Herp laws - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > SOUND OFF!!!

Notices

SOUND OFF!!! Ever have something REALLY bugging you and nowhere to vent about it? Well, this is the place. It does not have to be fauna oriented at all! Get it off your chest right here.

Old 11-02-2003, 10:01 AM   #1
John Apple
Herp laws

Getting sick of them....no I AM GETTING DAMN SICK OF THEM!!!
Here in southern Mi. another law is trying to get passed and the only mention of reptiles is a ban on reptiles in general
Well this is going to start in Ann Arbor and as we all know other neighboring town and provinces are going to try and follow suit. Hell one pet store in Saline Mi. has removed all herps from the store.[Saline neighbors Ann Arbor] We can't run scared we need to unite
On 11-5 is another meeting and I plan on being there as do a few other pet store owners and herpers that I know.
This has got to stop and we need to do it

Old 11-04-2003, 07:29 PM   #2
WednesdayFaith
Good Luck!

I just wanted to agree that we all need to stick together and wish you well tomorrow. Let us know how it went.

Anna

Old 11-04-2003, 08:25 PM   #3
John Apple
so far so good

front page of the Ann Arbor news today had a pic of one of the local Ann Arbor pet stroe owners with a ball in her hand.
Basically because of public out cry for the law in general a lot of stuff will not go ....so big revisements were in hand and and one was the allowing of reptiles as pets. The meeting is set for 11-6 on Thursday to pass it with the revisements.
I know I know This is only one small victory and we owe it all to the public that spoke up or did somethying, maybe this will help the ball roll

Old 11-06-2003, 06:27 AM   #4
John Apple
Well the caucus was yesterday
some of the points we hammered through was the length limit on snakes , we were going for no limit cause they had a 2ft limit on snakes
quantity which was set at 12, we went for no limit [ hell look at how many snake a garter has]
ban on venomous to include scorpions and tarantulas [this is a pet peeve of mine also , cause I have many theraphosids]
one thing we all agreed on was tableing this until our lawmakers did some research on the subject.
all in all many people were there
Bob Ashley
Eric Tobin [MSH]
Many local pet store owners
Phil Weidman
myself
I walked out of there with a feeling of accomplishment and I believe we all were listened to
Today is the meeting on the law itself .
Our words and action have all ready made a difference, but our work is not done

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!