Wanting to get into Rosy Boas... looking for input. - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Rosy, Sand, Ground Boas/Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 07-04-2020, 06:05 PM   #1
Randall Turner
Wanting to get into Rosy Boas... looking for input.

So Ive never kept rosy boas, but they've interested me over the years. Ive finally decided to get a small group. I was curious to know is their a specific locale that is recommended over others to work with? Are morphs non locale specific usually? Or do you find them fairly well kept within their specific lineage/ location.

Any recommended resources would be appreciated as well.

Old 07-04-2020, 10:30 PM   #2
Socratic Monologue
As to specific locale, I would think that whatever you like the looks of would be a good starting point. Some locales are more in demand than others, but considering how long it takes to grow out breeders (roughly five years), popularity will possibly have changed.

I will say that I enjoy my trivs (Ajo) much more than my coastals (Anza Borrego), mostly because I do not like being bitten.

As to local-specific morphs: some are associated with only one locale, e.g. hypo Borregos. I suspect many of the albinos have been outcrossed to other morphs unless a trusted breeder can stand behind the lineage of their animals.

Old 07-04-2020, 11:48 PM   #3
Randall Turner
Thanks. I'm going to have to do some research on appearances I think to narrow down some locales I would like to keep. I do like the chocolaty striping the Ajo have. They definitely are some I'm going to be interested in.

Old 07-08-2020, 03:32 AM   #4
Flatfish1
I personally like the coastals with the more diffuse striping of greys, blue/greys and browns over the ones that have the more hard edged, higher contrast striping. I'm probably in the minority here, but that is my 2 cents.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!