Something strange going on - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 05-15-2021, 12:34 AM   #1
Lucille
Something strange going on

Various random words throughout the site appear highlighted in yellow. When one hovers over them there is an ad for blood pressure fixes and a 'click' box. This includes the word 'visited' from my top bar welcome area, but if one clicks to go to another Fauna area the yellow highlight disappears and it is no longer a link.

Old 05-15-2021, 08:29 AM   #2
Socratic Monologue
I'm not seeing this, either on Firefox with a fair amount of privacy protection on board, nor with a stock version of Safari that I just used to look at a dozen or so ads.

Sounds creepy, though.

Old 05-15-2021, 11:45 AM   #3
bcr229
I don't see it on Chrome with uBlock Origin either.

Old 05-15-2021, 12:03 PM   #4
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
Various random words throughout the site appear highlighted in yellow. When one hovers over them there is an ad for blood pressure fixes and a 'click' box. This includes the word 'visited' from my top bar welcome area, but if one clicks to go to another Fauna area the yellow highlight disappears and it is no longer a link.
That new service, InfoLinks, I am using is putting in those orange underlined links in text. Appears they just pick words at random and usually point to something also completely random.

To show the difference between the above and an embedded link made by the author of the post -> Pop-up ads!

Old 05-15-2021, 12:44 PM   #5
Lucille
A picture when I hover the highlighted text off to the right:
Attached Images

Old 05-15-2021, 12:53 PM   #6
WebSlave
Yes, I know. But if InfoLinks is willing to pay me to display those linked text thingies that go nowhere, who am I to argue with them? It is up to them to point them to a paying advertiser. I am just providing the web pages for them to be displayed on.

In any event, they seem to be quite non-intrusive, comparatively, and I think I could even change the color of them somewhat. But I think making them stand out such that people will soon figure out what they are may be better than trying to hide them in any way.

Old 05-15-2021, 01:08 PM   #7
Lucille
I'm all for it

Old 08-01-2022, 02:37 PM   #8
ReptileStation
Man this drove me crazy cleaning out my whole computer for nothing and it was just your website oh gosh.

Old 08-01-2022, 06:25 PM   #9
Lucille
Jose, next time do what I did and just post up out of the ordinary stuff and you will, like I did, get a kind helpful reply.

Old 08-01-2022, 06:44 PM   #10
WebSlave
And just think! For a mere $25 per year, it can be made to go away.

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/payments.php

And you get to be instrumental in helping to keep this site alive for another year.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!