Will you renew your coins? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 09-14-2010, 10:54 AM   #1
eldiablokid
Will you renew your coins?

Well its been a year since I got my coins. I will NOT be renewing them because this site has produced 0 sales for this breeding season. Other outlets,both free and paid have helped me sell all but 5 of my top babies!Most people I mention this site to tell me they are afraid to do business here because of this sites reputation(like wearing a porkchop coat into the lions cage)! This got me to thinking why some of the biggest players in this game aren't here! It isn't hard to see why, just scroll thru the BOI and that answers all the questions. Why would someone do business here just to have there brains kicked in if even the slightest mistake were to happen.Certain members on this site feel that it is there job to dictate everyones behavoir and business practices! God forbid you flip a snake or wholesale a litter or lower your prices you will be beaten and sent for reprogramming to there high puritan standards! Even Rich has acknowledged the problem with this sites rep. Hence the new infraction rules and point system.I believe that the BOI needs to be shut down or severly moderated for this site to grow to the next level. Well that's just my 2 cents. Thanks John Romeo

Old 09-14-2010, 11:03 AM   #2
deborahbroadus
Quote:
Originally Posted by eldiablokid View Post
Well its been a year since I got my coins. I will NOT be renewing them because this site has produced 0 sales for this breeding season. Other outlets,both free and paid have helped me sell all but 5 of my top babies!Most people I mention this site to tell me they are afraid to do business here because of this sites reputation(like wearing a porkchop coat into the lions cage)! This got me to thinking why some of the biggest players in this game aren't here! It isn't hard to see why, just scroll thru the BOI and that answers all the questions. Why would someone do business here just to have there brains kicked in if even the slightest mistake were to happen.Certain members on this site feel that it is there job to dictate everyones behavoir and business practices! God forbid you flip a snake or wholesale a litter or lower your prices you will be beaten and sent for reprogramming to there high puritan standards! Even Rich has acknowledged the problem with this sites rep. Hence the new infraction rules and point system.I believe that the BOI needs to be shut down or severly moderated for this site to grow to the next level. Well that's just my 2 cents. Thanks John Romeo
I will be renewing my coins (already have) and my sponsorships (already have). The site generates visits to my webpage and sales from word of mouth.
I don't pay attention to what other people tell me I should charge.
I don't fear hits to my reputation because I make sure I behave ethically and can logically explain any decision which I may make that may generate ill feelings in a buyer (hence I don't need to "fear" the site).

Biggest names usually have their OWN sites, but they can and do advertise on other sites.
No member "dictates" to anyone, it's a FORUM...opinions will multiply!

I tried applying your logic, it's warped, so did not compute. So you didn't make any sales..perhaps it was the quality of the pictures posted? It's not the forum's job to guide people to you and make sales FOR you

Old 09-14-2010, 11:09 AM   #3
eldiablokid
I didn't say it was the Forums fault. It all boils down to the # of visitors to this site versus Kingsnake or Craigslist! In other words where are my advertising dollars better spent.

Old 09-14-2010, 11:12 AM   #4
JudyC
I don't do sales yet. But I'll be renewing my coins (next month, I believe) when they expire. I'd upgrade them if money weren't so tight these days.

No matter how a site this big is run, there will be folks that don't like it, for whatever reason. Ok...so you don't like it. Really not much anyone can (or should!) do about it. Not sure what the point of a thread like this is. If you want to pick up your marbles and go play somewhere else...then please do so.

Old 09-14-2010, 11:36 AM   #5
deborahbroadus
Quote:
I didn't say it was the Forums fault. It all boils down to the # of visitors to this site versus Kingsnake or Craigslist! In other words where are my advertising dollars better spent.
Nothing anyone can do then. If you aren't getting sales..look to your presentations. This site gets plenty of visitors to make it worth MY while.

If it doesn't get enough visitors for to make it worth your while...don't know what to say except like Judy suggested, pick up your marbles and go play elsewhere?

P.s...I don't BELIEVE you lumped these two sites with CRAIGSLIST..talk about CHEAP!

Old 09-14-2010, 11:36 AM   #6
eldiablokid
Why pay for what I can have for free,like so many other members. If you remember the coins were to offset the cost of keeping the BOI alive. I say let it go and as such will not renew my coins to support it!

Old 09-14-2010, 11:41 AM   #7
eldiablokid
Craigslist has generated MANY sales for me and many flipping oppertunities also! It is a great resource so why knock it! Its all about the money!

Old 09-14-2010, 11:42 AM   #8
deborahbroadus
Quote:
Why pay for what I can have for free,like so many other members. If you remember the coins were to offset the cost of keeping the BOI alive. I say let it go and as such will not renew my coins to support it!

Yeah, selling cheap sick animals on Craigslist where the buyers there are naive and have no recourse.
IMO, you are just showing what type of seller you are and the buyers here probably picked up on that hence no sales for you. So...by all means, if selling on Craigslist rocks your boat, go for it!

I have listed rehomes on there before till people told me what kind of people frequent that site..all the nuts, and weirdos...sound familiar? It's the same on every forum.

Old 09-14-2010, 11:51 AM   #9
crissabella
Quote:
! Its all about the money!
I will definitely be renewing my coins when the time comes. Just having the BOI to research individuals whom i may be interested purchasing either animals, supplies, or feeders from has been extremely helpful.

I highlighted the quote above because to me, this is more about getting pleasure from this hobby and from my animals then it being all about the money. In my opinion, when someone says about any business they're in, it's all about the money, then i'm very hesitant to do any business with them.

Old 09-14-2010, 11:54 AM   #10
eldiablokid
First,I don't take sick snakes from anyone anywhere! Secondly there are people on this forum who have seen my snake room and I can assure that most people don't live as well as my snakes they get fresh water everyday,cages cleaned as needed,natural sunlight floods th room,temp and humidity controlled and the best food possible plus I have an excellent reptile vet!I have never had a buyer complaint and never a might to be found! But you assumed otherwise I see!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!