope someday to see her again, thanks again I appreciate all the love!
  Contact User Check User
Old 10-28-2020, 09:23 PM   #5
Domboski
Fingers crossed!

Old 11-03-2020, 12:19 AM   #6
BevSmith
I shared this on Facebook. Hope you find your girl soon.

Old 04-12-2022, 05:32 AM   #7
navyblu
Update.....She has been found

OK, she was found quite awhile ago now, but i have been getting alot of people asking if i ever found her, and could i update.....so here goes.

When we lost Norma or Jean....we are unsure which is which now....we thought for sure it wont be long till we found her. We figured, she is huge, no way can she just not be found eventually by us or the neighbors, but we do live in the woods with large propertly tracts. Boy were we wronge, she was gone and not a word. I held off really advertising her loss as i thought it may hinder her coming back to me because of the value that is on her because of what she is and how big she is; I was wrong in that statement.

Fast forward 11months from when we last saw her, I am changing my oil up in Jacksonville, and receive a call, that usually i would just let go into voicemail, but saw a local 386 number so thought it might be important....and boy this time i was right. On the other end was a gentleman/hunter who says he thinks he found my tortoise. Of course i was thinking no way....but again i was wrong. These Hunters spent hours trying to find her owner knowing she wasnt native, though at first someone thought it was a gian gopher tortoise. I had finally posted the add for her 9 months after she was lost, and a local neighbor who was with them remembered seeing it. With that info and a little more sleuthing, they were able to find me and confirm i was the owner. She was over 4 miles away in a hunting preserve in the woods....she blended in...in almost impossible circumstances she was found in the middle of the woods in the middle of nowhere.

They brought her home, and we pleaded for them to take the the reward....which they wouldnt, they were just glad to bring her home.

She was a little shell worn, but for going thru many a mid 20 degree nights and many 30 degrees plus nights, she was quite well, heavy, but ready for a bath and some food. We are so glad to have her back with her sister, and thank you to the seven hunters that brought her home.
Attached Images

Contact User Check User
Old 04-12-2022, 11:19 AM   #8
Socratic Monologue
Glad you got her back.

Old 04-12-2022, 11:30 AM   #9
navyblu
Thank you!!!
  Contact User Check User
Old 04-12-2022, 12:14 PM   #10
Jason Abels
Perhaps the best post ever on, FAUNA!

Truly amazing and incredible. What a great ending and I am so happy for your family and the tortoise.

Jason

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!