Size comparison for breeding - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 08-15-2006, 07:08 PM   #1
dragonchick88
Size comparison for breeding

Ok hey guys some of you know that I am having alittle trouble deciding on if my new female is ok to breed if I chose to breed her one of these days, well here is a size comparison pic so you guys can get a better visual of why I am debating. The picture planley sux due to the fact my camera phone picture setting was dark since I had taken a picture outside and the lighting was way toooo bright so yeah it kinda sux!
Attached Images

Old 08-15-2006, 08:58 PM   #2
clarinet45
can you take a pic with something like dollar bill in the pic? They look ok, but they have to be the proper weights too.

Old 08-15-2006, 10:31 PM   #3
dragonchick88
sure, i will do it here in a little while after dinner

Old 08-16-2006, 07:45 PM   #4
Brenda777
Nice dragons Debra. You know I had a camera that sucked to. I went out and bought a new one just to take pictures of my babies. My husband thought I was nuts.lol Oh well maybe so.

Old 08-16-2006, 08:06 PM   #5
Rebel Dragons
They look fine to be paired together, Debra. You would be surprised at the things males can accomplish just to get their jollies......Lmao Oh wait, your a woman, you already know.

Good luck with your planning and your beautiful dragons.

Old 08-18-2006, 11:52 PM   #6
dragonchick88
MIKE: Ok well Scorch is giving us trouble now cause he is constantly bobbing his head away at the others and NOT EATING MUCH! we r really wanting him to gain weight first before we breed them. Scarlett is only right now 300 grams Scorch is about 278. I am trying my hardest to feed her stuff thats gonna put on some weight for her but not stuff that is bad.. I AM NOT POWER FEEDING HER JUST TO BREED HER. I actualy woudl like her to get bigger by weight anyway even though people tell me she looks fine... I just want her to get big liek some of these dragons I see that r liek 500 grams or MORE!! If she doesnt gain up to atleast 400 grams I AM NOT GONNA BREED HER. I love her alot and I dont want her to be to small and have egg laying troubles or something go on like egg binding or something.

Brenda: trust me the phone I use to take the pictures SUCK SEVERALY! The true color of scralett doesnt even show! She is super yellow!!! I mean like lemon yellow and the damn pictures come out looking to dark ALL THE TIME!!! Me and Daniel plan to get us a good digi cam for our " together" christmas present but I dont know if they r even worth it! Hey do you guys use your with the flash or no flash?...I used my bros with the flash and it was liek a nuclear bomb went off in the picture!!

Old 08-18-2006, 11:58 PM   #7
dragonchick88
Thanx for the commments guys! I feel all warm inside when someone else thinks our babies r pretty! lol

Old 08-19-2006, 01:15 AM   #8
Rebel Dragons
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonchick88
MIKE: Ok well Scorch is giving us trouble now cause he is constantly bobbing his head away at the others and NOT EATING MUCH! we r really wanting him to gain weight first before we breed them. Scarlett is only right now 300 grams Scorch is about 278. I am trying my hardest to feed her stuff thats gonna put on some weight for her but not stuff that is bad.. I AM NOT POWER FEEDING HER JUST TO BREED HER. I actualy woudl like her to get bigger by weight anyway even though people tell me she looks fine... I just want her to get big liek some of these dragons I see that r liek 500 grams or MORE!! If she doesnt gain up to atleast 400 grams I AM NOT GONNA BREED HER. I love her alot and I dont want her to be to small and have egg laying troubles or something go on like egg binding or something.
My best advice is to just give it time. Let your dragons go at their own natural pace and things will work out in the end. Before you know it they will be huge and ready to breed for ya. 300 grams is damn close to breeding size. Once she reaches 350-400 you'll be good to go.

And once you have a ton of babies running around let me know. I'd love to be first in line to buy one from ya.

Old 08-19-2006, 02:52 AM   #9
dragonchick88
lol you want a male or female? Cant make no gaurentees due to the fact we r newbies!!! lmao we might be able to tell whats what but like many sometimes you cant... will let you know when they pop out so you can get dibs on the one ya want!! hope they have some pretty babies but its all up to them not us!!

Old 08-19-2006, 10:08 AM   #10
Brenda777
I bought a Canon Power Shot and the Pictures come out great. If you look at my thread Bath Buddies you can see how good they came out. When I bought my digital camera I asked the guy to take some pictures and print them out so I can see if it was good or not. Maybe when you get yours they will do the same so you can get the right one.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!