New Morph! Eublepharis Macularius Obessivus Compulsivatus (thanks to Chad) - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 03-16-2006, 08:33 PM   #1
Linz M
Exclamation New Morph! Eublepharis Macularius Obessivus Compulsivatus (thanks to Chad)

New Morph: The OCD leopard gecko (Eublepharis Macularius Obessivus Compulsivatus)

Previously thought to be line-bred, this new Temperament Morph is indistinguishable from basic color/size morphs in appearance. While the phenotype remains consistent with that of other leos, beneath the surface this morph is genotypically unique -- the dominant allele is expressed via temperament, resulting in a distinct propensity for neatness, order, and attention to detail within their territorial habitats....specifically manifest in their creation and maintenance of "Poo Hides" to ensure the cleanliness of their abodes (read on...)

Using the expert eye to determine Eublepharis Macularius Obessivus Compulsivatus, an illustrated tutorial:

This is Nimbus. Nimmie is in love with the Poo Hide...if I catch him in there, he looks at me like I'm a sicko who's just walked in on him changing!!

Old 03-16-2006, 08:46 PM   #2
Ian S.
LMAO!!! good post

Old 03-16-2006, 09:12 PM   #3
dragonflyreptiles
That has to be the cutest thing Ive seen in a while!

Old 03-16-2006, 10:37 PM   #4
brandy101010
I have one of these Eublepharis Macularius Obessivus Compulsivatus.
And beings I have OCD myself, I enjoy him very much and wish the others would learn a thing or two about cleanliness and hygiene from him

Old 03-17-2006, 12:48 AM   #5
LadyGecko
LMAO
Great Post and I guess that we are all a wee bit crazy with our obsessions
I know that i am

LOL
Sandy

Old 03-17-2006, 02:16 AM   #6
Linz M
If I succeed in training Nim & his fellow OCDee'os to "spot-clean" their own cages, I'll definitely put in a phone call to Reptile Mag. for next month's issue

Old 03-17-2006, 09:42 AM   #7
USAGECKOS
Cute post! I have a couple of geckos that always poop in their hide too! But, they still like to lay in the hide, so they end up lying on their poop.....YUCK!!!!

Old 03-17-2006, 02:21 PM   #8
The NY Gecko
Quote:
Originally Posted by USAGECKOS
Cute post! I have a couple of geckos that always poop in their hide too! But, they still like to lay in the hide, so they end up lying on their poop.....YUCK!!!!
dont forget that when we were all between the ages of birth and about 3 or 4 maybe we walked around with our poop in the back of our pants. awesome post, my geckos each have their own spot in the cage, just to make my life harder i think, the clever devils

Old 03-18-2006, 02:25 PM   #9
groovygeckos
Hehe, this is pretty funny. Too bad alot of mine are the exact opposite. LOL

They like to rearrange everything, tear up, or ball up the paper towels, etc. Its like they do it just so they can poop somewhere besides the paper towels.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!