Atlanta Reptile Expo - 8/9 April 2006 - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shows & Events

Notices

Shows & Events Since these are such a big part of our business, it is appropriate that we discuss them from a business perspective.

Old 04-10-2006, 07:25 PM   #21
Skunky
Glad to hear you though the show was a success Cant wait for the next one to roll into town..go GA!!

Old 04-10-2006, 08:41 PM   #22
bigsnakedaddy
Yes Kieth I do remember you. I am glad you are happy with the show and had a good time. It's looking like that show might be a keeper. I sure hope those guys do it again. They put in a lot of hard work and the results were in evidence. They will be promoting a show in Tunica, Mississippi in June. Hope to see you there!

Old 04-11-2006, 10:21 AM   #23
hbreen
Great show

We're just getting started with our program and we came from Charleston, SC to the show and enjoyed ourselves thoroughly! Too bad we didn't look to see that our tax return had posted or we would have come home with more new babies! Or maybe that's a good thing!

Roark, great demonstration, we missed seeing it at Ladson, so it was great to see - I didn't realize that you were local to us!

TMX, I think my hubby is the one who got a bag for your new guy - sorry to hear that he has mites, just be diligent and keep treating - sometimes you think they've gone only to find them again later (voice of experience here!)

Enjoy your new fellow and maybe we'll see you at another show - it's an addiction I tell ya!

Helen
TGX Reptiles
Charleston, SC
www.tgxreptiles.com (under construction)

Old 04-11-2006, 02:16 PM   #24
BWSmith
I thought it was a great show. I had my native educational display out and there were 10-20 people at the tables all day long. Kindof wish I had been selling something

Old 04-11-2006, 05:47 PM   #25
homegrownherps
Question Mites ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsnakedaddy
As a matter of fact the two ball pythons were donated by two different vendors of good reputation and apparant generosity. - Roark Ferguson
I for one would like to know which vendor/s animals have mites. I would hate to be set up next to them a future show.

Old 04-12-2006, 06:00 PM   #26
rabernet
I enjoyed it!

I went to the show on Saturday. I was not even aware that there was a show until I had contacted Rich at HerpEnclosures on the Monday before the show to place an order for one of his racks.

He asked me if I'd like to just pick it up at the show in Atlanta and save on shipping. My reaction was "Show in Atlanta??? When? Where?"

Additionally, while I went there to just get a rack, I was open to purchasing a ball python or two if I saw a female or two that I couldn't pass up.

The website listed Ball Python South, and I was hoping that it was a typo and that it was Ballroom Pythons South (it was), as they had a lovely girl that I had bookmarked on their site about six weeks ago - and had also previously checked their reputation on the BOI and had a personal referral from someone else who had a good experience with them.

I got a chance to speak to Mike and asked if he happened to bring #177 from his site with him and just as I was asking - eyed her (a very nice banded girl). Had I more money, I would have purchased another one from him as well (but I got her ID number and may order her online if she's still available later).

So, I came home with a wonderful new rack and a gorgeous girl to put in it (she's quarantining in there all alone, and then when her quarantine period is up, I'll be transferring some of my other girls in there as well).

I'm thrilled with the quality of both the rack and the snake - but I also printed out the vendor list a few days before and checked every one out on the BOI before going. So, I already knew who I would consider making a purchase from and who I would not.

Now I'm anxiously awaiting Daytona in August and the next show to come to Atlanta!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!