Montana state law issues - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Laws, Legislative Issues & Alerts > USA State Specific Issues

Notices

USA State Specific Issues Issues that are specific to a particular state, or subregion within a state, should be appended to the existing relevant thread. NEW threads cannot be created in this forum.

Old 07-23-2003, 02:31 AM   #1
Adamanteus
Montana state law issues

State Homepage - http://www.state.mt.us/

State Legislature - http://www.leg.state.mt.us/

State Statutes/Code - http://www.leg.state.mt.us/services/legal/laws.htm

Old 02-14-2006, 06:58 PM   #2
leupanthia
I have a question that I can't seem to get help with. I agreed to take care of a bearded dragon for a couple months until her owner could come get her. It has been six months since the time she was supposed to retreive the lizard and she keeps putting me off. What is my legal stand point? If I decide to keep the lizard will I have to give it up if she shows up in the future trying to claim it?

Old 10-01-2009, 11:22 PM   #3
Strike_Force_Reptiles
i know this is an really old ad but maybe i can help someone else with this problem. in a case like this where someone leave you to "babysit" the reptile or any animal and they give you a time they are coming back for it you do have the right to take the animal as your own but here are the rules to this. the animal must have been left at least 30 days after they were suppose to pick it up and no other agreements to be made to extend the length of the stay, then you need to put in written form to the owner of the animal that they have 30 day to pick their animal up or you will assume custody of they animal by abandonment, make sure you mail 1 copy to the owner and mail one copy to yourself. if they still do not pick the animal up it is yours, just make sure you keep the letter and envelope you mailed to yourself. this prosses give them 60 days all together after their failure to collect their animal on the agreed date. if anyone has any questions on this you know where the pms are

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!