Will you renew your coins? - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 09-14-2010, 02:03 PM   #31
Miss Tuniwha
I still have 5 more months (I believe) until my coins will expire.. and yes.. I will be renewing them.

I don't see the reason to make a fuss about it.. if you don't want to renew it.. don't. There are plenty of long time members of this site that don't have coins.. some post here daily.. If you don't want to.. don't..

Personally.. Fauna is WHY I started to breed.. fauna (people I have met here) is how I learned the proper ways to go about it..

Yes, the BOI can be ridiculous.. but.. it can also be VERY helpful.

The BOI is what made me come here in the first place.. I got scammed.. .. and I ended up doing an online search for the guy that scammed me.. guess what.. he has been doing it for years.. he had a bad guy thread on here..

Craigslist is.. scary.. yes, I currently have an ad on CL here.. because I have a few extra baby leopard geckos.. can't really ship an animal that sells for less the the box you ship it in.. and there are not very many pet stores locally that sell reptiles.. BUT.. with CL, comes the freaks.. I have ignored a TON of emails.. people that are just scary..

guess where I found the guy that scammed me.. yup.. Craigslist.. he was nice, knew his stuff, and seemed "legit".. then he scammed me..

more often then not.. CL is a way to screw or get screwed ..

Kingsnake.. can't stand the place..

everyone has their personal preferences.. I like this place, not CL or KS.. I sell more on here then anywhere else.. you don't..

easy peasy.. do what works for you.. but no need to make a fuss..

Old 09-14-2010, 02:10 PM   #32
Alex G
Off topic (not that this thread had a very solid topic to begin with) but even though craigslist is a known weirdo-magnet, what about kijiji? I don't know the gender of my leos yet but if they're a pair I'd want to adopt any babies produced out. Even though I'd take them to my herp club first, if they didn't get picked up there I'd like to put them up locally.

Old 09-14-2010, 02:24 PM   #33
eldiablokid
Thanks Brandi and Lexie for understanding what I was trying say in this thread. Also thanks for the tip Lexie about Kijiji.

Old 09-14-2010, 02:28 PM   #34
hhmoore
Quote:
Originally Posted by eldiablokid View Post
Why pay for what I can have for free,like so many other members. If you remember the coins were to offset the cost of keeping the BOI alive. I say let it go and as such will not renew my coins to support it!
The memberships have been around a lot longer than last year's push to keep the BOI going. If you're comparing advertising dollars, you can post a limited number of ads on KS for $100/yr, or an unlimited number here. The $25 has nothing to do with advertising, except the few perks that are applicable to that area. With this site, as with many (like KS), name recognition helps a lot with sales...or, in some cases, hurts.

Over the years, my sales have increased through this site...to the point that I rarely advertise on KS anymore. I do get a lot more responses to my ads there, but the follow through ratio here is a lot better for me.

Old 09-14-2010, 02:31 PM   #35
JudyC
Quote:
Judy
Did you read post #21 my sales are fine. The whole point of this thread was simply to point out that I will not send my money to a site that does not produce sales. Just a good business practice.
Quote:
... I will NOT be renewing them because this site has produced 0 sales for this breeding season. ...
Quote:
Well here's the breakdown
Fauna 0
This is animals sold
Looks like whining to me.

What I see is a guy who just wants to make a big stink. If you were a REAL businessman, and you felt like this particular site wasn't helpful to your business while others were infinitely better....then you'd simply quietly move on and work through those other sites. So...go on already..... ......shoo!

Old 09-14-2010, 02:32 PM   #36
Alex G
Quote:
Thanks Brandi and Lexie for understanding what I was trying say in this thread. Also thanks for the tip Lexie about Kijiji.
I think you completely misread me...

Old 09-14-2010, 02:38 PM   #37
Miss Tuniwha
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepper View Post
I think you completely misread me...
me as well.. I just got done saying how awesome I think the BOI is.. so.. not sure how that goes with your disliking of it..

anywho..

basically .. you don't like it, you don't have to do it.. was the moral of my story. :P

Old 09-14-2010, 02:40 PM   #38
brd7666
This is one of the most pathetic threads I have ever seen. You can pat yourself on the back OP for this one. You win the "RETARD OF THE WEEK AWARD". It fits you well. I contribute to this site to keep the BOI going, and for no other reason. The BOI is one of the best tools available to the reptile community. You should be thankful it's here. The only people who complain, and want the BOI to be shut down are people with lower business standards. If you don't like it here then stop your crying, and take your idiotic analogies somewhere else. You might also want to try growing up, you will find that being mature will get you a lot further in life.

My second choice for your award would be "SALESMAN OF THE YEAR". Gosh man, you have some wopping sales going on there from all of those other sites. LOL

Old 09-14-2010, 02:49 PM   #39
Southern Wolf
Quote:
Craigslist has generated MANY sales for me and many flipping oppertunities also! It is a great resource so why knock it! Its all about the money!
Actually.... its all about the animals.

Old 09-14-2010, 02:50 PM   #40
crissabella
Quote:
Originally Posted by RidgeTop Reptiles View Post
Actually.... its all about the animals.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!