Paradox Sunglow Boa just born - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 06-22-2008, 12:01 PM   #1
brd7666
Paradox Sunglow Boa just born

I thought I would post a few pics of my new boa. She is a Paradox Sunglow Boa and she was born yesterday. This is the second year in a row that the male used produced a Paradox Boa. Last year I produced a Paradox Albino Boa. The dad is a Double Het Sunglow possible het Stripe and mom is a het Albino. This is a different female from last year. Maybe the male has something going on with him. She hasn't shed yet and you can see some of the umbilical cord still hanging on. I can't wait for her to shed. I hope everyone likes the pics.

Thanks for looking.
Brian Dierking
Attached Images

Old 06-23-2008, 08:30 PM   #2
crotalusadamanteus
That's a freak right there. In a good way of course.

Lets see the dad.

Thanks for sharing. Neat looking critter for sure.

Old 06-24-2008, 01:22 PM   #3
Randall Turner
That is a sweet looking paradox. I second what Rich said, lets see some pix of the pop.

Old 06-26-2008, 10:44 AM   #4
brd7666
Here is the dad

Well, I finally had some time to post the father of the Paradox. His father was a Kahl Albino that is het for stripe that was purchased from Pete himself and his mom was a possible Super Salmon purchased from Rich Ihle that proved not to be a Super. He has produced with two different female het albinos and produced a Paradox Albino last year and a Paradox Sunglow this year. So for that to happen two years in a row with two different females makes me think he has something going on with his genetics. Everyone I have talked to seems to agree with that. I will keep breeding him and see what the future breedings produce. I hope everyone likes the pics.

Thanks for looking.
Brian Dierking
Attached Images

Old 06-26-2008, 08:07 PM   #5
crotalusadamanteus
He's a good looking boy for sure. But no indication of why he's passing that on.

Still an interesting looking critter.

Old 06-26-2008, 08:52 PM   #6
The BoidSmith
Brian,

In MHO it seems to be something different than a paradox, even better! Who labeled her a paradox?

Best regards,

Dan G.

Old 06-26-2008, 09:05 PM   #7
brd7666
I labeled her a Paradox. She even has two different colored eyes. One eye is a Sunglow eye and the other is a Hypo eye. I don't know what else she could be.

Last year I produced a Paradox Albino with the same male but with a different female. She has two different colored eyes also. She has a normal eye and an albino eye.

What else could she be?

Thanks for looking
Brian Dierking

Old 06-26-2008, 09:42 PM   #8
The BoidSmith
Quote:
Originally Posted by brd7666
I labeled her a Paradox. She even has two different colored eyes. One eye is a Sunglow eye and the other is a Hypo eye. I don't know what else she could be.

Last year I produced a Paradox Albino with the same male but with a different female. She has two different colored eyes also. She has a normal eye and an albino eye.

What else could she be?

Thanks for looking
Brian Dierking
The spots in the paradox animals that I've seen have a more random appearance. These seem to be a lot more symmetric. You may very well have something completely different. What? I wish I knew...

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!