Heat - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 07-11-2022, 07:41 AM   #1
Lucille
Heat

My area of Texas had a new record yesterday at 111 degrees. I only went outside a couple times for a few minutes at a time so that Duchess my chihuahua could do her business. Fortunately I have stationary bicycles for exercise indoors.
My electric company has a nifty info forecast based on recent usage it will forecast your monthly electric bill. Mine will be at least double the usual. But I am grateful to have AC, as I don't think I could manage this current heat wave without it.

Old 07-11-2022, 02:59 PM   #2
bcr229
You can keep it. It's been cool enough here that I had my windows open last night.

Old 07-11-2022, 03:44 PM   #3
Socratic Monologue
I upgraded my bike lighting so that I can take rides around dusk when it is a bit cooler. I don't suppose 111 drops down too low at night, though. And dusk isn't the safest time of the day to ride.

I presume AC is pretty much standard where you live, Lucille?

Old 07-11-2022, 05:36 PM   #4
Lucille
AC is a basic necessity here. Maybe some people in rural areas who can sleep out on the porch or who can leave their windows open might not have it, and perhaps those in dire poverty are unable to afford it, but everyone else does.

Old 07-11-2022, 11:56 PM   #5
WebSlave
I don't think I would want to live here in north Florida without AC. The heat and humidity can be quite a burden three quarters of the year. This time of year, just walking down to the mail box and back will have me really appreciating the AC when I walk back into the house.

Old 07-12-2022, 03:39 PM   #6
JColt
I have to have my air-conditioning. My wife mentioned the other day the electric bill will be high next cycle. I said, worth every penny.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!