Suddenly can't respond to linked threads - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 06-13-2021, 11:04 PM   #1
Helenthereef
Suddenly can't respond to linked threads

Just noticed this during the last week:
If I click on an email link to a thread I have subscribed to, I can read but not reply. Instead I get the request to join as below.

Also I am being asked to log in again every time I access the site through my normal channel (bookmark to Boas Discussion forum).

Neither are a major challenge for me, but obviously something has changed and thought you should know. If it makes any difference, I am accessing though a PC using Chrome.
Attached Images

Old 06-14-2021, 03:25 AM   #2
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helenthereef View Post
Just noticed this during the last week:
If I click on an email link to a thread I have subscribed to, I can read but not reply. Instead I get the request to join as below.

Also I am being asked to log in again every time I access the site through my normal channel (bookmark to Boas Discussion forum).

Neither are a major challenge for me, but obviously something has changed and thought you should know. If it makes any difference, I am accessing though a PC using Chrome.
Normally this means that you have a corrupted cookie in your browser. Clearing all cookies will usually fix this right up.

Old 06-14-2021, 05:32 PM   #3
Helenthereef
Ok, I'll try that, thanks for the tip

Old 06-15-2021, 12:09 AM   #4
Helenthereef
Yes, that fixed it thanks. Sorry for being such a doofus user!

Old 06-15-2021, 07:00 AM   #5
Beyond GenetiX
I guess the only thing worse than corrupted cookies would be corrupted ice cream.

Old 06-15-2021, 12:06 PM   #6
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helenthereef View Post
Yes, that fixed it thanks. Sorry for being such a doofus user!
Heck, the solution isn't very intuitive, so it is unlikely that most people would be able to figure it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beyond GenetiX View Post
I guess the only thing worse than corrupted cookies would be corrupted ice cream.
Well, I don't know. Sure might piss off Santa Claus if you placed a plate of corrupted cookies out for him to eat on Christmas Eve night. That would probably earn you a bag of coal.

Old 06-15-2021, 01:03 PM   #7
Beyond GenetiX
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post
Heck, the solution isn't very intuitive, so it is unlikely that most people would be able to figure it out.

Well, I don't know. Sure might piss off Santa Claus if you placed a plate of corrupted cookies out for him to eat on Christmas Eve night. That would probably earn you a bag of coal.
😂🤣well I was looking out for myself with the ice cream comment, forgot all about jolly (probably not if he get warm ice cream) St Nicholas.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!