My first boa litter!! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 05-05-2009, 08:08 AM   #1
Tenor Goddess
My first boa litter!!

I still can't believe this is real. I came home feeling tired from work and talked with Vic about our work days, etc...I felt a tiny bit queesy but then realized as we lay there talking, I hadn't checked on Miss Hector yet (although when I reached in for the paper towels to wash my face, I smelled something that was similar to "oh someone needs a cage cleaning". I mentioned to Vic that I hadn't checked on her but I'm sure she'd be fine until morning...he then said sweetly "do you want to go ahead and check on her real quick?"
Now I had dreams recently that I'd go check and see babies, but it came true!!!! ;D
I called to Vic saying "Vic! You've got to see this! We've got babies!!" His response was a smile and "I'll see you in a few hours then, have fun." hehe ;D
OMG! I can't believe it's real! I'm so tired it just feels like it's a dream I'm going to wake up from. Miss Hector is doing great. She's super skinny but will get a meal tomorrow. Right now she's rehydrating and has a nice hide box.
I just gently removed them into a clean, nice warm cage with damp paper towels so they can emerge fully on their own and a water bottle nearby to spritz them during the day for the next couple days.

Thus far, they are "normal" in appearance and at the very least, 100% het for type II anery! No telling what will come out since Miss Hector is so dark herself...maybe when they are old enough to breed, I'll know! ;D

For now, I'm just so elated, my first litter of boas!!!! I'm never going to forget this!

Video link! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htyMV3Q-J38
Pictures:

Hugs,

Amanda Rose

Old 05-05-2009, 08:39 AM   #2
TheFragginDragon
Congrats!!!!!

Old 05-05-2009, 12:41 PM   #3
Tenor Goddess
:D

Thank you kindly!

I just woke up (after 4hrs of sleep. LOL) and I'm soooo excited still. They are happy in their cage still looking around like "what the heck happened," but once they get all cleaned up, more pictures will come!

Hugs,

Amanda Rose

Old 05-05-2009, 12:58 PM   #4
wyldwurm
Congrats Amanda! Gotta love gooey chubby babies!

Old 05-05-2009, 01:11 PM   #5
Miss Tuniwha
bring on the post slime photos!!!!

Old 05-05-2009, 03:36 PM   #6
Tenor Goddess
Hehe, certainly I will bring on the post-slime photos. As soon as they reach that point. lol
And then, the post 1st-shed photos! (oh my!)

Hugs,

Amanda

Old 05-06-2009, 07:06 AM   #7
crotalusadamanteus
Congrats! Looks like some nice fat little worms you got there.

Awaiting those post slime photos.

Old 05-06-2009, 08:04 AM   #8
Mooing Tricycle
Oh how cute!!!! Congrats on them!!!

Like Brandi and Rick, i cant wait for those individual pics!

Old 05-07-2009, 03:45 PM   #9
AbsoluteApril
Congrats! Nothing like the feeling of your first litter.

Old 05-07-2009, 08:48 PM   #10
Randall Turner
Belated congrats. I look forward to seeing the post shed shots.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!