Amazon purchase - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > SOUND OFF!!!

Notices

SOUND OFF!!! Ever have something REALLY bugging you and nowhere to vent about it? Well, this is the place. It does not have to be fauna oriented at all! Get it off your chest right here.

Old 02-19-2023, 05:53 PM   #1
Lucille
Amazon purchase

I'm not sure this rates as an actual Sound Off but it was pretty odd. I ordered some Finish Powerball dishwasher detergent packets, supposed to be 76 in the bag. They arrived today and the bag seemed a little light for 76 packets. I counted them and there were only 46. Amazon made it right, gave me a refund and told me to keep the 46. But the bag the packets came in was completely sealed. How could this happen? I assume that filling the bags at the factory is all mechanical? I came up with two ideas: either a mechanical glitch, or maybe Amazon is being supplied with a product from a fraudulent seller that is shorting everyone. It looks like the regular packets, hope it washed dishes properly- it seems like it would be too much trouble to manufacture fake dishwasher powder. Caveat Emptor.

Old 02-19-2023, 07:57 PM   #2
Socratic Monologue
Are you sure the bag was factory sealed? I've gotten some items from Amazon that were clearly fraudulent returns that weren't checked before being reshelved; maybe someone skimmed some pods and returned it.

This is a pair of shorts Amazon sent me once. No joke.
Attached Images

Old 02-19-2023, 08:25 PM   #3
WebSlave
I think this pretty much points to that the whole world has pretty much gone to crap these days. Or at least as much of the world around me that directly affects my life. And apparently others, like yourself. Of course, maybe it is only little local pockets of crap that I happen to be in the middle of.

We get home delivery from Publix (Instacart) for most of our groceries lately, and specifically comment in the instructions to PLEASE check the eggs for damage. Connie gets text messages from the person doing the grocery collection and delivery, and repeats the request about checking the eggs. I can't remember the last time we have gotten eggs that didn't have at least 4 of them broken or cracked when they get here. So did those people actually check the eggs like we asked, or did the eggs just get rough housed between the time they were picked and they got to our carport? Lord knows we have picked up our own eggs in the past and never had that sort of a problem.

So I have to file a claim about it. On the neutral side, we wind up getting the remaining good eggs for free, but it is still a bother and aggravation I could do without.

Old 02-19-2023, 08:55 PM   #4
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by Socratic Monologue View Post
Are you sure the bag was factory sealed?
Yes, it has one of those tops you have to tear across before getting to the recloseable part, so it was just as you would see it in the store.

Those are some rough looking shorts, how on earth did they ship out something like that?

Old 02-19-2023, 09:03 PM   #5
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post
I think this pretty much points to that the whole world has pretty much gone to crap these days.
I do see hardworking responsible people, but I also see people who don't give a hoot and who do as little as possible. I think that it is sad but true, that some people don't have pride in their work, whatever it might be.

Old 02-19-2023, 09:06 PM   #6
Socratic Monologue
The shorts were pretty neatly folded in the bag; I suspect someone returned them as wrong size or something.

I'm sympathetic to the 'ubiquitous crap' hypothesis, but it may be that our routine interactions with the world are getting more multilayered (usually with added services -- I have to use a computer through my ISP to contact eBay and pay with my CC through PayPal so some arbitrage seller in China can drop ship something from Amazon that gets sent through UPS and then the last leg via USPS) and so there's just more opportunities for crap to find us. So it isn't so much that there is more crap, but that we each have more opportunities for crap to cross our path. Sounds like a George Carlin routine.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!