NEW LIZARD MOM...HOW AM I DOING SO FAR? HELP PLEASE? - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Other Lizards Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 02-18-2011, 02:26 PM   #21
trian
Hows ur MHD doing? I bought some wax worms and silk worms but she doesnt seem interested.

Old 02-18-2011, 05:20 PM   #22
maggiemay1969
Hi Trian!

I'm sorry she still isn't eating...How many days has it been now that you have not seen her eat anything?...May have to start force feeding her like I've read about. I forgot, she has already been checked/treated for parasites and is now clean?? Is she drinking water at all that you can tell? I know that every few days or so, I put Ziggy in his pool and he stays in for awhile and has started drinking, especially when I make it 'rain' (spraying with big drops that land on his head and in the water)...Maybe she is dehydrated?...

May want to look up 'force feeding', to see if you can find the information on how to do this and what to feed...Is all I can really think of...And no, Ziggy has now not eaten for several days and it's been awhile since I've seen excrement to take to the vet, so am getting nervous again myself. These guys sure aren't the easiest! Our new beardies are a breeze so far! Chowhounds and a lot of fun

Good luck and keep me posted! Wish I could be of more help!
-Donna

Old 02-18-2011, 08:13 PM   #23
trian
I would say last time she ate would be monday. She threw up on wed from over feeding which is my fault. All that she threw up was the superworms outershell but all the guts were gone. I tried to force feed her today a wax worm but she didnt really want to be fed. I put some silk worms in and hopefully by tomorrow they will be gone. But she hasnt eaten any since I put them in this morning.

Old 02-18-2011, 11:17 PM   #24
maggiemay1969
Wow, that is really wierd...throwing up?....Something sounds very wrong. threw up on Weds and Monday was last time she ate...impaction maybe?....Wow....

Old 02-19-2011, 08:31 AM   #25
trian
Yeah maybe, ill try doing something to help her with that.

Old 02-24-2011, 08:36 AM   #26
trian
Hey, maggie hows your mhd doing? I got some new news from mine haha

Well yesterday, my wife and I took my brother out to the pet store (this store was taking good care of their lizards). He was interested in buying a lizard. So he bought 1 MHD's and I bought 1 for my wife. I'd say one is about 4 inches and the other is 2-3 inches. They are completely different then my MHD, so active love to swim and eat crickets no problem. I put them in and put 5 crickets in and they were gone. They also handle really well. The 2 MHD's were in the same terrarium with some Chinese water dragons I was told they are captive bred also. I cant tell of sex yet but if either of them are males ill put it with my female later. We got a really good deal on the terrarium.

Exo-Terra Habitat Kit Cameroon - $160 - Regular 250
And then the 2 mhds - $80

Ill post pictures of them when my brother wakes up

Old 02-24-2011, 07:17 PM   #27
trian
Well here they are. They are so cute. The small one is my bros and the other is my wifes.

Old 03-10-2011, 11:54 AM   #28
trian
Hey maggie just wondering how ur lizard is doing? Mine passed away this morning hope urs is doing alot better.

Old 03-10-2011, 12:16 PM   #29
maggiemay1969
Aw man Trian...

I'm so sorry...I had been wondering about you guys....My lizard still isn't doing well either...Has not eaten on it's own in about month. Have fed it a few worms (by force once) and force fed it some baby food and gatorade last night. Saw a vet a bit ago and is on a de-worming regiment, was found to have 3 different types of parasites...

Ziggy still can move around a lot and is very alert. doesn't look a whole lot skinnier than whan I got him, but...I just don't feel very good about this either. Have 3 more worming med doses to give him so will see if things improve. I offer food (worms) every single day, but no interest at all. This has been really difficult!

Oh, did I mention we now have a tarantula too? Holy lord....Another critter to learn all about, although it's much easier than our Mountain Horneds...

Again, I'm very sorry about Godzilla....You did your best by her, gave her the best shot. I think sometimes the whole importing thing/pet store etc.just stresses them out so badly and that they are so sick when we get them that they are just sometimes too sick to overcome it. I have learned that now having read so much more. Next time will only buy from a captive breeder, to ensure they are healthy...

Take Care! Keep in touch...r.i.p. Godzilla girl!

Old 03-10-2011, 12:19 PM   #30
maggiemay1969
WOW Trevor!

Not sure how, but I missed those pictures from earlier of the habitats you guys had...WOW...Amazing...Yours looks SO much healthier than my lil guy, now I'm realllllllllly afraid. Beautiful job on the home that you made for them though...simply gorgeous....Like a lizard penthouse

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!